This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mousehunt!!!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Mousehunt!!!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 26, 2010 5:22 am

WELCOME TO GNAWNIA!!!!!

On March 7th, 2008, a new game was introduced to the Facebook population. This game, entitled Mousehunt, features varying mice, which players (who are called mouse-hunters) try to catch by using various combinations of traps, cheeses, bases, etc. . . Mousehunters do this due to the fact that the mouse population has overrun the borders of the country called Gnawnia. This Narnian reference has caused the game to be a rather large success amongst the NarniaWeb.com moderators, and now this wonderful game has come to the Spare Oom.

History: The game was first released for beta testing in early 2008, and is maintained, owned, and operated by Hitgrab Inc. Nine months after its release in March of 2008, it receieved a $250,000 (USD) grant from facebook, which has allowed the game to continue its growth, and has allowed for it to become one of the top played facebook games.

Playing the game: With more than 1000 different combinations of traps and bases, nearly 50 different cheeses, and more than 200 different mice species, there are tons and tons of reasons why this game is awesome! Some of my personal favourites are the Arcane Capturing Rod of Never Yielding Mystery (or ACRONYM for short),

Rumble Cheese:

And Curious Chemist mice,

So what about you? What's your current trap setup?
Where are you hunting?
What mice are you having trouble catching?
What's your favourite mouse? Cheese? Location?
What makes this game so addicting for you?

Useful Links:

The Mousehunt Application can be added to your facebook profile by clicking here.

The Mousehunt Wiki, featuring TONS of information as you progress throughout the game, can be found by clicking here.

LET'S TALK RODENTS!!!!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Re: Special Feature: Mousehunt!!!

Postby starkat » Oct 26, 2010 11:47 am

Question for fellow Hunters...

With this being a special event, should I stock up on the special cheese or just run through what I have?
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Kat, I plan on continuing to stock up on Candy Corn cheese and Ghoulganzola cheese, even though I'm done with the Halloween activities. The cheese is working well over in the lab (which is where I collect radioactive blue cheese potions for use in the Catacombs and beyond). So I'd stock up on it. Even after Halloween, I';m betting it'll be as good as swiss.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby fantasia » Oct 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Have a sneaking suspicion that this thread won't be terribly popular except with those of us who already play, but that's alright. :D

Where are you hunting?

I am currently hunting in the Wizards Tower. The Wizard's Tower for those who don't know, is a psuedo-chess game. There are two sets of "chess" mice, the Technic Mice and the Mystic Mice. To catch a set of mice, you must first catch 8 pawns, which unlocks the knights. You have to catch 2 knights to unlock the bishops. And then rooks, and then the queen, and then the king. The area is perhaps a bit more complicated than that as it is the first location in the game where you are penalized for not attracting a mouse at all. 8-}

What mice are you having trouble catching?

*coughs..clears throat... looks around sheepishly* Um... the Leprechaun Mouse. Yeah. ;)

What's your favourite mouse?

I think my favorite is still the Harpy Mouse. I just love that one.

Cheese? Location?

No favorite cheese really. My favorite location? Hmmm.... I know I was madly in love with the Catacombs for the longest time cause you make so much gold there. But as far as the interactive areas, I really enjoy the Tribal Islands and Balack's Cove. The new Wizard's Tower area is also really fun, but can be a huge headache as well. :P

Shall be back later to chat Mousehunt some more. :D

Oh, and in answer to your question Kat... .this is from one of their latest news releases
During the Halloween event Ghoulgonzola and Candy Corn cheese carry a very high attraction rate in not only the Haunted Terrortories, but many other hunting locations in the Kingdom. Their ability to attract mice is closely tied to the magic of the Haunted Terroroties, meaning they will be slightly less powerful when the Halloween event ends.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Oct 26, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks guys. Guess I will go ahead and keep up with tricking or treating then. :) I'm currently hunting in the Haunted Territories, but I'm heading back to the Seasonal Garden shortly. Having trouble catching Balack, mobsters, and Leprechauns. No favorite cheese or hunting location. I do like the Tribal Isles though.

Edit: One other question... How many times do we need to go through the mazes if we want to pick up everything we need for the shadow trap?
starkat

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 27, 2010 5:44 am

You just need to go through it one time. FK went through twice because she wanted both traps (one to keep and one to upgrade), but I only went through once. It's actually not a bad shadow trap either; probably comparable to the Bottomless Grave.

I have had one encounter with a mobster mouse. I about had a heart attack that I'd even seen one. But it was when I was fairly new to the game, and had a dippy little trap (I think it was the Mouse Trebuchet), and he got away without setting off the trap.

Do any of you guys know what you get if you catch a mobster, or where they seem to be lurking?
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby EtJ » Oct 27, 2010 8:05 am

So while it's not news to anyone here, I've been playing MouseHunt for a day or so. I've just been leveled up to Apprentice and moved from the Meadow to the Windmill. So far, with my SuperBrie and Wooden Base with High Spring Tension, I must say I'm doing pretty well.

Of course, I'm loving the name Gnawnia.
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby starkat » Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

You'll want your SB for other stuff later in the game, so you may want to save it and switch to another type of cheese for now.

Thanks Digs. I ended up going through twice. I have a ways to go in gold before I can have enough for all the parts for the upgraded trap.

As far as I know, they haven't announced where the mobsters are. Have you checked the forums?
starkat

Postby PrincessRosario » Oct 27, 2010 12:30 pm

*is stuck in the Dojo*

I HATE THE DOJO
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and along the way, lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
PrincessRosario
Moderator Emeritus
The Wanderer

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Oh my platypus...you aren't serious. This is awesome.

Right now, I'm in the haunted terrortories with an ambush trap on a firecracker base that is bated with candy corn. I'm not really having in trouble with, which I am thankful for.

As for me, this game isn't terribly addicting--it can get left alone for weeks. It does appear to be rather distracting to the rest of the team that I'm filming with. Honestly, though, if they'd just focus, I wouldn't even BE on facebook..... ;))

Ditto kat--save the SB+. That stuff is valuable.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 27, 2010 1:12 pm

*hugs PR* It's okay. . . I know. . . it's awful. Honestly, I don't know why the devs decided that that area had to be so difficult. It's very easy to get discouraged in there. Have you looked into starting into the catacombs for a nice break? The trap to head over there isn't too horribly expensive (316,500 I think) and the mice over there are with a whole lot of money. (doesn't know what rank you have right now though. . . ) Oh well, hang in there, it does get better. Even I'm not done with the dojo yet (but that dojo sensei mouse is going to pay for that very very soon!!!!!!)

PREPARE TO GO DOWN OLD MAN. . .er. . . MOUSE!!!!

ETJ, definitely save your Super Brie for later. Trust me, you'll need it more then then you do now.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Lady Arwen » Oct 27, 2010 1:21 pm

I guess I'm the only one that didn't have too bad of a time in Furoma? I still need the Sensei, but he'll come eventually...when I travel back there.

That said, my first treat mouse made off with my cheese.....
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Aww shucks, I'm sorry to hear that, Lady A. Does that mean that you have to start through the corn maze all over again? :(
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby TheGeneral » Oct 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Haha, the only Mousehunt I know about is that crazy movie with Nathan Lane =))
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Oct 28, 2010 9:41 am

I know I've asked this a bajillion times, but where do I need to go in the tribal isles in order to get the stuff needed to craft the thorned venus mousetrap (and craft it the fastest). I can't remember if it's Derr Dunes, Nerg Plains, or Elub Shores.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby starkat » Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

TheGeneral, this version is a facebook game. Tis a good game that mainly requires a little strategy and a little luck and only a little time.

Digs, you have to hit the Cape. But you need Gumbo first. To craft that, you have to go to Nerg to chase mice until you catch enough Savoury Veggies. Your best trap setup for Nerg is the strongest tactical trap you have along with gouda. Gouda's pretty much required for the tribal isles.
starkat

Next