This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Video games

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Video games

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 20, 2009 12:12 pm

TheGeneral, I think you're the only other NWebber who plays LotRO. I've been playing for a few months now. I started out with a minstrel, got him up to level 33 and got bored with it and switched to a hunter, which I've got up to level 43, about 10,000 XP away from level 44. I've got a few others, but I just use them them for crafting stuff.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 23, 2009 4:11 pm

I hear the Arkham Asylum game is to die for. My friend bought it and is in love with it. He's a pretty fast gamer, and it's taking him a while to beat it...Anyone else played it?
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Sep 23, 2009 7:34 pm

So I gotta ask, is anyone besides me totally addicted to Mousehunt on Facebook? :))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Shadowlander » Sep 24, 2009 6:32 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:So I gotta ask, is anyone besides me totally addicted to Mousehunt on Facebook?

I haven't heard of that one. I play Farm Town (which I'm really terrible at :(( ), Mafia Wars, which I'm okay at but still get whacked a lot despite my best efforts :(( , and just recently got into Farkle, which kind of reminds me of Yahtzee.
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby fantasia » Sep 25, 2009 7:23 am

My sister is really into Farm Town (or at least she used to be, dunno if she still is or not). I've never played that one. I've also never played Mafia Wars... not much into that type of game.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Sep 25, 2009 7:39 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:So I gotta ask, is anyone besides me totally addicted to Mousehunt on Facebook? :))

Me! And it's your fault! :P ;)) Ok so maybe not. Tis my own fault, but it is a fun game.
starkat

Postby FencerforJesus » Sep 25, 2009 7:47 am

I did Bejeweled Blitz for a while, but my computer and internet connection at school is making it very slow. My highest score was over 167,000. I also did Chain Rextion a little as well.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bartholmew » Sep 25, 2009 11:37 am

I play Bejeweled Blitz when I'm bored of RuneScape. My highest score I believe was only 120,000.

I shoot for over 100,000 every week... Normally when I get that goal I just stop till the next week. (Normally puts me up in the top 3 of my friends).

Though I don't have a lot of FB friends that play.
Pumbaa: “Anything we can do?” | Simba: “Not, unless you can change the past.” –The Lion King
Bartholmew
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 25, 2009 12:27 pm

I made it over 125,000 once. Never got any higher. Jints gets insanely high scores though. Every week she's over 120,000.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Bookwyrm wrote:TheGeneral, I think you're the only other NWebber who plays LotRO. I've been playing for a few months now. I started out with a minstrel, got him up to level 33 and got bored with it and switched to a hunter, which I've got up to level 43, about 10,000 XP away from level 44. I've got a few others, but I just use them them for crafting stuff.

Cool, glad to see a fellow Lotro-er ;)
I started playing about 19 months ago, I leveled a burg to 50 but wasn't really satisfied with my role in fellowships. So I made a captain and got to level 60, and am much happier B-)
It's a great game in my opinion. Still haven't beaten the watcher though
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Sep 25, 2009 4:34 pm

For any WoW players on here I'm only 4k gold shy of finally being able to make a Mekengineer motorcycle. Just 4k...if I throw in a bunch of dailies and get some regular quest work done I might could just pull it off by the end of next month. :D I'm the biggest spendthrift on that game...I don't put in a cent (or copper, if you prefer) into anything unless I absolutely have to, and it's finally paying off. B-)

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby SmileySmackdown » Oct 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Have any of you played Kingdom Hearts before???
"When the world around you crumbles, He will be strong."
Georgie Henley+ Long hair= Wonderful! :)
SmileySmackdown
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Yes i have played it once at a friend house. The game is alright. Not the worst but not the best. I hated the little mermaid level because all they did was sing.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Queen Swanwhite » Oct 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Lessee... I have a problem with starting and not finishing. ;) My husband is working on getting me into the gaming world.

I finished the first two-ish levels of Diablo on the PC. So far I find it boring, but I've been promised a pink xbox 360 controller if I finish it, sooo... ;)

When I'm super-bored, or in need of a work-out, I play Dance Dance Revolution on the regular xbox. I really need to finish Knights of the Old Republic II on that, too... but I've been avoiding it since forgetting to save and losing a bunch of progress. No, I haven't gotten far in it, but still...

In the meantime, I'm working through Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the 360. I. Love. This. Game. I know, it's not serious gaming, but it's awesome. I've finished The Phantom Menace and am now half-way through Attack of the Clones. It's slow-going, but at least I can say I'm doing it on my own. After I finish it, I think I'm gonna play Mass Effect and then either Bioshock or Prince of Persia.

I have a ton of games that I will need to get around to playing at some point, but it's hard when I still am not entirely sure of what I'm doing. I'm much better at Bejweled Blitz or Solitaire. ^_^

That's where I am in a nutshell... (got into gaming really after acting in The Guild...)
...understanding is a three-edged sword...
NW Sis of Susan Pevensie!
Queen Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheGeneral » Oct 05, 2009 9:21 am

Queen Swanwhite, The Guild is hilarious ;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Oct 05, 2009 5:01 pm

QS wrote:I finished the first two-ish levels of Diablo on the PC. So far I find it boring, but I've been promised a pink xbox 360 controller if I finish it, sooo...

Diablo is a pretty old game so the graphics aren't really much to look at anymore. I still have my original copy from 1996 and my friends and I poured a lot of time into that game in multiplayer. The single player game is kind of ho-hum, really. But if you play it multi-player it's actually a whole lot more fun. :) Diablo II is worlds better in every way, so if you can get through Diablo I it becomes a lot more enjoyable!

QS wrote:I really need to finish Knights of the Old Republic II on that, too... but I've been avoiding it since forgetting to save and losing a bunch of progress. No, I haven't gotten far in it, but still...

KotoR I was a really great game but KotoR II was kind of...almost good. I think the developers got a little lazy towards the end because the ending is really confusing and anti-climactic. If you can find a copy of the first game it's great fun though!

QS wrote:After I finish it, I think I'm gonna play Mass Effect and then either Bioshock or Prince of Persia.

Mass Effect is a fun game and there's a lot of ways to play your character. The plot is pretty good although elements of it have been recycled from other games. I absolutely love Bioshock and found that to be a deep and immersive game filled with a ton of theme. It's not quite as scary as it's spiritual predecessor System Shock 2, but you'll have a moment or two where you may jump out of your seat. Play it at night with the lights off for added effect! I haven't touched a Prince of Persia game since...oh, 1991? =)) So I can make no comments there.

Is this all on X-Box 360 or are you playing some of these on the PC? If you are playing some on the PC (notably Diablo) then might I recommend picking up a copy of Titan Quest? It takes the same Diablo/Diablo II style setup but all of the action takes place in ancient Greece and Egypt and you get to outfit yourself like a Spartan. :D

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

PreviousNext