This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy-Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Lucy-Georgie Henley

Postby lizzyhenley009 » Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am

I wish I could say that I've seen the Dawn Treader movie, but I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet :(( . Sigh. I really want to see it.*Roll on Dvd.* :ympray:
But from what I've heard from reviews, it sounds like Georgie has done a good job. I can't wait to see how she portrays the more "action-y" Lucy. :ymapplause:
"She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did." -David Tennant
lizzyhenley009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Jan 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Kat wrote:....I agree, Elanor, she's lucky that she looks much better with less make-up, but I thought the make-up people at this event did a good job.

It's the "less is more" concept for sure. She does look better when her clothes aren't overdone either style-wise.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Jan 13, 2011 6:10 am

^^^ very much agreed. In PC I didn't much like the amount of makeup Anna Popplewell wore, and I was a little worried they might do the same to Georgie, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her looking fresh and beautiful. She has so much natural elegance and beauty, it seems a shame to cover it up.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kat » Jan 13, 2011 6:39 pm

They did pile the make-up on Anna in PC. It was pretty noticeable in DT, too. During the transition scenes where Lucy morphed into Susan, the contrast was so obvious because Georgie's make-up was so subtle in comparison. I guess they were thinking Susan is supposed to be the prettier of the two sisters, so let's pile on the make-up to make it so.

The thing is, Anna looks pretty with light make-up. I recently saw a new black & white publicity shot and she looked lovely with very little make-up on. I've noticed that the people who do her make up for the Narnia premieres have a tendency to spackle on the make-up, too.

Here's a shot of Georgie with Camilla Belle & I take back what I said about the make-up people being good for this event. While Georgie's make-up was pretty natural looking, it seems they used the wrong shade of foundation for Camilla. It looks like someone photo-shopped her head on the wrong body.

Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Turkish Delight » Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

She is stuning!
Though I think she lookes just a bit to grown up. She is 15 not 18.
Turkish Delight
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Turkish Delight » Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Georgie Henley I mean! Sorry if it sounded like I was talking about
Camilla Belle.
Turkish Delight
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 16, 2011 2:46 pm

I think Georgie looks absolutely beautiful in all the pictures! :D
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glumpuddle » Jan 22, 2011 12:25 pm

It really bothered me when Aslan told Lucy the reason she is valuable is that she discovered Narnia first. Which raises the question...are the other three Pevensies less valuable?
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 22, 2011 12:44 pm

^^aw, I'm sorry you didn't like this scene. I enjoy it. it gives me chills when Aslan speaks to her.
no, the other Pevenses are not less valuable. Aslan tells no one any story but their own. so, Aslan is talking to Lucy.....plus, it's a dream sequence. she dreamed what would have happened if she'd read the beauty spell.
Aslan's words here were very special to me because I've been down that awful "I wish I was more beautiful" road. I used to long to be pretty like people I saw and I used to hate who I was. But God turned my thinking around - I am valuable! I am worth so much more! and so when Lucy learns that lesson, it was personal to me. and every girl goes through that. so it's great that girls watching the movie can see that it's okay to be who they are, because God made them that way.
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby fireheart209 » Jan 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Each of the Pevensies made conributions to Narnia. Discovering it was one of Lucy's. Aslan was telling her that her contribution was important, not that the others were unimportant. If it had been Edmund wanting to be Peter, Aslan might have brought up the fact that he was the only one who thought of breaking the witches wand. Edmund was the only one there that day who thought of going for the wand. If he had not been there, the battle might have turned out differently. Susan was the one to save Trumpkin. Susan fired her shot before Peter even figured out what he was looking at. If Susan had not been there that day, Trumpkin might have drowned. If Peter had not been there when they first entered Narnia, Susan might have succeeded in persuading Edmund and Lucy to just go home. Peter was the one who backed Lucy's desire to help Mr. Tumnus.

I don't particularly care for Lucy's story arc in this movie. I think it was a bit of a stretch to take her slight jealousy of Susan and turn it into a drawn out struggle in which she wishes she didn't exist. I don't get the whole turn into Susan thing. And, just once, I would like too see a strong female character who is not obsessed with her looks.

I think that particular point made sense, though, even though I would have preferred to see Lucy struggle with the other spell in the book--the one involving being hurt by her friend.
fireheart209
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm

fireheart209, I completely agree with you, I dont feel Aslan said any of the other Pevenies are invaluable by not finding Narnia first, hes just showing Lucy how she is valueable
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Jan 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I think I agree with most of what was said here. I loved VDT, but I do think it could have been better. Georgie did a great job, but there were places that you could tell she was acting. (One that I thought of, besides the "It's very Narnian looking" was when Reepicheep and the others came to rescue them. The "I knew you'd come" just sounded a little fakey. And wasn't he supposed to be with them, anyway?) But there were also places where she slipped back into the more natural Lucy from the first two films. (Where she comes up out of the water and first sees Caspian. I loved her face there!)

And on the subject of the writing of Lucy: I didn't notice her trying to talk like Susan as much, but I did think the temptation to be like her was a bit overdone. I liked the part in England, when Lucy asked Edmund if he thought she looked at all like Susan, sort of showing what Lucy was dealing with. It was very obvious in Peter and Edmund: they wanted to be taken seriously; they were kings! With Lucy, you couldn't tell quite as much, and that line sort of showed what she wanted: to be considered beautiful and loved, something she most likely would have had in Narnia, being a queen.
And with the magician's book: wasn't the spell supposed to be make her more beautiful then Susan, not actually make her Susan? I also would have liked the part about listening in on Anne and Marjorie to at least be in there. I did love how she interacted with Gael, Edmund, Eustace, and Caspian. And I loved seeing her in the fight scenes. :D The part at the end, where she said goodbye to Aslan, made me tear up.
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Kat » Jan 24, 2011 7:51 pm

The Blogger Just Jared Jr. just had an exclusive interview with James McAvoy & you can read about it here.

They talk about Georgie and it's really adorable. Apparently James is also very good friends with Ben Barnes.
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Elanor » Jan 25, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks so much for posting, Kat! That's a really cute interview, I'm a big fan of his, so it's really nice how he talks about her! :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PeterCharn » Jan 25, 2011 11:45 am

lizzyhenley009 wrote:I wish I could say that I've seen the Dawn Treader movie, but I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet :(( . Sigh. I really want to see it.*Roll on Dvd.* :ympray:
But from what I've heard from reviews, it sounds like Georgie has done a good job. I can't wait to see how she portrays the more "action-y" Lucy. :ymapplause:

I am not sure what reviews you have been reading, but I found Georgie's perforance in VDT the worst of the entire movie. I thought her acting was amazing in LWW and decent in PC.....but it performance made me wince a few times in VDT. I am not sure what happened there. After seeing VDT I hope that she doesn't make an appearance in SC.

I think once you see the movie you will know what I mean.
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elanor » Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am

PeterCharn wrote:I am not sure what reviews you have been reading, but I found Georgie's perforance in VDT the worst of the entire movie. I thought her acting was amazing in LWW and decent in PC.....but it performance made me wince a few times in VDT. I am not sure what happened there. After seeing VDT I hope that she doesn't make an appearance in SC.

I think once you see the movie you will know what I mean.

As that will worry some people who haven't seen the movie - I will assure them that many of us disagree strongly. :) I think Georgie did an excellent job in all ways, just as good if not better than LWW and PC. For those of us who act, we know that some lines are particularly hard to say, especially long one's, while you're just standing there. And some of the lines were cheesy, which can lead you to suppose its bad acting.
But I really don't think it was. :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext