This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby Kate » Apr 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Hurrah! Legal screencaps have come! ;))

Flam: Gorgeous lighting. I love 1, 4, and 8 especially.

HMSwanwhite: I like the sort of blurred look you have on the second one from your first post, very nice work. The Susan ones all have such lovely colors.

Wunderkind: I really like your cropping and composition on 3 and 6 and you're lovely, clear coloring on 4.

Image Image Image Image Image

The fourth one kind of cracks me up. ;)) Such swagga'!
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby lizzyhenley009 » Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am

Haven't been here in such a long time, I'm so sorry. :( Lots to catch up on... I can only comment on the current page at the mo' but I've had a look at previous pages and there's lots of lovely work there. :)

Kate: The sunlight on yours is beautiful! Especially #1 and #2

Just a few quick ones from me. C & CC welcome.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
"She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did." -David Tennant
lizzyhenley009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby campgirl » Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Just a few comments:
Lover, That's alright, just whenever you can get to it. :) Oh, and if you can, I use GIMP, so if it's translatable that'd be great. ;)
Wunder, could you do a tutorial for this icon? Pretty please? ;;)

Kate, those are beautiful! I love #1, 3, and 5. :D
lizzy, those are great! I love the pictures you used and the b&w! :)

A few of mine:
Image Image Image Image

I love that last picture of Ben! ;))

C and CC are great! Feel free to use, credit would be nice if you do ;)
-- cg
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elanor » Apr 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Lovely job, everyone! :)
HM Swanwhite: Wow. I'm speechless. Those Susan one's are so incredibly beautiful, you are extremely talented! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I think the first the third are my favorite - but the second - and the . . okay, I'll stop. :P
Kate: Excellent job!! :ymapplause: They're all so clear and pretty and sunshiney. I love them! It's really hard to pick a favorite, but I love the first one, and the coloring on the third one is great!
So cute, Lizzyhenley!!
Campgirl: I love them!! They're all so bright and pretty - great job! :ymapplause: I do love that picture of Ben, and the one's with him and Georgie are adorable.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Thank you so much Elanor! :) :ymhug: That has put a smile on my face. I'm going away tomorrow so I'll post some now. I don't really like them but we'll see what you guys think.
(BTW Elanor I love North and South I'm currently watching through it again! Love your graphics of it!) :)

Image Image Image Image Image
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Apr 19, 2011 9:49 am

so many beautiful icons on these last couple of pages! wish I had time to comment on everyones!

just a few quick ones from me:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby flambeau » Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Page 81...

HM, first post: great job on #1! I really like the coloring! Second post: great work on #2 and 3! The coloring and cropping both are great!
WunderLu, oooh, I love #4! The coloring is so bright and clear! Great job! :)

Page 82...

Kate, ahhh, such pretty avatars! I love the coloring on all of them, but particularly #1-3! (And I agree with you about #4. ;)) )
Lizzy, really good work with the black and white! They have a good balance of contrast. My favorites are #1, 2, and 5!
Girly, what fun coloring! My favorites are #1, 3, and 4! The first image of Georgie is adorable, I love the shot of them in #3, and #4 is a really good picture of Ben!
HM, good work again! My favorite is #1, because you can see her and her reflection; makes for a neat shot. :) Good design in the last two as well.
Keia, lovely work, per usual. :) My favorites are #2, 5, and 6! I just love the solitary feeling of #6!

Some new work from me (at least, they were new when I made them a couple weeks ago. ;) )...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

*glances at the batch* Uh, yeah. So I was on a blue kick. :P And I couldn't decide which texture to use on #2 and 3. I really like #1, though. :)

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 20, 2011 8:15 am

Thank you for all of the comments on my last batch! :ymhug:

Page 81

Kira, Pretty! :) I like them all. Their coloring is very nice. I also like your use of textures, and cropping! :D

flambeau, Gorgeous! :D Oh, when is your works not gorgeous!? Coloring cropping....blending and creativity! :D My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. 9 is very eye-catching; with the vivid blues and the ingenious looking frame around it. :D Awesome work! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

HM Swanwhite, PURTY! :) They are bother my favorites, but I'd have to say I like 1 just a bit better. Lovely textures and coloring. Lovely! (Second post) Susan! :D I like 1, 2, and 4.....but 3 is exceptional! :D Awesome coloring! I love it! :ymapplause:

Wunderkind_Lucy, Very, very, nice! :D I love the textures used....and your coloring has always been unique! My faves are: 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. :ymapplause:

Page 82

Kate, Fantastic! :) Your style is definitely one to be admired! Very simple, warm, lightly colorful and clear. It's lovely! My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, and 4. :ymapplause:

lizzyhenley009, Nice B&W! Croppings are great. ;) I like: 1, 3, 4, and 5. Keep it up!

campgirl, Thanks. :) And alright! I'll be sure not to use any settings unique to PS. Very pretty graphics! Coloring is nice, as always. I like: 1, 2, and 4! :D

HM Swanwhite, More pretty ones! I have to say 1 is my favorite, but all the others are nice too! Good coloring and text placement. :ymapplause:

Aravis Autarkeia, Awesome! :D Lovely coloring! My favorites are: 2, 3, 4, and 6. I can't wait for more! :ymapplause:

flambeau, EPIC! :-o :D :-o Gorgeous and epic....and fantastic...and all those other words that been awesome! :D Your coloring, will forever, blow me away! Not to mention text....Wow! :D I seriously can't choose a favorite since I adore them all. Though I'm so happy to see negative space! My favorite style! :D Oh, oh, please, could you do a tutorial on 1? You should be so proud of it! It's so pretty! I'd love a tut on it, if you could. ;;) Awesome job! :ymapplause:

A load of Ben Barnes ones from me. :) I did a challenge on LJ and claimed him, so this was the result.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

C and CC is great. Credit is nice, but not required, if you use.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Elanor » Apr 20, 2011 9:35 am

Amazing job, everyone! :D
HM Swanwhite: Wow - and I thought from your last post, that you couldn't get any better. Amazing job!!! Those Lucy one's are so gorgeous, the 4th one especially! :ymapplause:
Aravis Autarkeia: Lovely!! The 5th one is especially amazing, the style is so unique and it's so sad and happy. :D Great job!! :ymapplause:
flambeau: Congrats on doing another incredible job! :D I love 1 and 4 best, but they're all so pretty!! :ymapplause:
Becca: Great job, they're all really well done and pretty!! 3, 5 and 13 are my favorites. :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby De_De » Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Kate, Nice work!!! I really like the fourth one. It looks like he is especially posing for the picture :)
lizzyhenley009, Very nice avvies. My favorite one is the last one. Georgie is sooooo pretty.
campgirl, I loved you avvies! Their nice and bright. I love the third one :D
HM Swanwhite, Wow! Wonderful avatars! I really like the second and last one!
Aravis Autarkeia, Very interesting work! I love the second and fourth one. Oh and I love the "There and back again" idea
flambeau, Wonderful job!!!!! I love the last one :D
lover of narnia, Wow, that's a lot of avatars! I really like the 2nd and 11th!
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Shastafan » Apr 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Kate, great avatars! I love how Lucy looks in #1 and #2, how Eustace looks indignant in #3, and Ed's "swagga" in #4! :D

lizzyhenley009, superb job! I especially like #4, and Georgie's face in #5! :ymapplause:

campgirl, oh yeah! Those are very cool! #3 is very sweet and fun, and #4 makes me want to stare at Ben for quite some time! :D

HM Swanwhite, your avatars are divine! I like how you used a touch of pink in all of them, and #1 looks awesome! :)

Aravis Autarkeia, I really adore your work! The coloring of #2 and #6 is marvelous, and I loved #5! :ymapplause:

flambeau, magnific! I love the ones with Caspian near the water, and #6 was very funny! :D

lover of narnia, holey moley, those are fabulous! #1, #11, #15, and #20 are lovely and fantastic! :D

Here's some avvies that I made.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby flambeau » Apr 21, 2011 7:19 am

Thank you all for the comments! :)

Becca, I posted the tutorial yesterday; enjoy! :) Lovely batch! My favorites are #3, 5, 7, 10, 17, and 18! You've got some very stunning crops in there! :)
Shasta, oooh! I really like #4! The coloring, combined with the contrast of the two font colors, is very striking! Great work! I also really like #2!

A few more from me...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Thanks to WunderLu for the text texture on #4.

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 21, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks for the comments y'all! :ymhug:

Shas, Nice! I like the cropping of all the avatars. My favorites are: 3, 4, 5 and 6. Though 3 might be a tad over sharpened, I love the image. :)
flambeau, Thanks so much! :ymhug: I already tried out the tutorial, and I'm enjoying it so much! More gorgeous ones from you, I see! :D 1-3 are lovely. The backgrounds go very well with them, and I love the grungy feel of the text behind Ed. Also your coloring on 3 is just as lovely as ever, and the blues are so vivid. 4 is awesome. Lovely lighting, and coloring, and also the sharpness of it is perfect! The text goes wonderful as well. 5 and 6. :-o Fantastic! 5's coloring is beyond wonderful! The blending is flawless, the background and the coloring...Oh! Magnifique! 6 is the same way. :D Wonderful lighting! I'd love a tutorial on 5, but if not that, I'd love the background texture you used. :) Awesome job! :ymapplause:

Some more from me. :)

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Credit to Flambeau for the tutorial on 1 & 2. C and CC is great. Credit is appreciated, but not required, if you use.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Djaq » Apr 21, 2011 1:38 pm

*peeks in and waves to everyone* Hi! ;))

I've got a little bit of free time, so I thought that I would stop by to post some graphics and comment on all of the beautiful work in here!

Kate, I LOVE #'s 3 and 5!

lizzyhenley009, those are awesome! :D I love the black and white! My favorites are 3, 4, and 6!

Girly, beautiful coloring!! :D I'm in love with 1 and 4!

HM, great cropping! I really like the first and last! :D

Keia, I love the designs on the last two! Great job! :D

flam, first post: Gorgeousness!! You already know what I think of all of yours. :P I'm amazed! :D Second post: Eeek! 1, 3, 4 and 5 are fabulous!

Becca, fabulous work from you!! :D First post: My faves would be 1, 5, 7, 11, 13 (where did you get the image?? :D ;)) ) and 20! Would it be possible for you to do a tutorial on #20? Thank you so much! :D Second post: I really like 2 and 3!

Taffy, I really like the last one! :D Such a great shot! And the first one makes me smile. ;))

Here are some (long overdue) icons from me. :)

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

I was having a little too much fun with the color blue. :ymblushing: :P

Feel free to use any that you like. Credit would be great, but it isn't required. :)

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Sorry, no time for comments this time. :P

Please ask lover of narnia for permission to use these avies.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby lizzyhenley009 » Apr 22, 2011 4:03 am

Campgirl: I really like the text on #3. Nice cropping on #2 and #4.

HM swanwhite: Love the cropping and colours on yours.

Aravis A: There's some really nice text on #5 and #6. My favourite is #5 :D

Flambeau: First post: Beautiful bright colours on 1, 2 and 3. I like the text effect on #5. Second post: The "ED" textures on 1 to 3 are awesome, and lovely colouring on 5.

Lover of Narnia: First post: All of yours are just beautiful! So many bright colours! The 5th one on the 3rd row is my favourite. Second post: The cropping on #2 really captures Caspian's emotions- great job! :)

Shastafan: I looove the sunrise on #4 and the white glow on #6

Djaq: #3 and #6 have some awesome cropping. I also like the last one.

Wunderkind_Lucy: The last two really made me laugh. I love the look on William's face on the 6th one. =))
"She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did." -David Tennant
lizzyhenley009
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext