This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy-Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Lucy-Georgie Henley

Postby CharlotteRose » May 12, 2011 8:11 am

Wow, shes so pretty and that dress is beautiful- especially the colour and the material for the top!!! I love the clutch and shoes too!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kat » May 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Found a few more pics of Georgie on Tumblr & a gif with Georgie, Rachel, their mom, & Anna.

Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » May 12, 2011 8:58 pm

I love the lighting on those pictures! I love how she really looks her age here :) espicially in the close up shot!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » May 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Aww! Such sweet, beautiful pictures! :D

Wow, that's her mom? She looks nothing like her! :-o

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Elanor » May 14, 2011 7:38 am

Those are lovely pictures - she's so pretty, love her hair . . and that last, moving picture makes me so happy; her smile is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby cipher » May 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Georgie was the best thing in VDT. But I find it strange why she wants to be Susan? Personally I find Lucy much more beautiful than Susan. Well well....the plot armor I guess.
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Lucy, an Guardian Angel?

Postby cipher » May 24, 2011 11:49 am

Sorry english is not my main.

As most of you have noticed, I have not read any of the Narnia books. But I loved all the Narnia movies:D (yes include VDT;)). There's something that those movie made me realise something:

Sure Peter, Edmund and Susan are very good at fighting (especially peter). But Lucy is the one who actually saves all of them. It was Lucy who introduced the Pevensies to Narnia, she was the one who always believed in Aslan, brought help to Peter and Edmund during the climatic battle of LWW and PC (where she saved Narnians and Caspian X), she also stopped Edmund and Caspian from falling into temptation in VDT (yes I know Aslan is the one who helped them in the book). Those actions also brought peace to Narnia. Sure she have some jealousy of Susan, but she quickly over comes it. Her soul is so pure and innocent. I believe she is an guardian angel that hides amongst the Pevensies. :D
Anyone else share the same view? :)
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Lucy, an Guardian Angel?

Postby puddleglum32 » May 24, 2011 12:11 pm

I agree with you mostly Cipher. I think that since Lucy is so quiet, she payes attention to the little things. Edmund and Peter fall to temptation easy. Especially Edmund who has a lust for power. I think that no one really notices Lucy because she has a small stature and attitude. She goes behind the scenes and helps out.

(this may not be the best post, but its what I think)

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby cipher » May 24, 2011 12:58 pm

^She is always the savior :D. Personally, I find that she is the strongest of the Pevensies. I think she should've been the supreme ruler instead of Peter. Lucy takes care of governing the land while Peter takes care of any warfare situations :D .
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Shastafan » May 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Although Lucy is a lot like a angel, she still has her flaws. In the movies, she does get jealous of Susan, but she also fails to stand up for seeing Aslan to her siblings (I might be wrong on that one). In the books, she does have some flaws in PC and VDT (they're mostly the same with the movies, though).

For one thing, she may be great in some things, but not with everything else. Peter was more fit for being the High King because he was older, more kinglike, and, well, magnificent. :p But Lucy didn't mind, and besides Peter being in a higher seat than them, all of the Pevensies took equal jobs in ruling Narnia. Peter and Edmund do struggle with issues sometimes, in both the movies and the books, but they eventually see their mistakes and grow from them, just as Lucy does.

And I don't think being quietly observant is what brought Lucy to do all those things. Her childlike innocence and faith were what got her to find Narnia first in LWW and see Aslan first in PC. She was sent out to find Aslan, because of her faith in him. And because Coriakin warned her before, she was able to stop Edmund and Caspian from doing harm to each other (I liked it better in the book, though).

So, because of her amazingly strong faith in Aslan and desire to follow him, she became the character with the most heart in the series. Of course, she's not perfect, and she usually realizes this, but she'll do what she can to do what's right at all times. I wouldn't call her a guardian angel, but I'd call her a light and inspiration among the Pevensies and many other Narnians. :)

After all, in the end, she's not the real saviour, but Aslan is. ;)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby cipher » May 25, 2011 11:02 am

Ah I know Aslan is THE savior:D. But I personally find Lucy is the strongest character of the Pevensies. Yes she have flaws, who doesn't have it? Lucy is my favorite Narnia character. Maybe it's Georgie Henley's portrayal her? :) I saw a picture of Lucy in the old BBC Narnia version. I don't know how good her portrayal in that series is, but to be honest (and not use any harsh language), her look could not compare to Georgie's. :D
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Jun 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Great role, as always. I think it's not Su's voice. Maybe it's a coincidence? Georgie is older than Lucy is supposed to be. OK, Susan's voice can be in two scenes, you know. And I found BBC versions on Youtube and in both new adaptations and older is cute.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » Jun 07, 2011 12:09 pm

I watched “Elizabeth: The Golden Age” (2007) on DVD last night. I really liked it! And it occurred to me afterward how much this “woman warrior queen” [movie tagline] is like Lucy. Elizabeth I reigned during England’s “Golden Age.” So do Lucy and her siblings, in Narnia. Elizabeth’s reign is like a light dawning in England, an age of tolerance and exploration. Lucy means “light” and through Aslan she brings light to Narnia after 100 years of winter. Elizabeth valiantly went into battle with her subjects, dressed like a man. I wonder if Lucy does the same in HHB. She does this in a few Narnia fanfics. Elizabeth is the “virgin queen.” So is Lucy. The only difference is the far greater measure of faith Lucy exhibits, namely her alone time with Aslan. I can’t see Elizabeth doing this. So, did Lewis have her in mind when he created Lucy? What do you guys think? :)
220chrisTian

Postby AslansChild » Jun 20, 2011 7:58 am

When Georgie was in Japan VDT premiere with Ben...she had glasses on.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-bDcAMaGbBc4/TW7pq ... apan05.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-1Ort4xbrlpk/TW7pp ... apan03.jpg

I think she looks good with the glasses B-) ...but someone said she wears contacts alot...(obviously, because I never new she needed glasses until a few months ago!)

Anyway...does anyone have any more everyday/life pics of her in glasses?
Could you post the here?
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kat » Jul 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Georgie attended the Legally Blonde Musical Press Night @ the Savoy Theater in London last night.

Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Elanor » Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

Adorable pictures!! Her dress is really pretty - very simple, but classy. I love how the hand bag spices it up. Her hair is gorgeous as well, though I don't think it's especially flattering.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext