This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mar 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Just bought Batman Arkham Asylum. I hope it works well on my computer because I've heard very good things about the game. Currently playing Lego Batman. It's enjoyable but a little derivative and the camera angles are really annoying (why do so many games have trouble with this aspect?- the Tomb Raider series, anyone?)
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby FencerforJesus » Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm currently going through Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii. Not as strong as the first but very solid for a sequel. Character development is still impressive for a sequel RPG and you get to revisit many places, characters, and stuff from the first. Game play is most the same as the first, but I consider the soundtrack to be stronger. One of the big things that people are turned off with this game is the voice actors are different from the first. They aren't weaker, just different. If you liked the GameCube's Tales of Symphonia, which is IMO perhaps the best RPG for that system, then Dawn of the New World will be a solid sequel.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Mar 13, 2011 4:59 am

Just pre-ordered my 3ds!!!! march 31st i will be an owner.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Andrew » Mar 15, 2011 7:23 am

I've been playing alot of Halo: Reach lately. I wasn't impressed with Black Ops, the online quality was sub par, and it actually forces you to lag 1 second behind the game if you have fast internet, probably the worst lag solution I've ever seen. Reach is great tho! Most fun I've had on Xbox since Halo 3 came out.
5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!
Andrew
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Shadowlander » Mar 16, 2011 4:42 am

I played Halo 1 in its entirety, and some of Halo 2. I thought the premise was great, the graphics were pretty (for its day), and the protaganist (Master Chief) very cool. The problem I had with Halo 1 is that the whole thing was just put together in a very...bleh...kind of ho-hum fashion. If I had to point my finger at the single biggest detractor to my opinion of the game it was level design. Whoever laid the levels out either played a lot of Pac Man or just needed to playtest it through a few more times before they discovered it was a bit repetitious. This unfortunately infected the rest of the game horribly for me. I wanted desperately to enjoy the game but it ended up being surprisingly mediocre. When I played Halo 2 I was looking forward to seeing if this was corrected. It was not. I got to a point in the game where I grew frustrated by the amazingly obvious way that events were scripted and the terrible AI the game's enemies exhibited. The games reeked of hype to me.

I have no way of knowing if these problems survived to the sequel games (Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo ODT, Halo OCD, Halo OTC, and Halo version 4.5 ;)) ). I love FPS's and am always willing to give a shooter, no matter how old it is, a go, especially if it has an epic storyline to it, which Halo admittedly has. But I'd have to know if the later games fixed the problems of the first two, which made me want to pull my hair out in frustration.
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby Arwenel » Mar 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Re-playing Knights of the Old Republic II, this time after downloading someone's attempt at restoring some of the cut content. There wasn't a whole lot added to Peragus or Telos, but i just finished Nar Shaddaa and that had a notable amount of restored content.

I particularly like that now you can resolve the Citadel Station fuel problem! Finally.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind
Some come from above, some come from behind
But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~ Dr. Seuss
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Postby 7chronicles » Mar 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Just bought Batman Arkham Asylum. I hope it works well on my computer because I've heard very good things about the game.

I played that with my cousins last year. I think if you like Batman you will enjoy it. I thought the gameplay was good, and the story as well. :)

IloveFauns wrote:Just pre-ordered my 3ds!!!! march 31st i will be an owner.

Awesome! If you can let us know what you think of the 3D on it, I've been wanting to know how it looks ever since E3 last year. :)

Shadowlander wrote: In unrelated news, Gamespot picked their "Greatest Video Game Hero" (I'm guessing of "all time") and awarded it to Dr. Gordon Freeman from the Half Life series.

I CAN'T BELIVE NATHAN DRAKE DIDN'T Win! :-o He is the Best! :D
I guess it is because Uncharted is only on PS3. ;)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are my favorite games!
Something I found interesting is that when creating Nathan Drake's character, Naughty Dog (the game creator) zeroed in on early 20th century stories like Doc Savage, then that led them to heroes like: "Tintin. There you get more color in the characters, and more globetrotting in the stories."

Nathan Drake is the Best! I Can't wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception!

Me and my sister have been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the past week.
My cousin gave us the game and it is actually a decent game.
I think die hard Star Wars fans would like it.
We almost have all our trophies (achievements) for the game, we have been working so hard to get all of the Trophies for all of our games and we are almost done! :D :ymapplause:

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby IloveFauns » Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

I get on the 31st of thism month so i will tell you then. I am not getting a game to juen though sicne the good ones coem out then.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm

I love the force unleashed. I like the first one better though.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby WanderingSamuri » Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Anyone play Homefront? It looked like an awesome story, and the graphics looked sick, I'm just waiting for it to drop in price. Just wondering if anyone else has an experience playing it.
WanderingSamuri
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 7chronicles » Mar 22, 2011 12:15 am

@IloveFauns: Thanks! :D

@puddleglum32: It was a pretty good game! :)
I also heard that the second one wasn't as good as the first, but we were thinking of getting it anyway. Still thinking about it though. ;)
Did you know that Sam Witwer who did the voice of Starkiller also did the voice of The Emperor (Darth Sidious) in the game?
I thought he sounded just like him. :p

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Shadowlander » Mar 22, 2011 4:40 am

WanderingSamuri wrote:Anyone play Homefront? It looked like an awesome story, and the graphics looked sick, I'm just waiting for it to drop in price. Just wondering if anyone else has an experience playing it.

That came out early last week I think. It was timely as I needed a gift for my brother's birthday, so I picked up a copy for him. The game has "From the makers of Red Dawn" on it, so that sold me right there ;)). I'll have to wait for my brother's first progress report on it though before I know if it's good or not. :)
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

7 Chronicles wrote:
Did you know that Sam Witwer who did the voice of Starkiller also did the voice of The Emperor (Darth Sidious) in the game?
I thought he sounded just like him.

I think he did Darth Sidious. I dont know I'll look into it to find out.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 7chronicles » Mar 22, 2011 7:11 pm

@puddleglum32: Sorry my wording wasn't done very well :p ,
I meant that Sam Witwer did do both the voices of Starkiller and Darth Sidous. I thought he did a really good job at it. Sorry I didn't word it very well. :p :)
By the way, out of curiosity what is it about the second one you didn't like as much as the first. :-\ :)

7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby FencerforJesus » Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm going a bit retro lately. I'm currently playing through the Mega Man X series, originally released for the SNES for the first three, for the PS1 for games 4-6 and then PS2 for games 7-8. I'm currently on X2. Best games in the series IMO are X, X2, X4, and X8 in no particular order.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Mar 24, 2011 2:59 am

nintendo wrote:Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800×240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320×240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640×480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.
Game Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, “Slide Pad” that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor. Other Input Controls: 3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended. Input/Output: A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack. Sound: Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen. Battery: Lithium ion battery details TBA. Languages: TBA Parental Controls: Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext