This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dream Journal

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Dream Journal

Postby Andrew » Mar 23, 2011 11:29 am

Hey guys! :D

I wanted to make a place where we could share our dreams! Our dreams we have while we're asleep, and our aspirations for our futures, or really anything along those lines. I'm sure everyone here has some dream, and some strange ones. Some dreams that sound like they could never happen! Well, if I could quote my favorite singer Adam Lambert:

Adam Lambert wrote: You can go higher, you can go deeper, there are no boundaries, I wanna believe ya, break every rule 'cause there's nothing between you and your dreams!

So anyways, anyone have a bad dream last night they want to talk about, or a hope for their life? Tell us all about it, and please do stay to chat ;;)

I'll start out with my own aspirations: I would like to move out this summer, and next year take my first full course load at college. I want to eventually get 4 Ph.D's (Law, Psychology, Philosophy and English) and be a professor when I'm old and gray and have wisdom to match my education ;) Of course, if I change my mind along the way, so be it!

Also, I would like to share a dream I had about a month ago I think. It's made me think and reconsider my life more than anything I can think of, not to say that it's made me actually change my life but those who know much about me should understand why it effected me so much. Here is the narrative I wrote about it as soon as I woke up that morning:

Andrew's Subconcious wrote:It is I, the great debater, the wise man of this age – the madman, the fool. As I slept I came across a home, and not just one home but the home of many. I walked down the hallway and opened a door which I came to. Peering inside, I saw there were many men there, feasting and being merry. I could see that they hated each other, and so they hated me above all, for they hated themselves. They scoffed at me and cursed me, and so I left them and moved on down the hall. Each door I entered was the same – men and women drunk with pleasure, though still they hated each other. They hated me above all. Finally I left this house and crept into the alleyway behind the house where none walk at night. I presumed myself alone until I looked upwards. There was an open doorway near the top of the house, though I could not see inside it. There was a staircase leading to it, and standing on the stairs were old men waiting to be led inside. All were identical, and as soon as one man stepped inside, another was in the line to take his place. Their eyes betrayed no emotion, and neither did their faces. Finally as I observed them, one of the men looked at me. In his face was despair – such a despair that it made me seek for purpose myself, though I already knew I could not find one.

I looked across the road and saw a great pool. It was long and wide, with cloudy water that was still transparent to my eyes. I could see no one in the pool, and neither was it marked. As I approached it, the signs began to read themselves in my mind. Of two facts I was absolutely and unquestionably certain – the first, if I were to enter the pool I could never leave, and second, if I did not enter the pool, never could I enter it ever after. With a sudden resolve I leapt over the water and fell into the pool.

When my head resurfaced above the waters, I could no longer see across the street. There were others in the pool with me, three from my count. The third I could never make out, but two were the most beautiful of women as I had ever seen. Suddenly I became aware of the water which I was effortlessly floating in. The temperature was soothing to the point that I decided I would never leave this pool even if I were given the option. I also became aware of a feeling – it was so perfect. I felt well, but not because I felt good feelings, but because I felt no pain. This was the most wonderful, the most perfect feeling I could have imagined. All the pleasures of the world that had at times masked or covered my pain seemed disgusting and worthless to me in this place.

At last the other three and I were gathering together by the edge of the pool, near where I had myself jumped in earlier. Then He came to the edge of the poolside – He was here! The one who my whole life I had run from and hated, but now who I loved, for he had shown me the error of my own way and given me this life forever. I bowed my head to him and worshipped him until my sleep was ended. Never has this student of knowledge and wisdom been so inclined to pay attention to a simple vision of the night, but now it has changed him. For who is the one who catches the clever in their craftiness? Now that I have been justified by he who is without need for redemption, I have finally understood that which in my foolishness I made myself blind to.

Well guys, happy posting! Can't wait to hear your dreams! :) :D :ymhug:
5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!
Andrew
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Dream Journal

Postby stargazer » Mar 23, 2011 10:15 pm

I had a rather bizarre dream the other night, in which I was stuck in a factory-like setting with some other people, and we were under pressure to write original stuff so the factory could operate.

Not much by itself, but the context was that I've been thinking about writing in Script Frenzy this year, adapting my NaNo story, and shortly before going to bed that evening I watched an interesting TV show illustrating the process of Coca-Cola cans and bottles going from raw materials to finished, filled product. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Queen Susan » Mar 24, 2011 6:57 am

Haha, stargazer, nice. :-)

The last dream I had was rather depressing-- I was looking through Dad and Mom's emails for a specific one when I found one from some of our friends saying their 4 year old boy had died. [of lung cancer] (He's one of my favorite little kids- so sweet. :-)) The whole rest of the dream I was walking around weeping, and every time I stopped I would just start again. :-P
I put on some sunglasses so people wouldn't see how red my eyes were. My sister thought something about the death was humorous, but I wasn't amused. Then two of our friends came over and thought I was crying about something else. And... then I just cried harder and the dream ended with me wondering if anyone sympathized at all.

So I woke up and there was a tear rolling across my nose, but I was relieved that it wasn't a real dream. :-p
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby DamselJillPole » Mar 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Great topic Andrew! Also long time no see my long lost buddy! :ymhug:

I remembered about a year ago when I was crushing on my now boyfriend I had a dream one night where I just reached out to him in my class and kissed him. At first he blew me off in the dream and towards the end he came around and i woke up.

In that same morning I met up with him at college and he wanted me to come with him in a sound studio on campus so he can let me hear this piece he made up on the piano. He played it for me and then we started talking about relationships and then he kissed me.

It was perfect and better then my dream i had five hours ago that day. :D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MoonlightDancer » Mar 26, 2011 1:33 pm

My aspirations change daily, but I know first of all that I want to graduate college. :p I see everyone has had some very interesting dreams.

Most of my dreams are nightmares actually, the most frequent being that I am chained to a pew in the basement of the old church I used to go to. As I am chained in the dark either the church burns down, and me with it, or the basement floods and the water slowly fills the room until I drown. My second most frequent nightmare is me being chased by shrieking demons, and the worst one of all is one where I'm babysitting and some mysterious figure takes the child away to kill them even though I do everything I can to stop it. This is the worst one because I'd rather die myself than not be able to stop a child from dying. :(
Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.
MoonlightDancer
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Location: I'll be up in the stars, I'll be anywhere you are...

Postby stardf29 » Mar 26, 2011 4:29 pm

I have one dream that I've always remembered one part of, even though it must have been years since I've had it.

It involved the ability to automatically teleport to Australia (and back), and a whistle that summoned kangaroos.

It also involved fighting against some great force of evil.

And I remember taking care of one of my enemies by teleporting him to Australia with me, and then summoning a whole bunch of kangaroos...

...what this means for my future, I have no idea.
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Mar 27, 2011 2:27 am

I had a dream a long time ago about me being Dora the Explorer...

'nuff said on that. It was a nightmare. :P
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant » Mar 27, 2011 8:22 am

MoonlightDancer, my dreams are mostly nightmares as well. Actually, most of them aren't actually scary, they are just weird and that makes me scared for some odd reason. :-s I am an anxious person and I get panic attacks during the day, but its even worse when its at night and you suddenly wake up with your heart racing.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Queen Susan » Mar 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Hm. I can only remember one nightmare... If nightmare means being really disturbed or scared by it... Guess I'm blessed in that regard. :-)

The last dream I had I was shot... but nobody was very disturbed. I was in some pain, and the bullet didn't go all the way through me, so I pulled it out. :p It was odd. To say the least.
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Andrew » Mar 31, 2011 8:05 pm

I had a pretty cool dream...it involved both of siblings, and a couple people from my church. We all had different super powers, I think I originally had super speed, my brother had super strength, my sister could fly, this guy from my church could also fly, and this girl from my church could steal other people's power and switch with them. Basically, she ended up switching with super speed guy, who switched with me, and I stole the speed from the girl, and this went on and on until eventually I ended up with the flying and the guy had super speed but kept trying to steal it from me, I think I eventually had to knock him out. Then me and my siblings went around trying to learn how to use our powers until I woke up. Let me tell you, flying is fun! :D
5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!
Andrew
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Mar 31, 2011 8:13 pm

^^That's a really cool dream. :)

Last night I had a dream about Lord of the Rings. Or at least, dreamed I was watching it. And my dad and I became best friends suddenly because we both agreed Aragorn was from another planet... :-\

=))

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby stargazer » Apr 21, 2011 10:00 am

I've had a few odd dreams of late...

The other night I dreamed I was in the back room of a local supermarket (I think), and I had to write a university-level essay exam on Yogurt. ;)) (Do colleges even use those old 'blue books' for exams any more? They were a staple back in the 70s).

Another night I dreamed that my bank decided to impose significant service charges - to the tune of $8 million! - on accounts. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Apr 21, 2011 10:42 am

I have dreams every single night...I don't think I can remember any night that I've not had a dream! I can't think of any particularly exciting ones off the top of my head...but I am curious: do any of you find yourselves able to pull yourself out of a dream? Or switch dreams? When I was younger I was especially adept at this :P I had sooooo many nightmares, all the time, when I was little (not so much now thankfully!), and I had a trick where I would start rubbing my eyes really hard in the dream if I thought it was going to be a nightmare. At first I would actually wake up, but after doing it quite a few times it would merely "Switch" the dream to something completely different and harmless. I also sometimes used the "opening my eyes" in a dream to wake myself up.

Recently I had a dream where I was going to be possibly attacked by something...and in the dream I thought "OK, it's just a dream, it will only hurt as much as I can imagine. Do I want to risk it? uh, no!" I definetly dont think (at least for me) that pain in dreams is only as much as I've felt in RL, but as much as I can imagine. Oh, and for the record, if I have dreams where I'm falling, I do hit the ground, and I don't wake up :P And unfortunatly it does hurt. Same with being shot.

Is it the norm to dream in color, or black/white? I always dream in color, it would be VERY weird to have a dream in b/w!
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 21, 2011 10:58 am

@Stargazer... not that I know of... although we do use blue answer sheets for some Multiple Choice exams, but they are only one, maybe 2 pages

@Valiant_Lucy, well I've never done it on purpose, but I often have multiple dreams a night. In fact it's very rare for me to notice its a dream until I wake up, occasionally it does happen, but it is rare.

Sometimes I'll dream that I'm waking up, and I try to get up out of bed, but I can't... and its rather scary because it feels like its real, and then I really do wake up, often in the same position I was in my dream... really creepy. I've also had nightmares where I'll end up flinching or jumping, and then waking myself up that way. I don't really have bad nightmares anymore, except the waking up, but not getting up ones, but I do often dream up some pretty scarey situations though, I'll dream up happy/ comical stuff in the same dream though so it ends up more like an adventure novel rather than a nightmare, sometimes I'm even sad when they're over. Actually come to think of it, I haven't had a really "paradise-like" dream recently either... I think them merging is how my subconcience keeps itself from scaring itself... either that or I've been reading waaayyy too much fantasy and sci-fi recently ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby MoonlightDancer » Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I actually just wanted to post in this thread when I saw it at the top. :p I had the CRAZIEST dream last night...it was so awesome I didn't want to wake up so I will share it here because I can't stop thinking about it.

The dream started off with me walking through dark, empty shopping malls with some friends looking to buy new clothes and trying to find our way to the next party.

Then I walked out into the parking lot, and a silver convertible pulled up. I believe it was a Ferrari or some type of extremely expensive car that was clearly the best. My friend was driving and everyone in the car started shouting my name so I got into the car with them. Interestingly enough, the friend who is driving doesn't have his license due to a medical reason I won't say here. I was surprised to see him driving, and I asked him how he was allowed to drive. He said that he no longer had [this condition] and that was why he was rewarded with the nicest car.

Everyone in the car was part of the small group of people I consider to be my "true" friends and they are the ones that do not party. The friend who was driving said he had to show me something and we drove along an empty highway with the wind blowing at us and up a steep hill.

When we reached the top of the hill, I saw the most brilliant sunset I had ever seen in my life--the sun was as big as the entire sky, and the whole road was drenched in gold and red flames. Astounded by the beauty, my first instinct was to grab my camera and try to take a picture. But the camera wouldn't focus and was broken. I was so devastated that I began to cry-not because my camera was broken, but because I couldn't capture the sunset and it would soon be gone. Then all my friends told me that I didn't need my camera anymore and that capturing the beauty would be pointless because every sunset was going to be more beautiful than the last one had been. Realizing that they were telling the truth, I threw my camera out of the car where it smashed into a thousand pieces along the road.

I suddenly realized that I wanted to see the sunset over the ocean but we were far away from the beach. I was sad that it would be gone by the time we reached the ocean, but the friend who was driving told me that it would wait for us as long as I wanted. So we kept driving along the empty, winding highway towards the brilliant sunset. The air was so warm and surreal that I knew it was summer, even though all the trees were covered in blossoms. We finally parked by the beach and climbed up a sand dune that was a huge mountain. When we reached the top, the sunset was more brilliant than it had been before and I realized that I had to be dreaming because I had never seen such bright colors before. When we looked down on the beach, we saw thousands of people dancing along the water, and they were all people I knew and loved. All my friends began hugging me and everyone along the beach was wearing bright colors. From the dune we went into a glass mansion, up to the seventh story where we watched the sun gradually sink below the horizon from a full windowed room.

My friend who had been driving the car, and who is actually a strong Christian in real life, told me that if I wanted to find this type of beauty in my life I had to turn my heart back to God and stop following myself. I told him that I didn't want to because I wanted to have fun, get drunk, and have sex. He told me that by doing this, the only person I was hurting was myself and that God wasn't missing out on me. But then he said "You will still find your way back here in the end because God has already marked you to enter his kingdom, but the more time you spend following yourself, the more you miss out on the joy and beauty you could have during your life on earth."

Then I woke up. I know it was just a product of the conversations I've had with him, but it's interesting what our imaginations can produce. :p
Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.
MoonlightDancer
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Location: I'll be up in the stars, I'll be anywhere you are...

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Wow that's some dream MLD! I still say it's a sign :P What's weird though is a lot of what you said is how I imagined Heaven to be like... Brilliant sunsets... gorgeous mountain forsests... a vast clear blue ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see...
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Next