This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Jill Pole

Postby Meltintalle » Jan 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Aww, thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm glad y'all like it. :)

The big brooch fastener was meant to be rather like the lion brooches worn by the Pevensies at their coronation.

I kind of like the last image you provided for hairstyles, Adeona.

Nicely drawn, Lu_valiant. You are apparently better at drawing directly from a description than I am. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Good hairstyles, Adeona! I like the one the model wears directly in your post best!

Wonderful dresses, Lu! Thank you so much for drawing them up for me, they are wonderful and you did them from my pictures very well!! :ymapplause:

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Meltintalle! You're welcome Lu!
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Okay, it's time for another dress!

Horrible Harfang Dress

The book describes the children wearing bright clothes, and Jill's didn't keep her warm. Plus, the giants clothes were made for humans but were too big for Jill herself. So I'm going to give Jill a flashy outfit that she has somewhat adapted to make fit herself better. The outfit will be a bit gaudy, be we still want Jill to be pretty. In my mind, she stays in this dress when they leave Harfang (remember, they was supposed to be nonchalant), unless they abandon the book-plot of slipping off for a walk somehow so that Jill changes first, then slips off, or if they make Jill change back the next day when her clothes (which obviously fit her better) have been properly washed. Here goes!

The dress should be a bright green (remember, Jill thinks they have human things because LotGK visits, so why not the dress be green? :p Sides, that popped into my mind from reading that Jill (or maybe 'twas Eustace) wearing something green at this part of the book. Works either way!). It should be dragging on the floor a bit, almost like a train, but Jill has pulled it up in the front slightly (so as not to trip) and cinched a belt 'round her waist. She also wears a circle clock that covers her from neck to chest, same size round the back (do you know what I mean? I've seen something like this before...). The cloak is bright blue. Her slippers are yellow or pink, either one would be bright. Her hair is in curls (I have decided that, in my mind at least, Jill's hair was curled at Harfang, rather than her having curly hair throughout. :p ;) ). She wears no jewelery.

Tune in later for the Peace Restored dress (think purple!) and my newest addition, The Healing of Harms Dress! :D

Lu

*edit*

Peace Restored Dress

This dress needs to be beautiful and glamorous (akin to Susan's Farewell Dress in PC, but more modest :-s ). This needs to be the dress little girls look at and beg mommy to make! :)

Imagine a soft purple/violet under base w/ gauze overlay in periwinkle, floor length, covering matching slippers (softly beaded, think Galadriel's dresses), w/ a slight train in back. The sleeves are a good bit fuller than the others, and Jill has perhaps a thin sliver crown on her head, beautifully ornate, but lightweight(honorary Queen!). Her hair is curled, down, except perhaps for those lovely "lu and su" braids, and she wears fine jewelry, maybe a matching necklace and ring set w/ dress-matching stone(matching the crown, or kind of complementing it). This dress is flowy and gauzy w/ a collar like Lucy's coronation dress, but higher. Jill needs to look gorgeous and be able to dance in this dress! Think snow dance w/ her in it, maybe! :D

Healing of Harms Dress

A pale blue, gauzy dress, not quite floor length, maybe to the tops of Jill's shoes, w/ silver slippers and silver accents on the dress, still wearing her crown? W/ Jill's hair either curled or just down. Maybe the dress can have a silky silver underlay and a silky silver tie around the waist over the gauze part. Jill needs to look soft and beautiful. Her eyes should shine with tears, and the dress reflect this w/ it's shimmery, blue and silver-ness. She is a glimmer, a glitter, a tear-drop. But beautiful.

So, what do you all think? :D

Lu
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 04, 2011 5:18 pm

made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Oh, Lu, the Peace restored dress is gorgeous !!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And the Healing of Harms dress, too! :ymapplause:

And the Horible Harfang dress has a lovely train w/ nice colors! Only thing I'm not sure about is the circle cloak (and I was the one who made that up, wasn't I? ;)) )

LOVE YOUR WORK! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Lu :D
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PollyP » Jan 05, 2011 1:01 pm

this is for Alice. In the book Jill wears shorts because its the type of school were everyone has the same uniform, but I really like the Idea of a Narnian dress. Which is strange for me because i am usualy the one who wants to go the same way as the book.
PollyP
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I like the Peace Restored dress, Lu_valient. Great job!

I thought I'd try Horrible Harfang as described, thus, version one:

I doubt the giants or the LotGK would have any qualms about fur, thus the collar which, when balanced by some fancy trim around the bottom of the cape, makes it a bit more attractive. (At least in my opinion.) The sleeves are supposed to be all bunched up because they are far too long, just like the dress.

The pink slippers, even with a pink belt, were feeling a little bit out of place, so I thought I'd try for a skirt with bright pink and blue stripes. It didn't work out that way, but there's a nice textured overdress in version two.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks Lu and Meltintalle! BTW love your Horrible Harfang Dress Meltintalle!
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Yeah, Meltintalle! LOVE it! And seriously Lu, that Peace Restored dress...*sigh!* if only I could wear it!

Lu :)
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Lucy of Narnia wrote:And seriously Lu, that Peace Restored dress...*sigh!* if only I could wear it!

Lu :)

I want to wear it! :)
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PollyP » Jan 07, 2011 9:19 am

Jill (my sister) is making a narnian travelling dress for Jill . Hope u guys like it. ;)
Do not dare not to dare.-Aslan
PollyP
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 07, 2011 2:45 pm

PollyP, you should take a picture and show us!
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill » Jan 11, 2011 12:49 am

After hours of arguing with my pencil (you really do want to but some ideas down on paper) I decided to argue with my needle and thread instead the result isn't perfect but it's better than anything I had on paper. This is supposed to be Jills on a mission dress.

Reading back every body seems to want Jill in Blue, I'd love her in this for the end but I always though as a Dryad was looking after her for some reason I've always pictured her in greens and browns until Harfang. Feel free to disagree with me but that's how the dress I've made is. Just to say It's doll size. I made it from an old pair of callots so the material isn't perfect but I like the colour and I love the buttons here it is.
Attachments
Photo 0395.jpg
Photo 0395.jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 23989 times
Photo 0397.jpg
Photo 0397.jpg (47.42 KiB) Viewed 23989 times
Photo 0398.jpg
Photo 0398.jpg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 23989 times
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm

If you have a photobucket or webshots account you could put it on there and post the link on here
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill » Jan 20, 2011 8:31 am

Here's a close up of the buttons. What does anybody think about maybe adding adding some embroidery? Leaves, flowers, that kind of thing.
Attachments
Photo 0396.jpg
Photo 0396.jpg (46.17 KiB) Viewed 23988 times
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

PreviousNext