This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Polly Plummer

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Polly Plummer

Postby Valiant » Mar 12, 2011 8:04 am

Like most of you here I have always imagined Polly with blond hair (more wavy instead of curly) and green or blue eyes. However I wouldn't be too worried if they cast someone who didn't have those exact traits. After all there is the makeup and hair crew. ;) I think Molly Windsor looks great for the part, but I haven't seen her films or anything.
They should also consider somone who will interact well with the actor they cast as Diggory.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Andrew » Mar 16, 2011 10:51 am

I think the girl from True Grit would make a perfect Polly!
5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!
Andrew
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Hailie Steinfeld?! Shes more of a Jill too me, but she is a great actress so I see where you're comming from! :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ChristProclamer » Mar 16, 2011 6:44 pm

I personally loved Hailee Steinfeld, but I think she might be a little to mature-looking and a little too American. She's a brilliant actress, but come on, she's from California. Polly is from London. Major-big difference.

I wonder, will they hold open casting calls (like how they cast the Pevensies) or will kids have to get agents (as how they cast Will P. as Eustace)?
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Andrew » Mar 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Charlotte, I actually thought of her for Jill at first too! Too bad they're not making Silver Chair next :-\

ChristProclamer, hmm that is a good point, I seem to remember hearing William Mosley saying you had to be British to be in the movies.
5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!
Andrew
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DancingPrincesses » Mar 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I have always thought of Polly as a nine or ten year old, and kind of slim with dark brown curly hair.

I like Molly Windsor, but I think her hair should be dyed and curled.

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PollyP » Mar 25, 2011 10:41 am

i completly agree polly needs ribon. but the actress who is eventually cast doesnt need curls because you could always use tongs but i think blue/grey eyes blond / light brown hair quite mature for her age and haer body should be curvy and not fat but not thin.I would say ten to 13 age wise unless the actress looks really young like Will Poulter.

i am sorry but i just cant imagen andria as polly ,polly was never a brunet for me. :-s
Do not dare not to dare.-Aslan
PollyP
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Mar 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Right now, what I have in mind is a blond haired girl, doesn´t really matter the eye color, cause they can use contact lenses, also, they can choose the americans ( but with a london look ) that can do a really really really good accent. Age... 10 to 13 I´d say...
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DancingPrincesses » Apr 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I really REALLY think Rosie Taylor-Ritson is a great Polly!

I do think that they (if they even used her) should dye her hair reddish-brown, and curl it.

~DP Dessa

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PollyP » Apr 08, 2011 6:12 am

perfect jill pole what on earth do you mean by "a london look" :-\
Do not dare not to dare.-Aslan
PollyP
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Apr 10, 2011 12:12 am

ChristProclamer wrote: I wonder, will they hold open casting calls (like how they cast the Pevensies) or will kids have to get agents (as how they cast Will P. as Eustace)?

They will use agencies. The big search for the Pevensies won't be repeated - that was special.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Apr 10, 2011 12:33 am

perfect_jill_pole wrote:Right now, what I have in mind is a blond haired girl, doesn´t really matter the eye color, cause they can use contact lenses, also, they can choose the americans ( but with a london look ) that can do a really really really good accent. Age... 10 to 13 I´d say...

There may not be any such person. :( At 10 to 13 most children speak the way people around them do. Around people with a different accent they tend to emphasize their own idioms. To speak like a Londoner you have to live there.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby allfornarnia » Apr 11, 2011 8:25 am

I think these are all great ideas!
But does no-one else envision polly as having red hair? :D

I think it would be amazing if Polly had really long, curly red hair, it would totally add to her character. She is seen as being very polite and proper but she is confident and becomes really adventurous in Narnia.

Also I think Polly should be older than 11 or 12. In the old illustrated books of "The Magician's Nephew" Polly is quite tall and looks quite mature. Maybe 15 or 16 years?

So, a little older with red hair and really blue, inquisitive eyes. Does no-one else think this sort of description qould make a brilliant Polly??! :)

Just an idea... :P
allfornarnia
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Jill » Apr 11, 2011 10:42 am

allfornarnia wrote:Also I think Polly should be older than 11 or 12. In the old illustrated books of "The Magician's Nephew" Polly is quite tall and looks quite mature. Maybe 15 or 16 years?

Lewis said that if Polly was much younger she would have wanted to put one of the rings in her mouth, I really think that she must have been a bit younger than 15. This I would imagine is why everybody is suggesting that she'd be young. She should be younger than that I think but getting good actresses younger than that. I do like the idea of blue inquisitive eyes.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby CharlotteRose » Apr 14, 2011 6:49 am

allfornarnia, I like your idea...especially the red hair. It would be beautiful and every girl in narnia so far had been a brunet or blonde really. and the eyes sound beautiful. I like the idea of making the actress slightly older for the sake of acting quality but i doubt that many people would agree wioth this because of how C.S Lewis described her. and of course there are many younger actresses that could probably do the job. Over all a really pretty image though, i'd never seen Polly like that but I can see it now! :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jadis101 » May 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Polly is one of my favorite characters! I always pictured her looking kinda of like Alice from Wonderland lol. About 11 or 12, with long blonde hair with a ribbon, pale skin, big blue/green eyes, with a blue dress and a fiesty attitde. Molly Windsor looks somewhat like how I pictured her :)
Keeper of Jadis' Wolves
Jadis101
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext