This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 13, 2009 4:04 am

Is will p a year or half a year older then Georgie. If so he would be 15. So maybe he will be 19 or 20 by the time of LB or even older like 22. Depends how fast the film the movies.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 14, 2009 11:16 am

Then they had better film those movies fast. If Aslan kicked Peter and Susan out before 18 (even though the actors are a lot older than that), then it wouldn't be right for Eustace to stay involved with Narnia that old. I think the scheduled premier for VDT is Decmber 10, 2010. By then, Will Poutler will be pretty old. In my opinion, they should have picked someone younger to play Eustace. If the casting directors knew how long it would take to film the rest of the movies with Will Poulter in them, then they should have picked a 13 or 14 year old. Now Jill is going to have to be older, but if they don't want anyone older than Georgie Henley, it's going to be hard to find the right actress. Age would really narrow down the possiblities. Ok, that might have been a little confusing. I can't even understand parts of what I said. Hopefully it will make sense to you guys!
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

I do understand, but I also slightly disagree. In my opinion, Will Poulter looks way younger than he actually is, so his age really isn't a huge problem. Also with what you said about Aslan kicking the older Pevensies out at 18; age is really irrelavent because Aslan looks at maturity level... not physical appearance(I believe we already discussed age and maturity :| ). I am also pretty sure that the actress for Jill will not be older than Georgie... it wouldn't work in the LB if she was(since Eustace and Jill are the youngest there).
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 19, 2009 6:44 pm

That is true... But it kind of does matter in a way. I mean, they can't be 35 years old. Because in the books, and I think once or twice in the movies, Aslan did say they were "getting too old." Yes, in a sense, you are correct... and you're right about Will Poulter, he does look a lot younger than he is... :p I shouldn't have doubted Will's acting ability. You right. Sorry! My slip up! ( I was looking at the other forums, and I realized that this particular one is very intelligent. Yah for us! Not saying that the others are dumb... :-\ )
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Well, JillPoleWannabe123the actors can be 40 in my opinion, if they can pull off being younger than that. ;)
A_Narnian_Ship, I absolutely agree that Jill should be about a eleven or twelve in SC, but what should her age be in LB? It's more than a year... 14? 15? She seems to be much more mature in LB.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby campgirl » Oct 21, 2009 9:53 am

Personally, I think that Jill should be (or at least look) about the same age as Eustace/Will P. Maybe a little younger. But they are at the same school so their ages should be similar. But that's just my humble opinion. :)
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 21, 2009 1:13 pm

They should probably be just a bit older then 12 in the movie for the teen audience. Just a little. Like 14, I'd say. She definetly should look the same age as Will P my opinion is that is a must.
I have found an actress!Google Sammi Hanratty. She has wavy dirty blond hair and freckles (can't see her eyes that well... probably brown or blue.) She is about the same age as Will p.-IMBD says Sammi is 14, and she actually pulled off acting as a fourth grader in eight grade when she acted as Chrissa (american girl)! She has LOTS of experience, but I don't think she's too well known, except for her Pringles commercial. So I think she can pull it off. The only drawback is that sammi is an American.
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Oct 22, 2009 12:04 am

Dernhelm_of_Rohan wrote:, I absolutely agree that Jill should be about a eleven or twelve in SC, but what should her age be in LB? It's more than a year... 14? 15? She seems to be much more mature in LB.

Jill is meant to be several years older, not just a couple. She is 16 in the book in LB, after being about 10/11 in SC. I hope they manage to cast a girl who's about to start growing up so that she looks about the age Lucy will look in VDT. Then by the time LB is filmed, she'll look more like mid teens.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Hmm, Happy Giant, i don't know. Her hair is more red than blonde. She did playa British girl in Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, so she might be able to pull the accent off :-\ . She's also pretty well known, acting in several Disney TV series and some other major projects. I still would prefer a lesser known actress. I've heard of her before and I had never heard of the Pevensie actors before(and it's not because they're British either...).

I think 10/11 might be a little to young for SC. I think 14 or 15 would work better. But then again, depending in what order they film them, the actress might be too old by the time LB rolls around.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm

It looked like dirty blond in the youtube videos I saw of her. I'm pretty sure it's not red.
They'll probably make LB only a few years after SC. I'm not saying that I like it, just that it's likely to happen.
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Oct 23, 2009 12:06 pm

HappyGiant wrote:It looked like dirty blond in the youtube videos I saw of her. I'm pretty sure it's not red.

She could change it by dyeing it, so you could both be right! All the same, I have to agree with A_Narnian_Ship on the color: I don't like it red.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 23, 2009 12:44 pm

*shrugs* That's okay! We all have our own images of what Jill pole would look like!
Anyway, what about what I said about their ages in LB and SC? I don't think they'll be that much older in LB than SC. By they I mean Jill and Eustace.
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 23, 2009 1:21 pm

According to the Guide to Narnia by Rodger Ford, Jill is 9 in SC and 16 in LB. I disagree with him though.That's a very major change in ages between SC and LB. I believe Jill should be 14-15 in SC and 16-17 in LB. But they never mention the pevensies ages in either movie, so I think Jills appearence(looking old or young) is really all we need to worry about. Will(eustace) already looks a lot younger than he is, so I would'nt really worry about that.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole! » Oct 23, 2009 7:19 pm

I saw an actress in a commercial in one of my DVR recordings, she has American accent but I have seen her in 3 pther commercials with different accents including an English accent, it sounded authentic to me. Not sure what her name is but I do know she is about to turn 14 in December.
Jill_Pole!
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Yes, I agree. I don't think Jill Pole should be too young. :p Will Poulter and the new actress should be somewhat close in age. :D We don't want it to look like they're brother and sister. :| I don't think that would be good. :-$ But, that is in my opinion. :ymhug: I was thinking 13 or 14 in the Silver Chair, and 15 or 16 in the Last Battle. :ymblushing: What do you think? :-\
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby lostin1800 » Oct 26, 2009 3:50 am

I think early teens for SC and late teens for LB. Its plain to see that the actress will most likely be in her early twenties any way by the time LB comes around so late teens is the only age I can see Jill at during that film. And since girls change alot from there early/mid teen years to their late teens/adulthood I don't see a problem in her being around Will P's age. I think the actress should be about 15 or Will's age since they are in the same class, it won't matter.Too young wouldn't be a good idea.
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext