This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Why do you love Narnia? Think about it!

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Re: Why do you love Narnia? Think about it!

Postby Elanor » Oct 20, 2010 9:22 am

I love Narnia because they're all beautiful, well written books, that lift me up, encourage and teach me. :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant » Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

The first time I read Narnia, I liked it because it was magical. However I have grown to love it for its spiritual meaning more and more each time I read it. I think Lewis understands the trials of being Christian and the challenges one will face. He adds theology to the books in such a simple yet deep way. I love that. I love how he says so much with so little words.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Nov 04, 2010 1:31 am

I love Narnia because...

1. It inspires me a lot.
2. It has great characters.
3. Lots of lessons are learned from the story.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MagnificentKing » Nov 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I love Narnia because I know deep inside that every little (or big) girl is God's princess and some part deep inside me wants to be a King, knight or princess. We all want to make a difference. Narnia is making that difference here on Earth it is being a King or Queen. It makes me the hero, the "good guy". It is having the best day you can possibly have and after your trill is over finding out you have won!
I am so happy I get to be a Queen here on Earth and in Aslan's Country.
Once a King or Queen of Narnia always a King and Queen of Narnia.
~High King
MagnificentKing
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Eustace » Nov 18, 2010 11:44 am

I love Narnia because....
1) Biblical themes and allusions.
2) the characters, especially Edmund and Eustace, who I can relate to.
3)The fairytale and fantasy feel of the books.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Nov 19, 2010 1:41 am

I love Narnia because it has this strange yet magical thing it does to me whenever I read it chapter by chapter, no lie ;).

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby moo25 » Dec 27, 2010 6:23 am

I love Narnia because of the feeling it creates deep inside you. It awakens adventure, love, faith, a desire to be close to God...it embodies everything that our world should be but isn't, everything we aspire to reach...the whole series holds such a wonderful message that has helped me to grow closer to God throughout my childhood.
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Gwayne » Dec 31, 2010 3:07 pm

moo25 wrote:...the whole series holds such a wonderful message that has helped me to grow closer to God throughout my childhood.

Yes, and that is why it's important to read fantasy books like Narnia, because they do give good messages, and it will help you in your life.

What I think is amazing is that not just Christians love to read fantasies like we've been talking about, but also unbelievers, who yearn for something missing in their life as well. They may not know what that missing thing is, but they see a glimpse of it in Narnia.
Sig/Avi by myself.
Gwayne
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Mar 24, 2011 2:47 pm

C.S. Lewis wrote so beautifully, elegantly, and simply. I perfectly love the writing and the story. There are twists and creative plots, with lovable characters. He thinks of things I never would have thought of. It's perfectly captivating and I have such good memories of it. Mostly, I love it because whenever I read it, I feel like I'm not only reading a good story but reading a devotional book. It's amazing literature and a way to get closer to God.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Its a fantasy that I can escape to. That is so much like christianity in so many ways. Also I love the stories; the settings the characters. :D :D

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ionic Bonding Rocks » Mar 27, 2011 11:56 pm

It's a very well-written, exciting fantasy that's easy enough for young children to read. That's not why I love it, though.
The Chronicles of Narnia isn't just another fantasy series, although it is one of the most popular series in that genre. It's so much more that that! It's the story of Christ's unconditional love and patience for each of us, and each time I read it I'm reminded of all the wonderful things He has done for us, even though we don't deserve it. Each of the characters I can relate to in some way or another, because none of them are perfect, yet they all come to understand Aslan's love.
Aslan is what makes this series stand out from the others. Behind each character's success, shortcoming and ultimate change is the Great Lion who guides and watches over each character both when they're doing his will and when they're being pretty silly. Every single book emphasises the fact that none of the characters would have been able to do what they needed to without Aslan's help.
I also love the Christian themes explored throughout the books such as redemption, longing for your true home and truth vs lies.
~Ionic
http://abookwormsopinion.blogspot.com
Set by Princess Anna
Ionic Bonding Rocks
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Pepper » Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

My first introduction to Narnia was the LWW movie. I had been Christian for a few years and when the movie came out, my first gut instinct was "I am a Christian, why would I want to watch something about a wild animal, a witch and a set of clothes?" (here in the States "wardrobe" more often refers to what is in the closet, not the closet itself)

I didn't think much else about it then I happened to catch a showing of it on one of the TV movie channels. I have to say, I was absolutely blown away. Seeing how much my personal character mirrored that of Edmund, then seeing Aslan sacrifice himself and the transformation that took place, I can't describe what it did to me.

I have since read all the books and have not been disappointed. Narnia, and the other writings of Lewis, have helped me understand better what Jesus did for me on Calvary, and what He continues to do every day of my life, if I will but take the small effort to notice.

And now I've found this group of like minded people who love Narnia! What could be better? (aside from actually being in Aslan's Country, of course)
"Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror."
- C.S. Lewis

"There was a man called Clive Staples Lewis, and he almost deserved it."
- E.C. Scrubb
Pepper
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby lusyDaValient » Apr 14, 2011 3:02 am

i love narnia for many reasons

1) the way it shows how god loves children. i mean only children enter narnia

2)the deep meaning. i mean narnia if you read it between the lines its like reading a christian guide book if you know what i mean .it goes so much deeper than talking animals and quests it shows the true meaning of christianity.most of my non christian friends MOST not all MOST think narnia is lame and boring but my christian friend love it. just like a normal christian book

the movie fails to capture the real meaning of narnia
i am on aslans slide even if there isnt any aslan to lead it
lusyDaValient
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby SleepingDragon » Apr 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Narnia has many things to offer but the main reason that I fell in love with the films are the protagonists. The Pevensies are all interesting characters and their stories have great messages for people of all ages. Peter teaches leadership, rising to the challenge, and that you can't lead alone. Susan's character about learning to believe and the value of that belief despite the pain it can cause. Edmund has the story of redemption and learning to do the right thing even though you may gain from doing evil. Finally, Lucy learns to be brave and to stick to what she knows is true even if nobody believes her.
SleepingDragon
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 19, 2011 3:54 pm

By knowing Aslan a little in Narnia, I have known Him better here as Christ. :) Now in church, I have even started to understand sermons better as a result of my Narnia liking.

Lewis managed to weave many more hidden Christian themes in seven books than it appears. The characters are very equivalent to us as humans in our sinful world, while Aslan, is indeed, Jesus, the Light who overcomes the darkness.

C.S. Lewis, there will be no man like you ever again. May you reside in the Lion's Country in peace.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Jul 20, 2011 6:46 pm

I think that without the Christian aspect, the stories would be hollow. As Christians, we understand the Biblical influence. While non-Christians have a shallow meaning, fantasy stories, Christians can understand the deeper meanings and truths put into the stories. And that is why we are drawn into Narnia.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext