This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What if.... Narnia was real?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

What if.... Narnia was real?

Postby savvy0712 » Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm

I have always wondered that if Narnia was real, how would another person be able to get there and would it have to be in England? What are your opinions or thoughts on this?
savvy0712
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: What if.... Narnia was real?

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 13, 2011 10:47 pm

I believe in Narnia. As weird as that is it's true. I believe that there is a world like Narnia out there somewhere in this galaxy that we live in. I also believe that you can get into Narnia anywhere, I don't think you can get to it by only living in England either. :) Yes the real Narnia is out there somewhere!
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby StarAsterisk » Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am

It's harder for me to beleive that it's not real than it is for me to beleive it's real.

And of course you don't have to be in England to get there!

You culd of course try getting there the way Eustace and Jill did, but in my opinion they didn't get there by force, Alan brought them there.

It's been clearly shown to us that in general, "It'll happen sometime when you're not looking for it."

For some of us, we may not get there untill we die in a train crash or soemthing.
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 15, 2011 7:29 am

I agree, it's easier to think that Narnia is real than to think it's not. I don't think you can only get there from England. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go outside, face the east with my arms up (palms face down) and call to Aslan. :)
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby StarAsterisk » Jan 15, 2011 8:16 am

Lovely idea!
Hmm if it was warmer out ! would do that too!
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Katana » Jan 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Narnia most certainly is real so im wondering how im supposed to respond to this thread... were all going there someday, and I myself, cannot wait :)
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby Narnian Heart » Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

I think the existence of Narnia is something much like the ideology found in the editorial "Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus". Narnia exists because there are enough people in the world who believe in goodness, chivalry, kindness, courage, love, and redemption. And there are enough people in the world who would fight to the end--the end of their lives, the end of the world, or the end of time--for those things. That's what Narnia represents. I think allegorically it represents the kingdom of God and the virtuous children of the King, and so, because that truly does exist, so does Narnia. As Christians, we are living in Narnia now, and will one day live in Aslan's Country.

Now about the actual, physical existence of Narnia. Well, the deepest part of my heart bears witness to what you all have said. It does seem easier for me to believe in a physical Narnia than to deny its existence, though all logic says it is, of course, a fictional place in a fairy tale story. But I love that in Mere Christianity, Lewis says something (I can't remember where, perhaps the first chapter?) about the possibility of other worlds. Throughout the Narnia series and even in MC, it seems like Lewis never doubted this possibility, and so though I don't necessarily believe Narnia exists, I don't doubt that it's possible it could exist. Anything is possible after all. :)
-Lillian
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."-Galileo
Narnian Heart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am

Of course Narnia's existence is going to be more difficult to disprove than prove...the same applies for anything. It's pretty hard to prove that there are not unicorns in Russia because you'd have to go through every square inch of Russia to be 100% sure. ;))

However, because of this, the burdon of proof is on the believer in situations like these. I'm not going to believe that Narnia exists simply because I can't prove it doesn't exist. [-( Narnia is a great fantasy world with many lessons applicable to this world, but in terms of existing, I don't think the belief, or hope, that that is the case is any different than Harry Potter fans hoping to get the letter from Hogwarts telling them that they are a witch or a wizard. :P That's part of the appeal of fantasy books...they conjure up visions in our imagination of places seemingly superior to our own word. It gives our minds much enjoyable food for thought, and we wish we could experience the same things in reality. But we can't, because the things aren't real, after all, somebody wrote a fictitious book about them in the first place...so we could imagine them :) (which is the best alternative to actually visiting them).
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Katana » Jan 22, 2011 12:31 pm

A hundred years ago people did not believe in the existence of atoms, even when scientists could prove it they did not believe, so my theory is that anything coud be real. Even if it is not found,discovered, proved or disapproved.
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby Aravis Narnia » Jan 30, 2011 12:14 pm

If Narnia were real, I would try very hard to find one of those vortices. I would go on a trip probably closest to one of the original pirates that became Telmarines eventually. I would love to go to Narnia. I may not even need to return back. I wish I could go there back and forth. To take vacations there. Maybe even pictures.

Were portable cameras popular back in the 1940s? I do not think portable tape recorders were available back then. But perhaps small cameras may have been. So it would have been an interesting plot point if one of the kids who traveled to Narnia took pictures and brought the camera and film back to England and had them developed. Now with all the picture taking gadgets, it would be a big plot hole if nobody took pics- but if they were not available back then, it is credible and likely.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fledge1 » Feb 03, 2011 9:23 am

Well, the original Narnia was destroyed. But the new Narnia is about as a best description of heaven as I have ever heard. So of course it is real. The new Narnia that is.

My question is, and it may have been discussed, could Narnia folk get into our world? Like what would have happened if Tumnus came through this side of the wardrobe instead of Lucy going in. Is there a discussion on this already?
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Fledge1 wrote:My question is, and it may have been discussed, could Narnia folk get into our world? Like what would have happened if Tumnus came through this side of the wardrobe instead of Lucy going in. Is there a discussion on this already?

I don't think there is. That would be a really interesting conversation if you wanted to start a thread for that. Just don't discuss it in here, as that would be a bit off topic ;)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

I started a topic for the "can Narnians enter our world" discussion here. :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2753
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lucy85 » Feb 04, 2011 8:40 am

If Narnia is real, that would be wonderful! I have often dreamed of getting into that wonderful land and meeting all of my Narnian friends:) Maybe someday :D
Wrong will be right when Aslan comes in sight / At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more / When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death / And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again
Lucy85
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Feb 10, 2011 12:54 pm

MinotaurforAslan wrote:Of course Narnia's existence is going to be more difficult to disprove than prove...the same applies for anything. It's pretty hard to prove that there are not unicorns in Russia because you'd have to go through every square inch of Russia to be 100% sure. ;))

Unicorns in Russia? I never heard of that theory :p

As weird as it may seem, I believe Narnia exists, and somehow there must be a way to get there. This summer actually De_De, Narnian_Archer and I almost got there (at least I like to think of it that way) we were at a historical festival and there was a building there built like an old Russian rich home. We were exploring the rooms and we came to a room where there was nothing except this closet built into the wall at the very end of the room, other than that the room was completely empty, and seriously, it seemed everything was pointing to the closet. We rushed to it and tugged at it and.......it was locked. The greatest dissapointment of my life :(
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby DanielleLauren » Feb 16, 2011 2:26 pm

I too feel the same as you, However i do see it quite differently to it being in the back of a wardrobe, I only believe the insight into the past is in the back of the wardrobe..

There are so many theories on the existence of Narnia, but mine is far from average.. CS Lewis claimed that he didn't come up with the story, however he did feel as-if it was being whispered to him. I believe that the earth is Narnia, The book is filled with so many hints towards this conclusion that I myself am surprised after so many years no one else has come up with it!!

I believe earth is Narnia, and that all of the creastures in the book exist, and the book is used as a guide, to help us discover them.. I believe the world once wasin peace and at one with itself, when ''Pangea'' existed, or in my eyes, Narnia.

I believe the spirists of narnia whispered the story to CSLewis and they also hold an important message, as just because everything appeart to be changing and far from the beautiful tranquil Narnia, doesn't mean to say it has never ever been this way before. I believe we could regain this tranquility, that we could all live in peace both animals and humans, and creature. Just becaise our rabbits of today don't talk doesn't mean to say they can't nor won't. I quote from Prince Caspian '' If you treat an animal as dumb, sooner or later this is what they become''...

I believe we could regather the force of this once long forgotten place, and those who believe there is no such place with centaurs and unicorns, but i say on this huge planet there is not one single person who could say every square metre has been covered because it so obviously hasn't. I believe in the shadows, Narnias are living.. Deep in the most beautiful of woods they are there still. And i believe if we aloud our memories to grow so substantially strong that we could remember the past, that the truth would fall before our eyes. And just because i am the only person possibly on this eath doesnt mean I have to forget, I believe one day, Narnia will be discovered again, on our slowly differing planet, and i believe it will slowly be re-incarnated, But as this world slowly spirals down to pure abyss the hopes of this are being shattered..

I believe that as this world is slowly destroyed a bunch of Narnia creatures hang there head in shame.. Annd i believe we could work our way back to the beginning, because i can feel it, and i believe. If we began this movement as a whisper it would sooner or late become a battle cry..

I remember when the Talmarines existence was so strongly favoured, i do not know why i have such vivid dreams about this long forgotten possibly non-existant tribe, but i do. I remember how things should be, i believe some animal do too, lke dophins, and the trees and the skys and grass beneath so many people feet. And i think that the reason so many animals freezwe in the head lights of our wretched cars is because when shown such a sheer bright light they too remember, how beautiful our world was, they realise it has slowly slipped away, and they realise tht with out hope, all is lost. With out belief we have nothing.. This one feeling stops them, and it almost kills them inside, just as it does me, everytime i see how abliterated out world has become, so if our cars, or torches, or guns don't kill them , they will remember, but by the time they remember again it's too late.

I believe two daughters & two sons of Adam and Eve are all it would have taken, and i believe that is all it will take to defeat the clutches of today generation of feud and societal anger, and defeat the evil once again.. I believe it is because of our race, (in my eyes, the Talmarines) that the earth is how it is, and i hope one day we will live all as equals again...

I hope you will have the time to share your thoughts on this matter, i am only 14, and the same as you, i have felt narnia in my blood even before i heard off it, i truely believe that something else is out there.

feel free to like drop me an email,,

daniellebufton

@

hotmail.

co.

uk
DanielleLauren
NarniaWeb Newbie

Next