This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Re: Avatars - First Edition!

Postby Narnia+MiddleEarth » Mar 29, 2011 10:24 am

Hello everyone!
Looking at these got me thinking of some old stuff I did. So here!
PS. Wonderful job to all!

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Susan-and-Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202707370?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F25327087&qo=4

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202705771?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F25327087&qo=6

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202701046?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=1

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Georgie-Henley-avatar-202695581?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=27

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Georgie-Henley-avatar-202696438?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=29

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Susan-avatar-202697970?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=31

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202595640?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=38

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202414097?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=41

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202349933?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=45

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Peter-and-Lucy-avatar-202349761?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=46

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Susan-Pevensie-avatar-202300039?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=49

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Georgie-Henley-avatar-202349413?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=48

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Georgie-Henley-avatar-202199317?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=53

http://angelprincess101.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-Pevensie-avatar-202199857?q=gallery%3Aangelprincess101%2F29309154&qo=54

Comments are welcome! Thanks!

If you cannot see them I am dreadfully sorry! :((
Lucy's Poem
You called me back so here I am,
Ready to defend this land,
My heart may quake, my spirit shake,
But You will never fail,
As long as we Believe...
-Poem by Narnia+MiddleEarth

I am a Friend of Narnia and a member of TEAM HOBBIT!
Narnia+MiddleEarth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey Narnia+MiddleEarth - Welcome to Narniaweb! :)

Just a tip about some BBcodes. If you go like this [img]your%20image%20link[/img] it will show up on this page. You can find the direct link by right clicking on your picture, selecting properties and then copying the link. For an example here's your first icon:

Disclaimer: The above is not mine but Narnia+MiddleEarth's icon

Here are some of mine though:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sorry for the similar ones - please tell me which you prefer! Hope y'all like them! :D

EDIT: Forgot to say credit to don't_be_so_base for the bases! ;)
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia+MiddleEarth » Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks very much HM Swanwhite. I'm sorry for the inconviences. And I really love your icons! The colors are amazingly beautiful. And the blend is gorgeous! Keep it up!
Lucy's Poem
You called me back so here I am,
Ready to defend this land,
My heart may quake, my spirit shake,
But You will never fail,
As long as we Believe...
-Poem by Narnia+MiddleEarth

I am a Friend of Narnia and a member of TEAM HOBBIT!
Narnia+MiddleEarth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

It's no inconvenience! If you want you can edit your post to change it (the edit button is on top of your post). :D Twill be good to see them and I hope I've been of some help.

Thanks for your compliments!!! :)
Go Marina Erakovic!
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby lover of narnia » Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Page 80

Aravis Autarkeia, Lovely! :D I believe you already know my thoughts on this batch....but I'll sum them up again! :) Lovely coloring and cropping. Textures are well used, too. My favorites are: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, and 20. 20's coloring is especially lovely! :D

Prince Hayden, Thanks! :D Yours are nice! :) My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12. Very creative! You did a really good job! :ymapplause:

DamselJillPole, Thank you! :) I like your Caspian ones, too! My faves are: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 10. Good job with cropping and lighting! :)

De_De, Nice! I like 2 and 3. :)

campgirl, Thanks for the comments! :D That tut maybe just a bit later than I expected. Sorry. I just got a new computer and Photoshop CS5 instead of CS3, so I'm still try to come to grips with all the new features. :P I still remember what I did though and will get them up ASAP. Thanks for the images! :D Your graphics are pretty! :) My faves are: 2, 3, 4, and 5. Great cropping, too! :D (Second post) Beautiful! :D You are going such a good job on these! I like: 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. Good job! :ymapplause:

Narnian_Archer: Thanks you so much for the comments! :) Good croppings with yours. I really like #2. Coloring is pretty. ;)

HM Swanwhite, Very nice! :D I really like the coloring on 2 and 3. But 1 is also lovely. Nice! :ymapplause:

Page 81

Narnia+MiddleEarth, Welcome to NW and the graphics world! :ymhug: #7 of yours is gorgeous! :D Did you follow a tutorial for that one? :) It's really pretty. All the rest are nice too. Good cropping! :)

HM Swanwhite, YIPPEE! :D More from you! I love 'em all! My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, and 11. Good job! :ymapplause:

Now, some from me. I'll post my most recent ones now, and then next post will be a batch of slightly older ones.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

C and CC is great. Credit is nice, but not required, if you use. :)

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Attempt 2: :) Lover I love your post, my faves are 1, 3 and 8 and I love the cropping and colouring on them all.

Narnia+MiddleEarth I looked through most of your icons and I love the cropping on them all. Also some of them are really exceptional icons, sorry I can’t remember which numbers though apart from the one lover mentioned.
Here’s five from me, sorry for the similar ones and again please tell me which you prefer. :)

Image Image Image Image

301av.png
301av.png (18.87 KiB) Viewed 10657 times
Go Marina Erakovic!
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Kate » Apr 02, 2011 2:10 am

lover of narnia wrote:Image Image Image

I love what you're doing with these cool macro wide-shot avatars. I'm going to use the first one. :)
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby i love w.a.s.g » Apr 02, 2011 9:35 am

Wow! Everybody's doing wonderful jobs! :)

HM: 1st Post: My favourites are the Edmund ones. Lovely coloring :)

2nd Post: I really like 1 and 5. But especially like 1! :D I like its coloring the most.

lover of narnia: I want to say that I'm in love with your style and avatars! :D Wanted to write some comments about your avatar at page 80 but it would be sooo long if I wrote it. :D They're too amazing!
My favourites are 5, 7 and 8 in this post. :)

Unfortunately, here's just 2 from me. I'm so busy with exams right now so I didn't/don't have much time to make avatars :/

Image Image

Hope you like them. I'll try to make more. :)

By the way, Wunderkind_Lucy, I posted a tutorial you requested from me. Posted the Susan one's tutorial. Hope you like it. Also, I'll try to make a tutorial about the other ones. :)

Avatar by lover of narnia | Signature by me
i love w.a.s.g
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm

HM Swanwhite, Thanks! :D I'm really liking yours! :) Variations are good. My favorites are: 1, 2, 3, and 5. Nice coloring! :ymapplause:

Kate, Thank you! :ymblushing: I'm so honored that you are using on. :ymhug:

i love w.a.s.g, Aw, thank you! :D lol. :ymblushing: I'm glad you like my avatars. :ymhug: Yours are very nice! :) I really like 2, but 1 is also awesome. Good job! :ymapplause:

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kira » Apr 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Image Image Image

Feel free to use, credit please though. :)
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4
Kira
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby flambeau » Apr 04, 2011 9:58 am

Just dropping by for a quick post. Not gonna do a full check-up post, but I'll comment on a few things...

Page 78...
wasg, I love the coloring on the last three!
Dee, #1, 5, 6, 8, and 12 are totally made of awesome!! :D Lovely work!
DotK, I love #8 in this post! The cropping and coloring are quite striking!

Page 80...
Becca, you have gotten so good at this!! First post: I love all of the cropping variations on 1-8! #20 is also amazing! Second post: #1, 3, 8, 12, 15, 17, 18 (!!!), and 19! I am in love with #18!!
WunderLu, ohhh, I love #9, 10, 12, 15, 17, and 19!
Keia, amazing work on all of them, but my favorites are #3, 5, 7, and 9!
Girly, first post: love his smile in #3! Second post: love #1, great cropping in #2, and the idea for #4 is epic!
HM, (last post) I actually really like #2! The text design is great!

Page 81...
HM, great batch! My favorites are #5 and 8!
Becca, I am in awe of the cropping on #8!

Some new stuff from me...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau
"It. Doesn't. Have. To. Match."

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me
flambeau
Moderator Emeritus
A Concerned Third Party

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Here's two from me with credit to don't_be_so_base:

Image Image

flambeau love that batch! The colouring on them all is fantastic. I love the one of Edmund! My faves are 1, 3, 4, 6, and 9. I love the layout on 9 and the cropping (and everything else) on 4. :D
Kira Lovely batch. I love the colouring and the crispness! ;)
ilovew.a.s.g. I love the cropping and colouring on those, the one of Lucy is very cute! :)
Go Marina Erakovic!
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Wunderkind_Lucy » Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow! Y'all are making such lovely graphics! I will try to comment tomorrow, if I can.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Comments are ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder
Wunderkind_Lucy
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby De_De » Apr 07, 2011 4:45 am

Wunderkind_Lucy, Really nice avatars!!! I really like the 4th. Oh,what is written on the second avatar? :p
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Elanor » Apr 07, 2011 8:28 am

Great work everyone! :)
H. M. Swanwhite's first post: Those are lovely! I love your textures and colors! I think my favorite's are 1 and 9, but I love the fast moving feel to 7 and 8. :) :ymapplause:
Becca: All of yours are really lovely - I love the close up one's of Lucy!
H.M. Swanwhite's second post: Wow!! :D Lovely! I especially love the first one, but the others are super cool too! :ymapplause:
Kira: Yours are so lovely, you have a great graphic making style! :ymapplause:
Flambeau: Prettiness! I love the 5th one!
Wunderkind_Lucy: WOW! Yours are so gorgeous!! All of them are stunning in their own lovely way!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: My fave's have to be the 2nd, 3d and 5th.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Wunder_Lu
De_De You'll probably find it is just a tiny text brush, in which case probably only the author would know what it says! (Hope you don't mind my saying that Wunder!)
Thanks Elanor.

Four from me from VDT! I took the screencap - which I should've done earlier seeing as NZ got the DVD on the 30th of March! However, I prefer letting others create screencaps. In actual fact mine never seem to turn out well anyhow.

Image Image Image

vdt2avi2.png
vdt2avi2.png (21.87 KiB) Viewed 10409 times
Go Marina Erakovic!
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext