This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: HAPPY MOD APPRECIATION DAY!!!

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

To all Mods:

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys. You make NarniaWeb (what I consider to be a sort of home) safe from all the chaos and creepers and fights one normally comes across on other sites. If it weren't for you, NarniaWeb wouldn't be the loving place it is today.

And what's more, you accomplish this while always remaining loving, friendly, non-condescending, gentle, but firm. I respect you. But I can also talk to you like a friend and equal. And that's one of the things that has always amazed me about this site.

On most other sites, the mods are either meek or inactive, and their boards are overtaken by rulebreakers and trolls. And in contrast, I once belonged to a site where the mods were so fierce about the rules, I was constantly afraid whenever I made a post, because the slightest thing would set them off and they could kick me off the site. And even when they weren't getting after you about a rule, no one was allowed to talk to them. Because they were the mods. And I was just a little, unimportant regular member.

But it's not so on this site, and that's one of the main things that drew me to this place. Many of the mods here are some of my best friends. And when I break a rule by accident, they are always quick to send me a loving PM as a reminder, politely asking me to fix my mistake.

Great job! You make this place the only site I've seen that is the way a site should be! I love you guys! :ymhug:

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 15, 2011 2:04 pm

This was a very nice surprise. :D I had a pretty bad start to my day so it was really nice to discover that it was mod day. I absolutely love the graphics Dot. You all are so sweet :ymhug: and sneaky. The videos and graphics in this thread and the comments ... everything is so wonderful. :)
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby georgiefan1 » Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm

HAPPY MOD DAY!!!!!!!!

thank you so much all the mods for everything you do. I can't imagine how much work you all do. And I think every Narniawebber strives to get that lovely blue attached to thier name(I know I want it :p ) thank you for all that you do

A few random personal thanks

Kate- you welcomed me on this site my first day, after 3 years I havent forgotten, thank you :)

johobbit- when I made my first stupid mistake on Nweb, you told me what I did wrong (and I was actually very scared, which resulted me not coming on for a few days :p ) but your kindness truly showed me the amazingness of the mods

Lady_Arwen- you live 30 minutes from me and we call eachother neighbors :p
You are so nice and funny in chat and I love talking to you :)

and to every other mod who has helped me when I have become to blonde or puts up with me in the chatroom- thank you :)

THANK YOU AGAIN ALL MODS!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby outlier » Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Happy Mod Appreciation Day! :ymhug: you guys are amazing and I'm so thankful for everything you guys do around here... stay awesome B-)

(hehe i just one-upped those cookies ;) ;)) )

Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Jun 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Hello, Dear Moderators! :D

So... I had multiple things planned, but those plans were thwarted by my unnaturally long state of suspended animation (I woke up after almost all of the previous posts were posted. *slaps self*)...

:P

Anagrams for "Moderator":

ad or rot me
am do er ort
ode to a ram

(take out two letters, and you can get "Tea room" and "doormat" :P)

yeah... the anagram solver spewed /mostly/ gibberish.

But thanks for all your hard work, Mods! you guys are awesome. :P
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Happy Mod-Day to all moderators all around the world! Keep moderating NarniaWeb like you have! We appreciate it! :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Happy Mod Appreciation Day! :ymapplause: You guys are awesome! B-) Thanks for everything you do. :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Eowyn of Lantern_Waste » Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

To all Moderators on Narniaweb,

Thank you so much for keeping Narniaweb such a great site :) Thanks for all your hard work and dedication - we all really appreciate it!!!

I'm sorry I don't have a lovely avatar and sig. like the others - mine is a bit boring! However, I appreciate all you do very much.

I would like to especially thank Fantasia Kitty (the first one to welcome me when I joined Narniaweb last August). Thanks so much for all the fine work you do here.

May God Bless and keep all of you in His care always,

Eowyn (Rachael)
Do you love "The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes?
If so you might like to see my sister's dramatization of this poem through her photography!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/nessa101/art/7093218-the-highway-man#
Eowyn of Lantern_Waste
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Jun 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Sonny wrote:Thanks to all the mods who make this place work! Special thanks to the following 3 mods:

Stargazer
Starkat
Sweeetlilgurlie

Thanks!!! It has been a good time, especially writing with you. :)

I have greatly enjoyed writing with you as well!

Thank you everyone so much! I love the video and the notes! And all the cake and cookies! This has made my day. :D

Is that a pazookie outlier? Whatever it is looks yummy!
starkat

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Wow... I have no idea what to say.

I stumbled across this thread earlier this morning, and I must say, it made me a bit teary-eyed. ;)) It made my day so much better. What can I say that hasn't been said?

You NWebbers are some of the most friendly, caring people on the planet. I say that from the bottom of my heart. You have given me faith that the internet isn't all bad. ;)) I'm so blessed by you guys. I sincerely mean that!

It's my privilege to be a moderator here on NarniaWeb. Thanks for making my job so special. :)

*noms the cookies*

I think y'all should post your graphics for each moderator in this thread - just in case there are some mods that weren't able to get on, and for posterity's sake. :D I love all of the sigs/avies, by the way - especially Philip and Growlie. ;))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 15, 2011 6:15 pm

*wanders in*

Hmm, Mod Appreciation day, eh? Well then.....

THANK YOU MODS! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ ;) :D :ymhug: :ymhug:

You guys (and girls) are some of the best moderators on the web. From the small amount of other web forums I've visited, this is by far the best. :D And even though that is partly the result of having great members, it's even more thanks to the amazing set of Mod's that keep NW safe, fun and overall just a fantastic site.

Y'all help to make NW "click" and keep it running smoothly. To slightly re-word a famous line: "A great forum is only as good as the Mod's behind it." ;)

So, here's to you, the amazing set of Mods that not only are the best regulators of any forum but also the best people of any forum. *raises his glass of rootbeer in a toast*

And here's to many more! Cheers! :)
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:What you see above is about the extent of my abilities with graphics, but the amazingly talented lover of narnia made my avatar and signature. I think I'll add them to the post, too, so they don't "disappear at midnight." ;))

MountainFireflower wrote:I think y'all should post your graphics for each moderator in this thread - just in case there are some mods that weren't able to get on, and for posterity's sake. :D I love all of the sigs/avies, by the way - especially Philip and Growlie. ;))

Good thinking. :D I shall do that right now...

There you go, Mountie! Oh, and here's the set I made for Ramagut that Libby's been using:

Anyway, I hope you all have enjoyed this! :D Big thanks to Elanor and narnianerd for organizing it all. :ymapplause:
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jun 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Good idea, MountainFireFlower. :)

johobbit: Yes, I was playing it. I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;)
flambeau: It was inspired by both The Lord of the Rings and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader credits, yes. :)

Image Image
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Courage » Jun 15, 2011 8:08 pm

I seriously love how shocked y'all are... :)) Three cheers for Elanor and narnianerd for organizing this! Aren't you mods glad we're good? What with the super ninja skills of Ela and Joe, we could get into ALL kinds of trouble. :ymdevil:

johobbit wrote:Lady Courage, I appreciate the sentiment "NARNIA WEB IS NOTHING WITHOUT Y'ALL!" but honestly, if it weren't for you members, we'd be bored stiff and out of a job. :)) Seriously, and for those of you who missed this, you folk are amazing! :ymhug: Thank you for your gracious words, Lady!

Ah well, you know how it is; good leadership translates to good citizens. :D So thank you!! But I'm still right. :P :ymhug:

flambeau wrote:Elsie, I love the graphics, but then you knew I would, didn't you? :P ;) Thank you for your totally amazing and epic post!! Despite declaring that you didn't know how to say it, I think you said it beautifully! I was grinning like a fool! :D

:)) You were!?! AWESOME! I love making you do that. But you didn't get a pic this time either, I assume? :P And yes, I did know you'd love the graphics. *snicker*

MountainFireflower wrote:I think y'all should post your graphics for each moderator in this thread - just in case there are some mods that weren't able to get on, and for posterity's sake. :D I love all of the sigs/avies, by the way - especially Philip and Growlie. ;))

Oooh, great idea Miff!!

Image Image

Again, I'm so pleasantly smug you mods were surprised (and delighted)! This is better than a practical joke... :))
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Jun 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Wow, guys, seriously, THANKS. :D Between reading this thread, and reading the several PMs that trickled in and that I was able to read during my breaks at work, it' sbeen such a lovely surprise! :D :ymhug:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Again, thank you Mods for all you've done. :) To show my appreciation, I made you all some graphics.

First off, here's the set I made in honor of Johobbit.

Image Image

And some wallies for all the mods I've gotten to know over the (Almost) year I've been here. (Note: Princess Anna, I wanted to make yours extra-special, but none of the pictures or colors were working out right. So I'm sorry if the wallie I made for you looks a little plain. But the poem in it, I wrote myself, from the heart. :ymhug: )

Princess Anna: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Johobbit: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Shadowlander: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Bookwyrm: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Ramagut: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Flambeau: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... ambeau.png
Djaq: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... orDjaq.png
DiGoRy KiRkE: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Sweeetlilgurlie: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
LadyArwen: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
Rising_Star: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... Wallie.png
MountainFireFlower: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... ountie.png

I wanted to make one for all of you, but unfortunately, I didn't know what all of you would like, what your interests were, etc. So I hope it will suffice for me to just honestly tell you: I love and appreciate you all!!!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext