Featured Roleplay: Supernova

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Featured Roleplay: Supernova

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 10, 2011 1:08 pm

-Day 2-
Arida, the Convent

Previous Post

Allee was awake before the gunfire even started. She had been laying awake on the floor, unable to sleep for several reasons, the least of which being that she had a huge knot in her back. Then there was what had happened yesterday. She didn't think anyone would have gotten a good sleep last night after the supernova.

The calm atmosphere was shattered by a chain of gunfire piercing the still air. Allee shot straight out of bed, her heart pounding. She nodded and gulped when Xandria mentioned the children. "You're right. We should go." Allee took off running down the hall, her bare feet slapping against the convent floor. As she ran, she chided herself for panicking. It'll be okay. A tight feeling made its way across her chest. Then again, this is the supernova. Anything could happen.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Volt and Jenny

Postby Dinode » Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Palisade National Park, Day One, Post-Supernova

"Am I dreaming," asked Volt.

"I was about to say that," said Jenny.

Volt reached down and bit his leg.

"Nope, I'm awake."

Jenny pinched her arm.

"So am I."

Volt tried to figure it out. He had never been able to speak human before. His unusual strength when he was fighting those wolves was also strange. Did it have anything to do with that second sun?

"Maybe I'm not speaking human, maybe you are understanding domestican?"

"Domestican?"

"That's the language us domesticated animals speak."

"It wouldn't be any weirder," said Jenny. "I know a way we can find out. Pretend there's another dog to our left and speak to it in your language."

Turning left, Volt said, "Hello, how ya doing?"

"Well, I didn't understand that, so it's definitely you, not me. Do you think we should head back now?"

"Aren't we going to try and catch up with the others?"

"We won't catch them before they get back, I'm gonna get in trouble anyway. Plus, there might be more wolves around."

"I could protect you," Volt said indignantly.

"I'd rather not risk it, we don't know how long this will last. For that reason, I also suggest we not tell anyone but my mom about this yet."

"Whatever you say." And so the two of them started back.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Courage » Jun 11, 2011 4:50 pm

-- Day 1 --
Judicia, Erbaine
Underground

Dr. Steele nodded politely as the president swept by him and left the room. For a moment, he narrowed his eyes into a look that matched his name, but he settled the expression into a somewhat softer one as he lifted out a syringe hidden in the cart with the scrap metal and turned to Tony.

The boy's eyes were once again nearly black with rage. "This is not how you told me things would turn out."

"These events are no longer under my control. You heard it yourself."

"I should never have let you talk me into this," snarled the teenager and rapidly turned his back to Dr. Steele.

"Tony..." murmured Steele and touched his shoulder lightly, "This 'Quadrant 9' may very well be the new start you have been waiting for. Your mind requires a change of scenery and a shifting of purpose in order for it to heal after today's events."

"But not as a prisoner!" There was a new and oddly petulant tone to his voice.

Steele's lips twitched, but his eyes were sympathetic. "Seeing as how I am also a 'prisoner', you and are in the same proverbial boat." He touched Tony's shoulder again, "Turn around, son."

Slowly and reluctantly, Tony twisted around and looked at the Doctor.

"Nothing will ever be the same for anyone after today. You and I are only a poor sample of the many changes that will be made, voluntary and mandatory, in the lives of everyone on this planet." He stood silent for a moment, then continued. "It's the least we can do to assist in creating some order and benefit out of this chaos and pain."

"But Doctor-!"

"Stand still a moment; this will help."

"But Doctor, I don't see how sticking people in a prison will make "order and benefit" for anyone except the government! And if the people are like me and not really dangerous just different, then how-..." He stopped suddenly and staggered, a reaction to his unexpected loss of balance and trembling legs. "What's-... Why-...?" His knees gave out and he found himself up and cozy with the floor before blacking out entirely.

Steele gazed at the boy's still body for a moment, then turned to General Claw. "Whenever you are ready, General, we are at your disposal." He smiled coolly.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby lover of narnia » Jun 13, 2011 3:26 pm

-Day 2-
Obviously after Supernvoa
Arenico, Arida

A supernova: the event of a star exploding, becoming larger and brighter, because of some cosmic conditions

Doctor Arthur ford stared at the book in his hands, at the page full of definitions, and sighed, running a tanned hand through his golden hair. He had made a verdict; after examining all the facts, and going over the moments again and again in his mind, he had brought all it all to the conclusive decision that what had occurred was a Supernova. He had been hearing rumors for some time now about such a ‘disaster’ occurring; a radical professor in Judicia had been lecturing upon the fact that this event would be widely affecting, but from what he had heard from the government, they had taken little heed to the few hints of warnings.

A frustrated breath escaped his lips as he stood, striding across his study room’s floor, glass crunching beneath his shoes. A wave of pressure, which had swept through yesterday, had shattered every window, and fried ever electronic devise he owned. He had been left with no way to contact anyone, and with a house bathed in darkness, and covered in sparkling sharp shards of what remained of most of his lamps and light bulbs. His hand grasped another heavy bound book from his shelf, and he returned to a chair, the light spilling in through the window frame, that was now all free air. There was little he could do but wait, and read.
A doctor by profession, and a skilled and expert one at that, when the apocalypse had occurred he had been in the resident hospital, performing minor, but intricate, surgery. When all the lights and computers and blanked and burnt up, he had been left in a silent room, with a patient, hanging on him suddenly without anything to keep him alive. He had thought he would lose the young man. What could one do without the systems to monitor vitals? Or the oxygen, constantly being fed? But sheer determination had led Arthur to perform a miracle…he had been able, with some strange force, to finish his procedure, sewing the stitches in almost complete dark, luckily added with the light from a lighter, which his niece and nurse Catherine, had managed to have.

He cast his eye upon the book in his hands, leaning lazily on his desk and flipping with little care through the pages. He had been scouring books for the past day now for information on the effects of radiation, and it’s abilities to alter the human body, or possibly enhance and change attributes and skills. His search had been mostly fruitless, and he was frustrated and quite confused. How can there be no information on this subject? People have researched it-
His thoughts were interrupted by a sharp knocking upon his front door. He tossed the book down on his desk, standing up delicately, again avoiding the knife-like glass pieces. He wondered who would be calling on him, so early in the morning. Though, it could certainly be a citizen needing medical help, and for this reason, and his conscious, he could not ignore the wrapping. “I’m coming!” he called, as the sound impatiently came again.

His hand slipped over the knob and he gave it a stiff yank. He was taken aback by the sight of two, broad shouldered, stony expressioned men, dressed in black suits and sunglasses standing there before him. One of his eye brows raised, and he stared for a minute, unsure if what to say.

“Doctor Ford?”

“Yes…?” Arthur inquired warily.

“The Government has immediate need of your services. We have come to respectfully request that you accompany us without resisting.”

Arthur’s jaw snapped shut, and he drew a step back. “The Government, eh?” he glanced around his hall for something he could use to possibly defend himself. “What will my services be used for? Is the president sick?” he asked with a chuckle, “I’d hardly think he’d send you chaps all the way here, just to have me treat his head cold.” He could tell they did not find him amusing. “Well, you have only respectfully requested, so I shall respectfully decline until I’m told where exactly I’ll be going…”

“You are not given the option to decline, doctor. I suggest you come. Now.” One man said, his lips twitching.

“I refuse.” Arthur said quickly. “Where will I be going? Who will I be helping? Why?” he let out a breath. “I just wish for you to answer a few questions…is that so hard?” Normally he would have been more agreeable to the two fellows, but he knew in the sight of the disastrous event, order, in some parts of the city, had been thrown to the winds. And was it hardly wise to trust anyone whom acted so strangely?

“Yes.” One snarled. “I’m afraid, sir, we cannot answer anything. If you will not willingly come….we shall have to take you.”

Arthur froze for a minute, knowing, beyond a doubt, if he did not passively accept to go with them he would be taken by force. But he was hardly in a mood to oblige so easily. He reached out and tried to slam the door; he heard it instead contact the face of one of the men, a loud grunt emitting from behind it. He then spun on a heel, and leaped toward the railing and steps. But the ripping sound of grinding glass was heard, and one of the agents launched himself after him. In one athletic bound he was upon the stair, beside the middle aged doctor. Without a word he reached out and grabbed him by the arms, drawing him toward himself, then stuffing a white cloth into his face.

Arthur drew a panicked breath and smelled the poignant odor of chloroform, before feeling himself slip into a drugged unconsciousness.

-Day 1-
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park, Wolf Rehabilitation Center

The Wolf pup gave a sharp bark, and Loretta’s head snapped up as she heard a rush of words flood her mind, and alert her to the presence of another. Again, she was puzzled at how should could hear the canine talk, when before all his sounds had been simply those normal utterances of an animal.

Her green eyes swerved to beyond the gate of the center, to a tree, where a gasping person leaned. She jumped to her feet, and then recognized the being as Terra, Lui’s cousin and good friend who she occasionally saw at work. They had never exchanged more than a few words, but from what she had detected, she was a very nice girl. Loretta glanced at the pup, its little tail waggling, shaking its whole body, and then walked toward the gate, pushing it open to approach Terra.

It was then she remembered her head, and a nauseating ache swept through her. She bit her lip, and steadied her suddenly wobbly legs, pinching her eye shut for a moment, getting a grip on herself. I have to get this bandaged as soon as I can… she thought, before sighing and looking back up, cracking a smile at Terra.

Loretta opened her mouth to call out a greeting, to break the normal silence that existed between her and Terra, but instead of words, nothing came from her lips. She halted herself, brow furrowing, then tried again, to say something, this time louder, but she could not make herself speak. She drew in a quick breath, and tried to yell, anything, everything, just to make a sound, but again silence. She felt her heart give a lurch, and panic began to tear at her. I can’t talk! What is happening!? I can’t talk! she thought desperately, all calm washing away. Her hands moved to her throat, and she felt tears began to sting her eyes. What’s wrong with me!? What’s happened!? I’m not a mute! No! she wanted to scream, but it seemed she was doomed to nothing. A tear slipped down her cheek, and she sunk to her knees, nails digging into her throat. I can breathe...don’t panic...don’t…you’re all right! she told herself, looking up at Terra with a pleading gaze. Was this all just a nightmare? Had she never woken up this morning? How could she be a mute!?

Her head began to swim, and in a last try, she attempted to let out a piercing cry. Instead of her own voice, a high, loud, voice, an almost howl, came into her mind. She covered her ears, and began to sob. What’s wrong with me!? What’s wrong with me!?

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Volt and Jenny

Postby Dinode » Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Palisade National Park, Camp Watzmilion, Day 1, post-supernova

When Jenny and Volt arrived back at camp, they found Henry Wile, the man who had led the hike, waiting for them. They remembered that the last camper to come back late had been assigned by Wile dish washing for 2 days. Since the camp had a strict "no electric equipment except for emergencies" policy, there wasn't even running water, it all had to be got from the river. The two of them looked down at the ground as they walked up to him.

"Sorry we didn't keep up with the troop sir," said Jenny.

"You can apologize by doing all the garbage work after your "Becoming someone else" class. Speaking of which, it's starting any minute now, you need to be getting over there ASAP."

"Just one question? Do you know what that is?" She pointed to the second sun, now significantly faded.

"It's the supernova, the one that's been coming for a while now." He smirked. "And that Dr. Dreyman said it would cause a catastrophe. Now hurry up!"

With that Jenny and Volt dashed off towards the theatre.

When they got there she whispered, "Okay, now you go have some fun, just don't do anything super where people can see you."

Volt had a look around. He wanted to find out the extent of his new powers, and all the kids were at class. He was just about to see how fast he could go, when the 2 maintenance men came out of the building where they kept the emergency generator. They seemed tense, so Volt walked closer to hear what was going on.

"It's no use," said one. "That generator is as good as junk now. The supernova must have shorted it out, just like the buses."

"And all the phone lines," replied the second. "Not to mention the satellite connections. Think the boss will want to tell the kids?"

"No, there's nothing we can do until tomorrow anyway, no reason to worry them."

They then walked towards the office while Volt stayed and thought. Should he go tell Jenny this? No, he wasn't allowed into the classes, and anyway, he couldn't think of a way to get her away from the others so they could talk. It would have to wait till class was over. In the meantime, he had some powers to test! He trotted off to the woods.

------------------90 minutes later--------------------

Volt did test his powers. He found he could run as fast as a car, was strong enough to throw one (or at least a rock he guessed to weigh as much), and could toughen his body to withstand harm (he found that out when he accidentally ran full speed into that rock). That last one was most effective when he did it on just a section of his body such as his head, but could do it on all his body at once. However, whatever parts he toughened couldn't move. He also discovered the ability to shoot a green light from his eyes when he stared hard at something, such as a pretty flower (now burnt to a crisp). All he could see was green while the light blazed, but if he noted where things were he could aim the light and burn patterns without having to see while doing it. He stopped both because he had to stamp out a third potential wild fire, and because Jenny's class would be over soon. In fact, campers were just filing out when he got there. Jenny stepped out, saw Volt, smiled, and walked over to him.

"Class went great today, I got second place in the daily contest. The other girls in our cabin are going to take a swim before sundown, we can go there and talk."

Once they got there and sat down Volt told her all he had learned, starting with the downed electrical devices, and then telling her about his powers. After telling Volt not to use what she guessed was laser vision in the forest again so he didn't burn the woods down, they started discussing the supernova.

"Do you think that's what gave you your powers Volt?"

"It would make sense, that's when I got them."

"I wonder, have all the world's electricity suffered the same fate as it has here?"

"I don't know."

"I hope my mom is okay," said Jenny with a worried look on her face. "I think we need to go home."

"The camp leaders will make a plan tomorrow morning, they'll find a way to get everyone home, you'll see," reassured Volt. Since she still looked concerned, he reached up and licked her hand.

She smiled. "At least I've got my good boy with me," she said leaning down and kissing his forehead. "I think I hear the girls coming back now, stay quiet."

They did not speak to each other again until that night as they lay together in bed.

"Good night Jenny," Volt whispered.

"Good night Volt," answered Jenny.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 14, 2011 2:19 pm

— Day 1 —
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park
The Compound

Terra saw a person stumbling out of one of the damaged buildings. They were followed by a wolf pup, and they had a bad laceration on their head that needed attention. It was Loretta.

Terra saw the girl crack a weak smile, moving towards her, and then she opened her mouth to speak. But she couldn't seem to muster any words.

Shock? Terra was still gasping for breath herself when Loretta's eyes suddenly grew wide, and intense fear and confusion tore across the girl's face. She was opening and closing her mouth, drawing in huge lungfuls of air as if she couldn't breathe, and looking more and more distressed with every passing second. The only sound emitting from her shaking, convulsing form was harsh, strained breathing, a terrible noise further exacerbated by the fact that she was now hyperventilating.

She seemed to be having a panic attack.

Loretta's hands flew to her throat—and for a second, Terra was sure she was trying to strangle herself.

"Loretta!" Terra croaked, rushing over, prepared to wrench the girl's hands away from her throat, but then Loretta sank to the ground. She burst into soundless sobbing, and her hands released her throat to cover her ears instead, as if she were trying to block out some terrifying sound.

"It's all right, it's all right," Terra said over and over, trying not to panic herself as she knelt beside her. "Deep breaths. We're both alive. It's going to be okay. You've got to calm down while we treat that head wound, and then we've got to help Lui. . . Loretta? Loretta? What's wrong? Where is everyone?"
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Luisana Wolfe

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

— Day 1 —
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park
The Compound

Lui pushed the door to the kennel room open. She tried to steady her breathing, but she couldn't stop her hands from shaking. She was confused, afraid and in pain.

At the sight of her, the few wolf pups who slept in the kennels whined. She bent down to one of the larger ones and stuck her good hand through the chain-link gate. "It's okay...I hope..."

After comforting them each in turn, she stood to study the windows that had imploded. Shattered glass lay on the floor. She made a mental note to clean it up later.

Movement outside the window caught her eye and she looked up to see Loretta and Terra. More fear gripped her heart when she saw Loretta on the ground, with Terra standing over her.

With a gasp, she ran toward the door that led outside, grabbed the metal bar and pushed it open. The bright sun penetrated her eyes and she squinted against it. "Terra!" Lui ran up to the two girls and bent down to see what was wrong with Loretta.

She knew Terra would question her on how she got there, but she wouldn't be able to give an answer, so she pushed it from her mind and focused on Loretta, who looked to be very distressed.
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 15, 2011 6:29 pm

— Day 1 —
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park
The Compound

Terra looked at Lui in utter disbelief, and she was so shocked by her cousin's impossible reappearance that for a few moments, Loretta was forgotten.

". . . How?" She finally managed to squeak, staring at Lui as if she wondered if she were a ghost. "How did you get here so fast, Lui? I left you at the jeep ten minutes ago."

She glanced at Lui's carefully bandaged arm, which Terra knew had not been on her arm when she had left her at the jeep. Lui had to have been here for five minutes at least. But there was no way Lui could have beaten her back to the compound, not without Terra seeing her.

Did I black out when I was running back? Did I lose some time somewhere along the way? Terra thought, but one glance at the sun's location told her it wasn't so.

It was then that Terra noticed that Lui's eyes, which had been brown for twenty-four years, were now a piercing, greenish gold. . . and when she opened her mouth to speak, a pair of elongated canine teeth flashed in the midday sun.

Something very weird was going on.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Luisana Wolfe

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jun 15, 2011 6:48 pm

— Day 1 —
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park
The Compound

Lui looked at Terra, shaking her head, her usually brown eyes glinting yellow in the sunshine. "I don't know. I can't..." She shook her head again. "I don't know."

"There's something very weird going on, Terra..." Lui lifted Loretta to a sitting position, wincing as she used her wrist. "I'm not even sure if it's all happening."

Her sharp teeth had touched her tongue several times when she spoke. She knew she would have to get used to them,and so would the others...if it wasn't all just a dream.

"Loretta." Lui said, looking the girl in the eyes. "What's wrong? What happened?"
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

— Day 1, Evening —
Palisade National Park
Near Parksville, Erbaine

It was an introspective Dan Baxter who sat before his tent that night. The day's events were still heavy on his mind, though he had no idea of how widespread the damage to the power grid was, or what other consequences the supernova might have brought.

His wife and daughter slept safely just behind him, and he was alone. Now that the fire was out, he could appreciate the splendor of the night sky above.

He'd often viewed the stars from this campground, but never had they seemed so bright, so glorious. Suddenly he realized this was at least partially due to the lack of lights from Parksville down below - along with who knew how many other cities and towns across the nation.

What was going on down there? Did chaos, crime and looting run amok? Or were people hiding in their darkened homes, waiting for repairs that might never come?

-----
— Day 1, Evening —
Parksville, Erbaine

Those same stars shone over Parksville, their glory diminished not by city lights but by the smoke and haze from the fires which had damaged parts of the city. In the Baxters' neighborhood, things were surprisingly calm, considering how much of it lay in ashes. Many of the residents had begun making their way toward the city-operated shelter in the nearby school where both Angela Baxter and Brandon Norwood had worked - at least until the supernova had turned the world upside down.

Brandon and his wife Gina were on the edge of the group, each holding tightly onto their young daughters' hands lest they become separated. They tried to make it an adventure for their girls, like a sleepover, but with limited success.

Suddenly Ivy let out an anguished yelp, and began limping along. Immediately Brandon picked her up and led his family to a nearby transit station, where they could sit down and see what was the matter.

His eyes widened as he gently removed her shoe and saw her foot nearly covered with blood. With Gina's help he quickly determined that the girl had stepped on a piece of metal, small but very sharp, and despite all the blood the wound was actually quite small. It was deep, however, and disease such as tetanus was the biggest concern. His eyes met Gina's; each understanding though no words were spoken. Ordinarily this would be a routine matter: pop Ivy on down to the doctor, who would examine, cleanse, and bandage her foot, and offer any immunizations needed. But now this was no longer an option; infection - and more serious consequences - were very real possibilities.

Ivy continued to whimper in his arms as Gina did what she could to comfort her and clean her injury. Holly, full of anguish for her twin, suddenly stepped close and hugged her as tightly as she dared.

Now Holly and Ivy weren't exactly angels; they had their fair share of arguments and fought as any siblings might. But at the end of the day they were always the best of friends, sharing that close, loving bond many twins had. So Holly's eagerness to hold and hug her sister was hardly a surprise.

What happened next, however, was. *Something* happened, Brandon was sure; he could feel it. But just what it was, he had no idea. He was ready to dismiss it as imaginary when Ivy suddenly smiled and said, "I feel all better."

She hopped down and, without another word, put the damaged shoe back on her injured foot. But as she did so, even in the fading light, her parents saw that the wound was completely gone. Even the blood which had covered much of Ivy's foot had vanished.

Brandon spent precious seconds trying to decide if what he'd seen was real. Somehow, inexplicably, Holly had apparently healed her sister, all without benefit of any medical equipment or training. What was going on here?

But while he was evaluating possible explanations for this, Gina had no such hesitation. She crouched down before her daughter and whispered, "Holly, honey, what did you just do?"

"Am I in trouble?" came a tiny, trembling voice.

"Oh, no, sweetheart, not at all," Gina reassured. "But it looks like you've helped Ivy feel better. Can you tell me how you did that?"

"I can't." Holly was looking down toward the ground. "I just wanted her to feel better, to not hurt any more, and that's what happened."

"This is so neat!" Ivy exclaimed. "Wait till we tell the kids at school!"

Brandon finally found his voice. "Girls, how about if we could keep it a family secret, just for now?"

"Aw, Daddy," chorused a pair of disappointed little twins.

"Just for now, okay? If the wrong people found out about this, they might try to find out how you do it, with doctors and everything."

This was enough to convince Holly to keep quiet, as she was afraid of doctors and needles and such. Brandon felt a bit underhanded manipulating her this way, but felt it was for the best. He was hesitant to share his deepest fear, that there were those who would not hesitate to take Holly away from her family if they wanted to study her in private. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, or the few," was how they put it.

Right or wrong, however, Brandon knew he and Gina agreed on one fact: their family was better together than apart; the best place for Holly was with her parents and sister. This would stay their secret.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jun 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Day One
Burg
O'Neal's Shoe Store

Bob was ushered out of the store in a hurry and sent home, with some rough, sketchy explanation that he should have been off of work anyway, he probably needed a rest, etc., etc. Bob felt...different all of the way home. It felt like he was alive with energy, or at least that was the best he could do to try to describe it. As soon as he got home, however, the feeling left him and he collapsed into bed, suddenly exhausted.

Maybe I do need a rest... he thought before passing into a deep slumber.
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Lewis Dreyman, Judicia

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm

-Day 1-
Judicia, Erbaine
Post Supernova

Lewis went to get the med kit, his expression filled with a strong resolve. "No, there won't be anything more-- at least, not anything major." He moved with certainty, no hesitation about him or in his voice now. "We'll have to do without major technology, electricity, gas, all that-- for a long time, though. Perhaps forever."

He leaned over Liam, opening the kit. "What happened to your hands? Glass? Metal?" He began rubbing peroxide into them with a pad and trying to get any dirt off, and with his other hand he pulled out some gauze. "Do they hurt?"
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Sonny » Jun 20, 2011 9:30 am

-Day 1-
Judicia, Erbaine
About 2 blocks from the University
Post Supernova

Something in 24-year-old Sean's head itched. Something nagging at his unconscious, subconscious mind. Something telling him to wake up - telling him something was very wrong.

The itch got worse, more frantic. Sean moaned and moved, but didn't wake up. His head seemed filled with emotions, fighting with one another, desperate to tell him something, but not sure what to actually say.

Suddenly Sean gasped and sat up, panting. "Sean! oh, Sean!" cried out his 16-year-old sister Emma, who was kneeling beside him. "What happened, Sean?" she asked.

Sean looked around. The windows in the house were all blown in, and the china cupboard had fallen over. He groaned. "What a mess," was all he could think to say.

Suddenly he stiffened. He seemed to feel Emma roll her eyes at his obvious comment, though he wasn't looking at her. He quickly looked into her eyes, and somehow they understood that there was a sort of connection between the two. What's going on? though Sean.

I don't know! I'm scared! he heard Emma reply in his head.

"Oh my, oh my," said Sean as he scrambled to his feet. "Oh my. I can hear you in my head!"

Emma stood up too, looking very scared. "I know, I can hear you too! You are wondering if I'm hurt. I'm fine."

The two stared at each other for a few minutes, carrying on a telepathic conversation without exactly realizing it. I can think faster than I can talk, commented Sean.

Emma giggled slightly. This is so cool! Now we can share secrets without anyone hearing us!

Secrets like what?

Emma shrugged. I don't know. Suddenly she ran towards Sean, threw her arms around him, and started sobbing.

Sean stroked her long red hair, trying to calm her, while nearly panicking himself. The novelty of their telepathic link had momentarily outranked the tragedy in which they now stood, their house a wreck. Neither one of them could remember anything from the last several days.

Suddenly they both turned toward the east window. They both felt it - a tiny voice calling to their minds. Small, yet frantic. More of a feeling, a call for help. "Ryan!" they exclaimed at the same time. ""The University!" Sean said, and the two of them ran outside into the destruction in the streets, heading toward the University where their older brother was a physics professor.

"I can't hear his words," commented Emma as they ran through the crowded streets, pushing past mobs of confused people. "Just his emotions." As they arrived on the University campus, one thought from Ryan flooded their minds: Supernova.
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Day 1: Aridia
de Mon Castle Grounds

"I'm sure we will..." Christopher said with his usual polite smile as he watched Candi depart. After a few moments, the bounty hunter picked up his bottle of drink and headed back to his post at the front gates.

Day 2: Burg
Lawrence Manor

"Mr. Lawrence? Mr. Lawrence??" After only getting grunts and a half hearted punch (in the wrong direction), Jennings took matters into his own hands. Once the large curtains were opened and the suns rays hit Malcom in the face, the part time vigilante finally awoke.

"Alright! Alright! I'm up... Can't you let a guy sleep a long night off?" Malcom asked with a yawn and a stretch as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"You're the one who wanted to be the vigilante, sir. It would be wise to get accustomed to it's downsides as well as it's perks..." Jennings replied as he set the breakfast tray on the dresser. "Besides, it's 1:00 in the afternoon and there are four men downstairs waiting to speak with you."

"What? Who would want to see me now??" Lawrence questioned his friend in-between a mouth full of toast and a swig of orange juice.

"Government Men or military, I believe, sir. I shall show them to the sitting room now." The butler said in a nonchalant tone as he existed the room. "Oh yes, which type of drink do you want served?" Jennings asked, sticking his head back into Lawrence's chambers.

"... Umm, whatever our guests would like." Malcom replied as he tried tying his housecoat while also finishing his toast.

"Very well, sir..." Jenning's said with a smile as he closed the bedroom door behind him.

Day 2: Burg
The Outskirts of the Civilian District

It had taken two weeks longer than she had planned, but she was finally here: Burg, the industrial capitol of the North West. Gee, looks like this place got hit pretty hard.... Selena thought as she made her way through the streets, trying to stay out of the way of the relief workers and cops/military.

Selena had been slowly making her way to Burg for the last year... or was that the last six months? Time seemed to be blurring together for redhead as of late... Either way, it had been a dream of Selena's to make it to the industrial city and see it's skyscrapers and factories. Now that she was here, the city didn't hold any of the splendor she was expecting.

Well, I have caught it at an awkward moment... Selena thought morbidly as she examined an old diner down a side street. "Ah! Water at last!" she exclaimed as she approached the sink in what used to be the diners kitchen.

After trying the faucet nobs with no success, Selena extended her hand over the faucet and closed her eyes. After some gurgling sounds in the pipes, fresh water poured out of the faucet and collected in a floating ball under Selena's hand. After quickly looking around to make sure no one was watching, Selena lifted the water orb to her mouth and drank the cool liquid.

"I still say that is one cool power..." the red haired girl said as he wiped her mouth with her jacket sleeve and departed the diner.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Tripp Currington/Madison Wentworth/Vange Moore

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jun 21, 2011 5:51 am

Supernova
— Day 1 —
Brink City, Erbaine
(Inside an elevator)

The elevator was hot. Both Tripp and Madison were sweating, but there was nothing they could do about it.

"Hurry, Tripp..." Madison whimpered below him.

Tripp exhaled as he continued working at the screws. "Almost done, Madi."

One more screw fell to the ground and Tripp slid the grate over with grating sound. The passage was dark, but it was lighter than inside the elevator. He jumped down and said, "Ladies first." If there was light, Madison would see that he was grinning with relief.

Madison nodded, picking up her bags. "Are those really necessary?" Tripp asked.

"Well, you want me to leave them here? I paid good money for these!" Madison said, shoving the bags into Tripp's stomach. He grabbed ahold of them and worked on tossing them through the opening.

It took him some time, but he finally got Madison high enough to reach the grate and heft herself up, with his help. It took a few tries to get himself up there too.

Once they were both up, Tripp looked around. "Look...I don't really know how to get out of an elevator shaft..."

Madison turned to glare at him. "What? You went through months of training, Tripp! That's why my father appointed you!"

"That doesn't mean I'm Superman, Madi." Tripp said, removing his top dress shirt. He tossed it aside and pulled on the front of his white t-shirt, hoping to get some air and cool off. "What I was trying to say is that it's just gonna take some time. So sit tight..."

Madison rolled her eyes and sat down on top of the elevator, pulling her shopping bags toward her. She tapped her toes as she waited.

~~~

Supernova
Day 1
Arida, Arenico

Cars lined the street and Evangeline would have loved to use one of them, but it would take too long to hotwire and who knew if they even worked anymore. The limousine's engine was fried; she assumed these would be too.

Her bare feet ached from the small pieces of rubble that littered the sidewalk, not to mention the intense heat that blazed from the concrete slabs. She was sweating and breathing heavily, but she kept running. Her years of training taught her endurance and strength, both of which she leaned on often.

She had to get hidden and wait out the current "storm" until she could figure out her next course of direction.

Vange looked up at the street sign, slowing for just a few seconds to catch her breath. Her tight, black dress started to feel constricting. She couldn't wait until she could get out of it, but that probably wouldn't be any time soon.

She took a right at the corner and ran till she arrived at her destination. The gate of de Mon Castle stood like a centurion, guarding the villa homes inside.

Vange crossed her arms as she observed the front gate. Her jaw dropped open as she beheld no one else but Christopher Howard standing by the gate.
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm

-Day 1-
Parksville, Erbaine
Palisade National Park, Wolf Rehabilitation Center

Loretta repeatedly shook her head, gasping and crying, unable to tell them what was wrong. She covered her mouth with her hands, hot tears spilling down onto her skin. She was mute. She couldn’t speak. She couldn’t communicate with them. She couldn’t stop the rapid breaths that came from her mouth.
She looked into Lui’s eyes for a moment, pleading her to know what happened. The aching in her head returned harder than ever, and she bent down to the ground, clutching her head with her arms, trying to swallow the panic in her heart. I’m mute….I can’t talk to them…what’s happened to me!? My voice….I can’t make any sounds! she would have whimpered if she could, but only her desperate breaths could be heard coming from her lips.

-Day 2-
After Supernvoa
Arenico, Arida

Catherine swept up the last few pieces of glass, dumping them with a clatter into a paper bag. The oak floor of her little home looked much better without the pieces of shattered windows and china scattered about on it. She sighed, plopping down on a chair, hooking a few strands of loose hair behind her ears. Such a long two days it had been, and her feet ached from being upon them steadily for the 48 our period.

When she had returned home from the hospital, the day previous, she had begun the cleaning up of all the glass, and knocked over items. It appeared the wind and mass wave of energy had not done only centralized damage. From what she had seen, walking home, since her vehicles battery had gone dead, that most homes and shops had suffered at least a little from the Supernova. She was still trying to wrap her mind around that. A Supernova. It was a thing she remembered studying about, somewhat in school, and hearing about briefly on the news. Some professor had been lecturing on the fact that one of these would occur soon. Few believed…she wondered why the government had not prepared them all better.

With another sigh, she stood, grabbing the sack and setting it near the pile of other things she had picked up and collected. Though, since the Supernova, she had noticed some strange things. And the extraordinary event of Doctor Arthur, using no modern equipment and almost no light, sewing up an open surgical wound, had convinced her somewhat that the strange cosmic event might have had an effect on humans. She glanced about, wondering what to do now. Her heart tugged, and she glanced at the door. What if there were injured people in the city? She had completed the task she had set out to do in her own house….she was only a nurse, but perhaps she should check on her neighbors.

Redoing her messy bun, she went out on her patio, where she had temporarily set her purse, small nursing bag, and her coat. As she turned to go back in, a movement, from the corner, caught her attention. She gasped and turned, as a broad shoulder man approached. Clad in black suit, with sunglasses obscuring his eyes, he towered above her.

“Miss Catherine?”

“Yes?” she asked, trying to keep her voice from quavering. How had he gotten here!? Who was he!? How did he know her?

“Come with me, please. The government has need of your nursing skills in the after math of the Supernova.” His large hand reached out to take her arm, but she stepped back.

“What are you talking about? Why would the government have need of my skills!?” she glanced toward the door, swallowing down a lump of panic in her throat. “I don’t think I want to go with you. Please leave.”

“I’m sorry. But that is not an option.”

Before Catherine could run, she felt his iron grip on her upper arm. It pulled her back toward him, and she tried to scream, but found her mouth covered with a cloth. Its smell was unmistakable, and she tried to struggle free, but was too late. Her form slumped into his arms as the drug took effect.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext