This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy-Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Lucy-Georgie Henley

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 18, 2011 9:47 am

I no lol, I wasn't offended or anything no, but i meant that they are both equally important it's just I feel people should feel sad for Susan rather than look up to her. It's okay to look up to the actress who portrays her but I think that non readers or people who don't really see the real Susan (and i blame the films because of that) have no idea what is about to hit them with her character change. And I really hope they stick with the books for both HHB and LB so we can see the real Susan.

Don't get me wrong I like her character and all it's just people need to feel sorry for her instead of the complete opposite thinking she's so perfect when she's not.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kat » Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

I agree DamselJillPole. Lucy has always been my favorite, with Jill Pole coming in at a close second. I'm mostly a book purist, so I've always found Susan's character bossy, annoying, & whiny. Anna Popplewell seems like a real sweetheart, though. I just hate that they basically gave all of Lucy's positive traits to Susan in the movies. They seemed to have side-lined Lucy's character in favor of Susan in the films, who according to book canon is nothing like how she is portrayed in the movies.

Also just found these & wanted to share. Lucynarnia4ever posted on YouTube 2 clips of Georgie's read through/audition for "The Expatriate."

Clip 1
Clip 2

IMDB Listing
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 21, 2011 9:38 pm

@Kat: is posting those videos online even legal? I've never seen an audition video for any Narnia cast member on YouTube - or anywhere else for that matter. I'm shocked that the production would allow these videos online for the public to see during the casting process! I think someone needs to investigate... /:)

About the Lucy/Caspian scene my French friend didn't like: what do you think of this film clip on Tumblr? I think he was thinking of this, but I could be wrong. thewardrobe-.tumblr.com/post/3241513477

@georgiefan1: what was the line you thought "cringe-worthy"? I'd love to know.
220chrisTian

Postby Elanor » Feb 22, 2011 8:28 am

So that one little clip made your friend think that Lucy had a crush on Caspian? :-o Wow . .
I'm not sure what he was saying there, but I know that kind of look. She was blushing a little, but believe me, girls don't only blush with guys when they like the guy! :p Again - I wouldn't worry about it, because I did not get that impression in the slightest.
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 22, 2011 10:22 am

Kat great find! I'm happy to see that Georgie is auditioning for other things! I thought her audition went fantastic and I hope that she gets the part!

I wonder if Aaron Eckhart is playing Amy's father and if so they need to cast Georgie because they really can pass as father and daughter. I got to meet Mr. Eckhart in person in 09 when he was filming Battle: Los Angeles so I can see a tiny comparison to how they can look related.

I really hope Georgie gets this part! It'll really give her acting career a boost. :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kat » Feb 22, 2011 7:35 pm

I think they could pass for father & daughter too, DamselJillPole. They both have the same coloring & similar features.

I think the last movie I saw Aaron Eckhart in was "The Dark Knight." He's a pretty solid actor who has had various supporting & lead roles. I think it'd be good for Georgie to be exposed to/learn from other seasoned actors.

It's interesting to see that Georgie's name has come up for quite a few mainstream roles. According to Hollywood.com, she may be in the running & would be an interesting choice to play Katniss in "Hunger Games." I thought I also read somewhere that her name could come up for the new Marvel movie "The Runaways." She seems to be serious about acting & she's getting a lot of buzz in the media as someone to watch.

Regarding the (2) audition clips for "The Expatriate," my guess is that the tapes were released online to generate buzz for the movie & would probably fall under "fair use." Scripts are constantly changing & I doubt that the lines in the two clips will be in the actual finished product. I don't think they're potential spoilers either as anyone who's read the summary on IMDB could guess the overall plot.

Good Luck to her. I've always thought that of the main Narnia cast, Georgie, Ben, & Will P. would have the most viable/successful acting careers outside of the Narnia franchise.
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Very cool clips! I though Georgie did a lovely job. :) And you're right, Kat. Aaron Eckhart could easily pass for Georgie's father. Does anyone have a summery of the movie? I couldn't get the IMDB to pull up right.
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Aron Eckhart will play a former CIA agent who hopes to make a fresh start with his estranged 15-year old daughter. He moves to Belgium to take work as a security expert and one day discovers that his colleagues have mysteriously vanished and a trained operative is intent on killing both him and his daughter.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kat » Feb 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Georgie & Ben Tokyo press photos: :)

Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Ben and Georgie makes me smile and blush everytime I see a picture of them together. You can tell that they are best friends. They are adorable!

Thanks for posting Kat! :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 23, 2011 9:28 pm

@Kat: what's your source? I can't find these photos on any Ben or Georgie fansite. :-\
220chrisTian

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 23, 2011 9:41 pm

^ yep I looked around too and they are nowhere to be found. I want to make graphics of these two really bad. Espeacially with that last picture.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kat » Feb 23, 2011 10:02 pm

A friend of mine emailed the images to me, knowing what a Narnia geek I am. The last pic was a tweet & the 1st two were on Tumblr, I believe.

DamselJillPole, since these were posted on public sites, you could probably use the images (fair use), just right click & save. I wish I knew who originally posted them, but my friend just mentioned the sites they were posted on.
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 23, 2011 10:07 pm

I know I was just hoping there would be another picture of those two in a wider and larger scale. They are cute. I can't stop looking at the pictures, BFF's forever <3 I know what my next youtube video will be. :)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 23, 2011 11:38 pm

So is Georgie, if she's cast in The Expatriate, supposed to have an American accent as the daughter? I didn't watch the videos long enough to listen for it...

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Feb 24, 2011 3:22 pm

puddleglum32 wrote:Aron Eckhart will play a former CIA agent who hopes to make a fresh start with his estranged 15-year old daughter. He moves to Belgium to take work as a security expert and one day discovers that his colleagues have mysteriously vanished and a trained operative is intent on killing both him and his daughter.

That sounds really interesting! :D I hope Georgie gets it.
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext