This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

MouseHunt Two!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

MouseHunt Two!

Postby starkat » Jun 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Come one come all to the newest home of the NarniaWeb MouseHunt players. Make sure you bring plenty of cheese and arm your traps!

Feel free to ask questions, talk about any aspect of the game and pester long term players for their secrets!

For those who may stumble across this thread going "MouseHunt?? What's that?" MouseHunt is a game on Facebook that is played by arming a trap with a base and various types of cheeses to catch mice. It is a passive game that you play by blowing the horn every 15 minutes. You access more areas as you go further on up in the game and have access to various mice of various difficulty levels.

The original MH thread here on the forum - http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2086

MH Links:

http://apps.facebook.com/mousehunt

http://www.mousehuntgame.com
starkat

Re: MouseHunt Two!

Postby EtJ » Jun 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Ooh, kicking off a new thread!! Well, it's been awhile since I posted here, and the reason for that is that I haven't been doing that spectacularly. I'm currently in the Mousoleum earning money, and I'm closer to 1 million than I have ever been. I've been having mice steal from me, too, and just not catching some. I did, however, get a Vampire or two.

So, the bottom line is that now I've switched to the Laboratory. Hopefully I'll do pretty well there.
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby fantasia » Jun 12, 2011 5:56 am

Since we're starting off a new thread, I wanted to go ahead and list out my achievements thus far as a fun way to look back and see how far I've come. :)

As of right now, there are 289 mice in the game and I have all of them (Muridae Market is the most recent addition).
There are 47 Event mice in the game and of those, I have 45. Missing the High Roller and the Leprechaun.

My two best traps are the Sandstorm Monstrobot and Sphynx Wrath, and I hope to add the Oasis to my collection soon as well. :)

My best bases are the Magma Base and Spellbook Base, but there are rumors that the recently added Papyrus Base will be upgraded to be better than the Magma.

My new favorite mouse in the game is the Desert Architect because it reminds me of me. LOL As well as being pretty cute. ;)

Oh, and finally, as of this morning, I built the Cartographer in the Muridae Market and purchased the map piece for the Living Garden that isn't open yet. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnian_at_heart » Jun 12, 2011 8:38 am

Well, I'm still in the Mousoleum. I only have six Radioactive Blue Cheese left so I'm going to have to go back to the Laboratory to get more. I'm at 75% on my way to Grandmaster and I have to be a Grandmaster before I can access the Training Grounds.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Breeds Caught: 120 / 289
Event Breeds Caught: 19

Hunting Since: Jan 03, 2011
Hunter's Title: Hero (14 % )
Gold: 435,517

Horn Calls: 2947
Region: Bristle Woods

Trap Power: 2613
Total Luck: 5
Weapon: Obelisk of Incineration
Base: Dehydration Base
Bait: 256 pieces of Radioactive Blue
Charm: None
Mice Caught: 3706

I'm on the homestretch now :ymdevil:
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby EtJ » Jun 13, 2011 7:25 am

Woot woot!!! I reached my goal of over 1M gold!! I guess I still have to buy Platinum, though.... I suppose I should save well over 1M in order to cover that cost. At any rate, doesn't look like they're available in the Lab...
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby fantasia » Jun 13, 2011 7:59 am

Way to go EtJ!!! :D Yeah, the Tiny Platinum Bars can only be purchased in the Training Grounds' General Store. :) So after you craft your Double Diamond Adventure Trap, what are you going to do next? ;)) You've been working on that thing for forever!

So this weekend, my husband bought the Dimensional Chest Trap from the Muridae Market. That might officially be the weirdest trap I have seen in this game. The Wiki doesn't have a picture of it yet, and I couldn't find one online either, so I took a screenshot. Picture here.

So today the devs have brought back the Monday Mystery Mouse. I haven't seen one of these mini-events in a while, but they're pretty cool cause if you catch a mystery mouse, they drop SB+. Kat just IMed me to tell me of one in the Muridae Market so I've headed back over there for now to see if I can get one too. :) And I've picked up my Living Garden map piece too. :D

ETA: They updated the Catch Rate Estimates page back onto Furoma.com!! :D Including their attraction estimates. I missed this feature so much. Cool! Can't wait to play around with it.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Jun 13, 2011 9:26 am

YES!!!! I finally got the charm shoppe rebuilt! I stocked up on charms and headed back to the warpath. I hope the monger charm makes a major difference in my lack of loot drops lately. I only bought one because it requires 60 flameshards to buy 1. I figured I'd pick them up one at a time.
starkat

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Goodness! A new thread already! This must be one of the fastest-moving topics in all of Narniaweb.

I'm still farming peppers and saving money for my Gorgon. I'm getting to the point where I'm really close to having enough money but not there yet so I'm feeling kind of impatient. :p I took a little break to catch a Mystery Mouse. So far no luck.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 14, 2011 9:36 am

I didn't take part in the mystery mouse weekend, because I really didn't have the time or health yesterday ;)). I'm within 300K gold. I am going to need some more cheese before too long and so my gold is going to go down, but I should have the trap within one week.

I'm surprised that this thread reached 100 pages so quickly. . . this is definitely the fastest moving thread in SO (if not on all NarniaWeb ;)) ). To those of you who haven't played yet. . . JOIN US! JOIN US! JOIN US!!!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby fantasia » Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

I did try to take part in the mystery mouse monday event but I never caught the Desert Nomad. That's ok though because I got a lot of supplies towards my Trapsmith, the last building I have to build in the Market. :)

But I'm back in the Warpath again and just rocked Wave 2 by catching a Commander on a 7 streak. :D I'm about done with the Scouts and heading onto the Archers shortly. ;)

dotK wrote:Goodness! A new thread already! This must be one of the fastest-moving topics in all of Narniaweb.

DiGs wrote:. . . this is definitely the fastest moving thread in SO.

*can't help but feel horribly guilty and super giddy at the same time as I directly or indirectly got most people hooked on this game. :)) But really I'm so glad other people enjoy this game as much as I do. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 15, 2011 5:55 am

I was gone almost all day yesterday so I wasn't sounding the horn. Imagine my surprise when I came home and discovered not only had I levelled up to Knight, I also had enough money to buy my Gorgon!! :D I am now close to being broke, but I don't really care. :p I still need to collect more peppers before heading into the Jungle of Dread, but I'm getting close!
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

Congrats dotK on your Gorgon Trap as well as reaching Knight! Now you can hunt Dragons! (Dragon Mice that is.) ;))

Well, I just noticed that there's a new weekend event coming up... The +5 Bonus Luck Weekend. I can't say that it will help me much because I already have all but two of the mice and the likelihood I'll encounter a Leprechaun is non-existent and a High Roller is almost as non-existent. Maybe I'll spend it in the Muridae Market collecting more building supplies than I normally would. ;))

But for those of you who are still after a hard-to-get mouse (*cough*Sensei*cough*Silth*coughcough* ;)) ) this is a perfect opportunity. :D

In the meantime, I'm just about done with the Warrior mice in Wave 2. I'm excited to test my Sphynx Trap out on the Cavalry mice. :D I haven't had a chance to use this trap yet. We'll see how it does. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am

I have one little piece of MH news today...

Breeds Caught: 120 / 289
Event Breeds Caught: 19

Hunting Since: Jan 03, 2011
Hunter's Title: Hero (18 % )
Gold: 8,268

Horn Calls: 3031
Region: Bristle Woods

Trap Power: 4508
Total Luck: 22
Weapon: Arcane Capturing Rod Of Never Yielding Mystery
Base: Dehydration Base
Bait: 105 pieces of Radioactive Blue
Charm: None
Mice Caught: 3786

^^^Please read carefully^^^ :D B-) :ymparty:
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fantasia » Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am

LOL, you are completely broke, but you have your ACRONYM trap. Congratulations!!! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 15, 2011 11:40 am

Fortunately I still have over 100 pieces of RB left =)) Believe me this is not the first time I've been so low on gold :-s

Thanks FK!
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Next