This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: What does Jill look like to you?

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 24, 2011 12:40 pm

I like the hair getting longer idea (like Susan and Lucy in LWW), but I personally don't like her hair changing it's body-type or her eyes changing color, because they are not realistic. Actually, someone could have a lot of body in their hair when it's short, and then when it's long it straightens, but not the other way around (the weight pulls out the curl/wave/body). Also, peoples' eyes may change color slightly over years, or from slate-blue as a baby to whatever color as an older baby/child/adult, but the hazel to blue would really bother me and make Jill seem freaky and...magical or something.

My opinions. :)

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah i agree Lucy of Narnia. I like the idea that perhaps her hair may change slightly or become 'darker' (Not really but just light differently or something, but not an obvious change because i don't know why that would happen.) Lights in films often change peoples features and make thinks look a defferent colour, but hazel to blue would just be odd because they arn't even similar colours. Jill may also look prettyer in Narnia and more uptight and well kept in England because although she strikes me as a slight tomboy who may not worry about general appearence, she does seem to have an opinion of other appearences. But in Narnia I reckon she may "let her hair down" a bit, like Eustace did after the Undragoning in VDT. Not so much as you can relate the change conciously, but just as a sub concious note.
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 24, 2011 3:29 pm

^Yeah, we want sub-conscious, not 'Oh, wow, Jill finally undid the massive French hairstyle that she wore in England' or anything. ;))

I took it from the book that Jill looks to keep clean and tidy, at least to some extent (so calls the enchanted Rilian a 'selfish, self-centred pig' because he didn't show them where they could wash-up before they ate. And it isn't just because she wanted un-germy hands for eating, because she proceeds to wash her face. Thus, I suppose she is not all too happy when she is dirty, grimy, etc. I thinks she should be this way in England and in Narnia.

As far as changes, I would like something like perhaps a tight braid in England, and then loose waves in Narnia? That would work because in a braid, if Jill has wavy hair we would not see that except for at the ends. And it does make perfect sense to pull your hair out of a braid and for it to be wavy, at least for a little while. ;) Seriously though, I would like for the prettiness of the curl/wave whatever (majority of people say that her hair should have some 'body', one way or the other) hidden while in England, and then be revealed in Narnia. If that doesn't happen I wouldn't mind, though- just an idea. Plus it could grow longer throughout the movie, and Jill could be more and more 'free' with it. Like maybe she still pulls it up somewhat or braids it loosely, but by the end of the movie her beautiful waves/curls/whatever flow free and uninhibited, framing her lovely face.

Thoughts? :)

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby i love w.a.s.g » Mar 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I always imagined Jill like a girl who has straight, shoulder height dirty blond hair with bangs and brown eyes. And when I saw Jill on BCC's TV miniseries, I realized that how she looks like my imagination about her.

Avatar by lover of narnia | Signature by me
i love w.a.s.g
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 06, 2011 11:00 am

Lu I like the idea of the braid and then showing how it is wavy in Narnia... I just thought of having Jill learn archery in SC? any idea's for that? :D
WILL POULTER IS EUSTACE club!

sincerely NAH ( Narnian At Heart)
Narnia a world were you and I belong
NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Jill » Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am

I love the idea of wavy hair, definitely the way ahead, a bit blowy looking if you know what I mean.

Ideas about archery, elaborate, do you mean the actress learning or scenes showing Jill learning or what?
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 07, 2011 8:57 am

like PuddleGlum and Eustace teaching her...alot of people say it is a dark movie and I think it could bring some fun into the movie...she could start out terrible and slowly get better...and it could also show that she is still trying to show off somewhat

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Apr 07, 2011 5:09 pm

That could be a good idea NarnianatHeart. That would be interesting. Are you saying Jill should be learning at school or in Narnia?
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Jill » Apr 08, 2011 6:18 am

Does Eustace know how to shoot? But yes I think she should learn and humour is very important. Hopefully she'll be cured of her showing off by a little failure, that kind of lesson is often best learnt the hard way!
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 08, 2011 9:31 am

well in the book it said he could....but they didn't show anything like that in the movie :-\

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Postby MountainFireflower » Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Mod note: The title of this thread has now been changed, from "What does Jill look like to you?" to "Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal." The mods decided that the change would be best so that the discussion would not be limited only to Jill's appearance, but to the other aspects of her character as well. :)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lu_valient » Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm

a very long list of people who look like good jill pole's-
Me(american)http://community.webshots.com/album/579911855uFaFnJ!
lorna fitzergerald(i actually know someone else with the name lorna)(british), madeline carroll(i know she's american),
madison davenport(yes, another american),
emily rose everhard(yes, another american, she was funny in the tv show cake when she was little),
Laoise Murray(irish),
Ella Purnell(british),
sophie turner looks good(english),
Hailee Steinfeld(american),
abigail breslin(american),
Stefanie Scott(american),
rachel g. fox(american),
Shannon Flynn(british),
Naelee Rae(canadian),
mary mouser(american),
charlotterose(english)
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jun 11, 2011 5:59 pm

That is quite a long list....
HELLO!!! I'm Jill_Pole and I am very new to this thread :)
I haven't read all the other 35 pages so please excuse me if I repeat anything.

From what I have gotten from this "changing" idea whilst she is in Narnia: prehaps in England her hair is very structured like a solid plait, but when she comes into Narnia it gradually becomes more natural?

thoughts?
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Jun 11, 2011 7:07 pm

What do you mean by a solid plait? I like the idea that Jill could either start out with her hair in some sort of braid or in a headband like in the book, and if she had the braid she could slowly let it down and wear it more natural. I also think she could have the Dryad that takes care of her in the castle do her hair in a narnian style that she could wear for awile.

any thought? ;)

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby CharlotteRose » Jun 11, 2011 11:56 pm

I think that a 'solid plait' is one thats tied very tight and there are no stray hairs or anything. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Agreed JillPoleWannabe123, about the hair and the actress. She can be as perfect as anything in appearence but if shes a bad actress it will bring the whole film down :-s
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jun 12, 2011 3:15 am

I have no idea what a solid plait it, believe me :)
I think, just as Charlotte said, no loose hairs and when she enters Narnia little hairs start to escape so by the time she lands in Narnia, after being "blown" by Aslan, she has quite alot of hair loose..
Then I would like a bit where Jill is just wearing an off white underdress that would go under a coloured dress a Dryad has her hair a certain way, and Jill half blurts out that it looks beautiful and then the next time you see her when she is reunited with Eustace (prehaps at a dinner or something) she has the same hair
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext