This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The Evil and Dark Lair of the LoESRM

Postby coracle » Oct 16, 2010 11:03 pm

*Arrives to try the cappuchino machine, not needing to eat all she can eat*

Pish, what foolishness hath been spoken here. Some folly 'tis to believe darkness and fear are the companions of Truth! Do you not know that when Truth is seen, there is light and freedom?
If ye know not of this, then betake yourselves to yon cinema, and see what truth, light and freedom is shown when the film rolls... there the imprisoned characters are set free to roam across the world of the screen, they speak truth, and there is much light. And the minds of all who behold are amazed at the truth they now know.
Thus it is with spoilers. Many small lights shall be shewn forth here, but when the greater Light is lit, the Full Truth shall be revealed.

Therefore, I shine a new light for you all:
jedisaber.gif
jedisaber.gif (1.4 KiB) Viewed 9975 times

Ah, now I need the truth of this, ahem,blue lighted sword..... whomsoever giveth the truth thereof, he or she shall receive the next cup of cappucino!
big coffee.gif
big coffee.gif (4.55 KiB) Viewed 9975 times
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Ahem. I have not read a lot of spoilers but I seem to hear about a blue lighted sword. I have not seen the pictures. However, it seemeth to me from everyone else's speech to be very similar to Bilbo's sword in LotR, the one that lighteth up when Orcs neareth.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 17, 2010 11:43 am

^^ it is even so much like Bilbo's sword in the tale of the One Ring. yet I am still not worried that the story of the Dawn Treader's voyage will be in any way horribly marred. I have hope that this movie will be beautiful and also entertaining for all and I am eagerly waiting for the day when it shall come forth to the cinemas!
:D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 17, 2010 1:17 pm

I hath forgotten whether I hath mentioned that I hath made my decision to stick to the middle way. But I still send greeting to all of thou. Enjoy your splendid spoiler filled days.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 17, 2010 6:51 pm

narnian_at_heart wrote:However, it seemeth to me from everyone else's speech to be very similar to Bilbo's sword in LotR, the one that lighteth up when Orcs neareth.

*ears perk up at the name of her absolute favorite character in all of literature* Bilbo? :D Hmm... it does look a lot like his sword... I wonder if that's where the filmmakers got the idea??? They've been reading too much Tolkien... it's affecting their minds... It's okay... It's hapenned to us all...

I noticed something in the NarniaFaith spoilers that might enrage Lispians... :-s
Or maybe not. It depends on what it meant. It said something along the lines of Caspian being angry at Aslan for what he lost... could that mean Susan?
It could mean his father as well, especially considering that his father is mentioned later reportedly when they're at the world's end...

What do you guys think?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Puddleglum » Oct 17, 2010 8:39 pm

(Slipping past the mutant muts to check if anyone has cleaned up yet.)
Did I hear someone call Mr.Bilbo's blade a sword?
Well, for his size I suppose it would fit the bill, but to be accurat I believe it would be better called a large dagger. If I am right, though I admit I am quite possibly wrong, the historical name for such a blade would be a bilbo. Which would be fitting, and show a bit of humore on Mr. Tolkin's part.
(looking around) I guess I am not suprised to find no library in this place 8-| Lots of big screen TVs though. Your electric bill must be rather large.
Must be off. Be sure to feed those dogs, I see they have been eating table scraps. Very unhealthy for them.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Puddleglum wrote:Did I hear someone call Mr.Bilbo's blade a sword?
Well, for his size I suppose it would fit the bill, but to be accurat I believe it would be better called a large dagger. If I am right, though I admit I am quite possibly wrong, the historical name for such a blade would be a bilbo. Which would be fitting, and show a bit of humore on Mr. Tolkin's part.

By Jove, you're right. How could we have made such an error? We should be hung...
(That's really interesting about Bilbo's name, by the way. I hadn't known that before)

Is there really no library? Hmm... I thought I saw one... in the evil secret passageway... :ymdevil:

wolfloversk wrote:I hath forgotten whether I hath mentioned that I hath made my decision to stick to the middle way.

No, Wolfy!!!! Ahhh! Don't be sucked into the dark side! Er... light side? Anyway, the other side! What will we do without you... and your recipe for pumpkin pie... :((

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 17, 2010 10:25 pm

On the contrary! There is a remarkably large library hidden within a secret room behind the bank of plasma TVs showing all the trailers on a loop.

I suppose I'll stop trying to get something to eat the Marshwiggle since he did tell me something I never knew before. Bilbo is a type of sword, eh? Interesting. Now I want one for my History of Pointy Weapons display in the Mass Destruction annex.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 18, 2010 3:07 am

Prithee, wherefore didst thou grabst that notion? Bilbo a sword? Next thou wiltst tell me that Gryffindor's sword flasheth green as verdigris when it demolisheth those scurvy horcruxes! What shame for an elf or goblin-made sword!

Did thoust mention a library? A beautiful library? Like those marvellous repositories of yore? Like those temples of wisdom at Alexandria and Nineveh? Lead on, McBookwyrm! Forsooth I wouldst most earnestly desire to work in such a place! Hast thou consulted the scriptorium in yon abode? What tomes wouldst thou consult? For I am on a most wondrous quest, to seek the cur who hast inflicted grievous laws of copyright on the world. :D

Forsooth I mindst not that thou hast planted spoilers aplenty concerning that Dawn Treader Voyage. Hast I not also played awesomely at yon Harry Potter site, so as to read omens of doom and glory elsewhere?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Puddleglum » Oct 18, 2010 8:23 am

Behind the TV :-\

"leave in plane sight" is the game I suppose.

Glad to be of some help passing along info. Would that be considered a spoiler, even if it's not about VoDT?
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Oct 18, 2010 8:53 am

*dashes into the library looking for spoilers*

wolfloversk wrote:I hath forgotten whether I hath mentioned that I hath made my decision to stick to the middle way. But I still send greeting to all of thou. Enjoy your splendid spoiler filled days.

No! Don't go! We shall miss your presence greatly. :((

Puddleglum wrote:Did I hear someone call Mr.Bilbo's blade a sword?

That would be quite ironic, and humorous. Methinks you are right - at least according to Wikipedia [see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilbo_(sword)]
As a side note, have you located any eel stew yet on our extensive buffet?
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby FencerforJesus » Oct 18, 2010 9:15 am

It appeareth that the Worm of Books hath taken the bait that I, High Knight of the Order of the Spoiler-Free Monastery hath set up for such invasionous attempts that I expected ye to take. For the poison placed by ChristProclaimer in the cappacino maching thou claimeth thou art immune to was not to kill, but make ye unaware of the speach of the Order. For I hath seen and listen to many of thy members in thy Empire speak the tongue that thou hast attempted to ban.

Ye who hath spoken the tongue of the Order, ye may still repent of thy gluttonous and wicked ways. For the Order is open to all who repent even up until the day of the glorious viewing. Even if thou claimeth to view many Spoilers, thou shalt see that there art many rumors that may or may not be true. And if thou seeketh every type of Spoiler, thou shalt not be able to tell which are actual Spoilers of the Glorious Film and which are just bait for ye who will gluttonously eat at everything tossed at them. Come to the Order where thou mayest awat the glorious viewing with a pure mind. If thou haveth a favorite scene and the film makers decide to change it up, thy preparation for the viewing shalt be ruined before ye even see the film. By staying Spoiler Free, thou mayest vieweth the movie with the anticipation that they did the souce justice.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am

no, No, NO, NOOOOO!!! We will never fall to your evil tricks, FencerforJesus. We all uniteth against the monastery of the spoiler free. We are strong and no poison will taketh us away.

Although, I speak your tongue, I am not under your spell. Know that I hateth coffee and even the smell is of disgust to me (this is true actually) and although I speak like this, it is of my own free will.

WE WILL NEVER FALL!!!!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 18, 2010 11:36 am

FencerForJesus: in the time before LWW came to the cinemas, I tried the ways of the spoiler free domain. I am greatly saddened that I chose such a path. Therefore upon the coming of PC, I took up the ways of the Middle Way. But I can no longer go for such folly, as I personally see it. I have commited to the Spoiled Rotten way and can not even now turn back.
I wish you great joy in your Spoiler Free kingdom, but I myself will dwell here.

*goes to watch the trailer for the 100, 000, 000th time*
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Lady Galadriel » Oct 18, 2010 1:18 pm

*laughing over the mention of the bilbo*

Yes, the library contains over 2,000 copies of the CoN, which is open for us to read and compare with the spoilers. ;)

Beware, FencerforJesus, lest mingling amongst us for too long cause you to see a Plot Spoiler! :ymdevil: They roam about here uninhibited by the horrible thing called the "Spoiler Box." ymwhisle
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Eustace+Jill wrote:No, Wolfy!!!! Ahhh! Don't be sucked into the dark side! Er... light side? Anyway, the other side! What will we do without you... and your recipe for pumpkin pie... :((

What pumpkin pie recipe? I have no recipes for anything of pie or pumpkin, infact I don't have a single recipe. However if you so desire I shall leave behind a bunch of milkshakes :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

PreviousNext