This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jadis

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Jadis

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 15, 2011 12:25 pm

^And even if they understand that MN was before LWW, everyone will still be sick of her...I know that I am. I'm not really thrilled to see the WW again! I think that it would be best if they make SC next because then when we get to MN we will have gotten a break from WW and she will be exciting again, fitting into the MN story.

In my opinion. :D

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

YES, that is exactly how i think the films should be Lucy of Narnia,
because not that the WW is just popping up left right and centre she isn't really much of a threat anymore because if is obvious that she isn;t going to overcome anyone (It isn't in the books!), so by the time we get to MN the non book reading fans will be like 'Ahh, White Witch /:) ' Because she has lost her scaryness!
If we have a break with SC and have a new villain, when WW 'returns' (In the past, this is starting to get confusing to write :D ) she will be more scary again because she will be kind of forgotten about, what with a new villain appearing!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Arya » Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Tilda should play Judis. She does such a good job with the role. It would seem kinda weird without her.
Design by Narnian_Archer
My Portfolio website
Arya
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian_Archer » Mar 29, 2011 10:41 am

Yes, I do think people will be sick of her...at least, I know people now who are like, "Goodness, will that Witch ever be gone?" It's a bit like Captain Barbossa in "Pirates of the Caribbean". I was sure he was gone, but, no, he kept on popping up! Oh, well, what can be done about it...
This is going to sound pretty radical (lifts shield in defense), but I think someone like Cate Blanchett should play the witch. Tilda's good, of course, but, in my opinion she's missing just a little bit of power and majesty.
Of course, Tilda will probably end up getting the role anyway. I wonder how they will portray her? In the books, she's not a White Witch in Charn--she's just a giantess, a Queen Witch, but not a White Witch. She becomes White in Narnia in the Mountains. I wonder what she will look like? I imagined her to have long, loose hair and colorful robes. Maybe she'll be already white...I don't know. It will be interesting to find out. :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wild rose » Mar 29, 2011 11:42 am

I loved Tilda as the white witch, but I am a bit tired of her, I was so looking forward to a new villan :( I am almost sure that they will use Tilda again for MN, and I would be glad if they would, it would be so weird if they had a different actress :D
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 29, 2011 12:42 pm

*SIGH* If only they would do SC first I would be thrilled to see Tilda as the WW.

*tries to cheer up to the idea*

Oh and Narnian_Archer, if Tilda Swinton hadn't been the WW in the other movies I would say that Cate Blanchet is a good choice! She pulld white of well. ;))
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

I hope Tilda is in MN. Or if they make SC first they should not choose her as the Lady of the Green Kirtle.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kira » Apr 03, 2011 11:47 pm

The only problem with Cate as LOTGK is that many people already think the two look somewhat alike. Plus, Cate Blanchett was in Lord of the Rings, and a great number of people think Narnia is already being a rip-off of LOTR, so it might not help to have an actress from there in Narnia.
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4
Kira
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill » Apr 08, 2011 7:11 am

I think Tilda, with long flowing hair and robes, maybe redder cheeks would be perfect and should be Jadis she is, after all herself (that's confusing) in LWW.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby Conina » May 03, 2011 10:26 am

I would like to see Tilda in MN. I think it would be cool if she had shiny jet black hair and red lipstick and outlandishly bright clothes
until she eats the fruit
and then make her shockingly white (in hair, complexion, and dress) with the black juice stains on her face and front.
"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning." -C.S. Lewis
Conina
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian_at_heart » May 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Lucy of Narnia wrote:LWW: Awesome! Tilda Swinton did a great WW! Really scary, and her and Edmund...aw, that was a great movie! And then when Aslan kills her...

PC: What?? In the book they didn't actually- oh well, nice touch. Edmund saved the day. Cool.

VDT: What?? 'go away, you're dead'???? Come on, guys!!

SC: 'Hi, I am Tilda Swinton, the WW AND the Emerald Witch, too. Fear me! The Witch that never really died even though the first movie is all about how Aslan defeated me....MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You forgot a couple.

HHB:
"Hi, I'm the WW. I know I'm supposed to have died ten or fifteen years ago but I'm lurking around the edges trying to find a way back in. Perhaps I'll pop into Edmund's head at some point and haunt him. Or, even better, I'll turn into green mist and chase the Splendor Hyaline all the way back to Narnia. Oh, and as the mist, I'll come leaking out of those tombs by Tashbaan to scare Shasta. Wonderfull!"

LB:
First producer: "Let's bring the WW back! We'll have her helping the Calormenes trying to take over Narnia one last time. We'll have her in the back helping out Shift."
Second producer: "Oh wait, I have an even better idea! Let's get rid of Shift altogether and we'll have the WW being the mastermind behind it all!"
First producer: "Brilliant!! Why didn't I think of that? And, let's also have the Calormenes make the WW their god. That way, we can get rid of that goofy Tash character. Tash would probably scare the little kids too much anyway and we can't have this movie have above a G rating!"
Second producer: "But what will we do for that name? You know, they said Aslan and Tash were one and they called him Tashlan. How will we do that with the WW and Aslan?"
First producer: "How about Witchlan? Whitelan? Lanitch?"
Second producer: "Those are horrible!"
First producer: "Who cares? Just pick one and run with it!!"
Second producer: "OK" *writes names on cards, closes eyes, shuffles them, and picks a name at random* "OK, we'll call the god Lanitch!"
Second producer: "Yay, we'll make a zillion bucks!"
*makes the movie and it fails miserably"

:p 8-}
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » May 04, 2011 8:26 am

narnian_at_heart, Lol! I hope you arn't write but that was really funny! It wouldn't suprise me if something like that happened! :p
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » May 12, 2011 9:52 pm

I wouldn't mind if someone else played Jadis. I like Tilda Swinton as an actress and all, but she never seemed to me like the Jadis in the books.

So I'd be fine with someone else.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby DamselJillPole » May 13, 2011 6:13 am

I am a Tilda fan or WW, even though i am sick of seeing her in every movie it just wouldn't be the same without her. I hope they age her to look younger and more beautiful in MN. I believe without a doubt MN will be the next Narnia film so I'm going to grin and bare with it. I also hope that they give her a royal Charn wig that is black over her blonde hair. For one it'll look different and new on her and second she's supposed to have black hair.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » May 14, 2011 3:12 am

^^ I hope so too! I was disappointed that she didn't have black hair in the first Narnia movie. I alway pictured her that way.

But would non-book readers accept it? They might think it strange that she's blond one minute and black haired the next... :-\

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby DamselJillPole » May 14, 2011 11:09 am

When i was picturing Jadis with a black wig I pictured it really thin going at least three inches past her shoulder and her blonde hair shown underneath the wig when it ends.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext