This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Postby fantasia » Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

I'm kind of surprised no one has started this topic in here. Maybe there is one in GMD and I just haven't been paying attention. But as this forum could use some more threads, and this is the appropriate place for this discussion, I thought I'd go ahead and start this thread here. :)

I'd heard rumblings for a very long time, though it's no secret anymore, that the production is debating about which film to do next. It's certainly either going to be The Silver Chair or The Magician's Nephew. But the fact that they're considering MN next is still a bit of an oddball choice to me personally.

Thankfully recent quotes from Mark Johnson and Michael Apted have helped me feel a bit better about them filming The Silver Chair next, but I'm also well aware that there are some people perhaps even higher up than these two that are still pushing for The Magician's Nephew next.

Thoughts?

I have also heard a rumor (and this is a RUMOR) that they're not excluding the possibility of filming both at the same time. Thoughts on that?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

I have been on NarniaWeb, Aslan's Country, and Narnia Fans.com and the people who want Silver Chair made next are ahead by far. And since Mark Johnson said they will let the fans decide, I hope they will pay attention.

As far as filming them together wouldn't that save money since they wouldn't have to totally restart everything a year later for the next movie. And if they did it would mean we would probably get it sooner.
But all this is hinged upon the Dawn Treader box-office performance. :-ss :-ss
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MagiciansNephew1 » Nov 28, 2010 7:16 am

I'd rather see the The Silver Chair next because of the chronological order and because I really don't want to see the characters recast, which would almost have to be done. I really do want to see MN done however, as it is my favorite book in the series (as my name implies). But for now, SC definitely.

And don't worry, I have all the confidence in the world VDT won't disappoint at the box office. ;)
Lets go SC!
MagiciansNephew1
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: ...trying to get out of one large history textbook...

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 28, 2010 9:43 pm

The Magician's Nephew is probably my favorite book, but... I hope they do SC next. It just makes more sense everything-wise.

But I'm glad they want to do MN soon, instead of second to last. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait to see my favorite made... ;)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 29, 2010 3:27 pm

I hope it's SC next! but either one is fine with me!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 29, 2010 11:09 pm

With all the recent interviews it sounds like The Silver Chair is next ;) I'm happy about that because I want to see it made really bad more then anything. I just hope this franchise is still successful in order to get Magician's Nephew because it is my third favorite story.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby mm1991 » Dec 05, 2010 1:43 pm

You know, I really like this "Let's let fans decide" thing. Maybe they should do that with every decision from now on! :p

I really hope they make Silver Chair next. I'm very much all for publishing order. Magician's Nephew seemed kind of random to me. :(
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 05, 2010 3:42 pm

With the concern of how Will Poulter has grown, I think they should film SC first. I don't think his height is a big issue, but it could become that way if they wait to film SC.

mm1991 wrote:You know, I really like this "Let's let fans decide" thing. Maybe they should do that with every decision from now on!

Haha, I agree on that to some extent. Maybe this could become a Narnian democracy? ;) (Joking, joking...)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 05, 2010 3:47 pm

ooh, I think they are leaning more towards SC! yay! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Ithilwen » Dec 05, 2010 5:54 pm

^^ I'm so glad! It would have been pretty odd to switch to MN just yet, now that Eustace is just becoming the main character. :)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 05, 2010 6:03 pm

^ I agree with you, EJ. Someone on this forum (I don't remember who, sorry) said that the only way for the Narnia series to succeed now that the Pevensies are gone is for everyone to fall in love with Eustace. If the movies kept switching around characters, it would make the movies' success even harder to obtain.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby king caspian » Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm

The Silver Chair should be next! It would be weird to go from Voyage to Magician's Nephew without going to the continuing story which is Silver Chair. Magaician's Nephew should be the sixth movie and then go into Last Battle. It should be about the continuity.
Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena
king caspian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm

^ Agreed, king caspian. Not only that, but I always loved how MN was before LB. You get to see the beginning of Narnia, and then the end. The symbolism would be so much more beautiful in the movies (provided they do it right). I think that's the way it should be done.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Eustace+Jill wrote:^^ I'm so glad! It would have been pretty odd to switch to MN just yet, now that Eustace is just becoming the main character. :)

~Riella

Agreed. SC should come next, to capitalize on how very popular Eustace (as played by Will Poulter) has/will become.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Dec 07, 2010 1:42 am

Agreed king caspian! Horse and His Boy would fit nicely after Silver Chair, because people will see the Pevensie's again and after that MN, seeing the beginning of Narnia and in the last one the end of Narnia.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm

From my interview with him at the Beverly Center last month, I had an additional question for Michael Apted about dealing with slavery in Amazing Grace and in VDT.

But he answered it kind of indirectly by referring to Christian themes and making a movie for a broader audience; so I didn't send it in. And also the noise level got high then.

But I did ask a related follow-up question which is close to what I said (the red words I had to guess). But his answer on my recorder was very clear:

G. Glum: So the slavery side of Narnia is different from what you did before?

M. Apted: That's really in The Silver Chair. That's the next one.

It's not an official confirmation about SC's being the next film; but it does confirm he thought it would At least to me. :D
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Next