This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will they change the actors for the Pevensies after VDT?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Will they change the actors for the Pevensies after VDT?

Postby fantasia » Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm

aragorn2 wrote:I heard on a discussion board that the actors for the Pevensie's will be changed for the HBB and LB, is this true?

I'm guessing that whatever you read is probably referring to the original plans back in 2005. After LWW was so hugely successful, they had planned to make one film a year. They didn't feel the Pevensies would age enough, so they had left the option open for the actors who played the adult Pevensies in LWW to come back.
However, since the films being one year apart didn't happen, I think the "kid" actors will be able to play those roles just fine. ;)
But if the discussion board is referring to completely new actors, it's completely unfounded. No contracts have been signed one way or another and I think all four would be more than happy to reprise their roles. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby aragorn2 » Oct 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank, that's good to know.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm

That's good to know because I would think by that movie they would be old enough to take on those roles.
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Nov 12, 2010 9:05 am

Although it will not most likely happen now, I would have liked to see the Adult Pevensies play the Pevensies in HBB.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby BlackCountry » Nov 15, 2010 10:32 pm

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the elder Pevensies who appeared in LWW reprise their roles in HHB, and William, Anna, Skandar and Georgie coming back for The Last Battle.

As for Susan in TLB, I'd rather her just mourn the passing of her siblings and maybe she there could be a look of regret on her face as to her actions not believing in Narnia anymore etc...
"I'm an Alien, I'm a legal Alien, I'm a New Zealander in Perth!"
BlackCountry
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 20, 2011 10:07 am

I can't see the point in recasting really! Everyone will be old enough to reprise their roles if/when LB or HHB come out. And even if they still want actors to appear older, make up and clothes and hair styling can do wonders for someones playing age!
I wouldn't mind seeing the actors from the end of LWW in HHB but because its been 6 years now and it will be longer still, perhaps those actors will not look right anymore (There is make-up but then why not just use Georgie, Skandar, William and Anna?)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Feb 21, 2011 12:17 pm

One thing I would like to see is the stag hunt scene in LWW reshot in about 10 years with the original kids. ;)) :D
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm

^^ ditto! :D that would be awesome! I could totally see that!

I do hope they have the kids play their characters in HHB! :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 25, 2011 8:14 pm

That would be really cool. they would be old and wrinkly though! :D
Attachments
narnia.jpg
narnia.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 21780 times

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 24, 2011 4:00 pm

^I thought the same thing about the stag hunt! My family and I talked of this before. :D

But yeah, they need to keep the original kids or else... (-| There goes the movie!

They should keep Will P. as Eustace too...but that is a different topic altogether. ;))

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilygloves » Apr 02, 2011 5:38 am

The only thing about casting the orignial Pevensie cast for HHB and LB is that in the end of LWW there are the adult versions of them. They would look kind of similar but not exactly the same.

I think Susan being in LB is every Narniawebber's greatest fear, we just haven't discussed it as much because it's not coming out for a while.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Apr 13, 2011 4:16 am

Using the original four actors to play their adult selves is almost a given at this point of time. I imagine they will be made up to look a bit more like their "older selves" than the four actors Andrew found to play them in that scene.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby cipher » May 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Please don't let new actors play the Pevensies! If Fox just make The Silver Chair and The Last Battle instead of making the prequal, there wouldn't be any need for new actors! Just wait till they finish the "main story" then go back and film the Magician's Nephew.
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby waggawerewolf27 » May 23, 2011 1:39 am

So far the two most likely films are Magician's Nephew and Silver Chair. Apart from cameos to provide any links to previous movies, there aren't any Pevensies in either of these movies - Eustace, who figures in SC doesn't really count as an original Pevensie. And if Lucy could appear in a Magician's Nephew cameo since that movie concerns her LWW performance more than most, then Eustace could also be included in such a cameo.

At the moment the most likely films not to be 'done' are HHB and LB. There aren't even any boards available announcing they are 'in production'. If and when either of these two movies are made, the original Pevensies will be in a good position to play the roles they played in LWW, PC or VDT. Especially as in LB these roles are only bit roles, after the final collapse of Narnia.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby wolfloversk » May 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I highly doubt they would change the roles for the Pensevies in LB... by then age won't matter as much, and Eustace would be the only one by then (except maybe Jill) that we'd have to worry about. Now beside LB the only other one they would be in (with the possible exception of a cameo- but I don't think they'd change the roles for that either) is HHB, in which they're adults for the most part anyway... I'm gessing they'll keep the same cast for that one too, unless the actors don't want to return.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby caleon » May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I love Mark Wells (older Ed in LWW) but I imagine by the time they make the last film(s), IF they make them, the actors who played them will be too old to recast. It would make things nice & neat if they did, but probably more logistically feasible if they just ask Will, Skandar, Georgie and Anna to play the older Pevensies by that time. But who knows what projects they will be on to by then? Guess we have to wait and see for sure! I truthfully don't care, as long as the movies are well made and successful. :)
caleon
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext