This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lady of the Green Kirtle setup in VDT

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Lady of the Green Kirtle setup in VDT

Postby coracle » Jun 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Josh wrote:Coracle, where did it say that all references to the Silver Chair have been cut?
... but that doesnt mean all elements of the leaked script won't be in the movie. The director may have liked some of the ideas from the leaked script.
...but I canj see the Emerald Witch being subtly alluded to or foreshadowed or maybe even cameoed.

Josh, it says it in information from the production when we asked some private questions a good while ago. :) We KNEW people would be concerned about this one.
And if there are any elements of foreshadowing the LOTGK who lives far north of Narnia, largely underground, they will not involve Jadis or Tilda.
The colour green doesn't have to allude to LOTGK, it's allowed to be used in connection with the sea or other natural elements.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby king caspian » Jun 27, 2010 6:45 am

I don't think the White Witch is foreshadowing the Lady of Green Kirtle. Tilda does have green eyes and you can see them clearly in LWW in her close up shots. Though if they do bring Tilda back for Silver Chair I will be very against that. I hope it doesn't come to that either.
Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena
king caspian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Josh » Jun 28, 2010 6:11 pm

I thought that Tilda was green because that was the color of the fog around her...not because she actually is green.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Reepi » Jun 28, 2010 9:33 pm

And when we see Tilda transform into a snake, they will say: "No, it is totally.... NOT related to the Lady of the green Kirtle, we only did this because Snakes are used in connection with the sea and other natural elements!!!"

jk :p

And then in the trailer her eyes are very unusually green.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 29, 2010 2:10 am

The fog looked like a yellowish color to me instead of green. But I'm beginning to think that this isn't and shouldn't be a huge deal anymore. We were told professionally and legit that WW appears as only a dream and it took Tilda to do her scene for fifteen minutes in one day(including setting up the cameras angles and lighting without rolling the camera). It'll probably be like a split few seconds and nothing more of just a figment. The WW is dead and I'm sure the crew knows this. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Trufflehunter » Jul 26, 2010 11:55 am

Honestly, I do think they still might be leaning towards casting Tilda Swinton as the Lady of the Green Kertle. However, I think that Tilda has green eyes because the green smoke (which she is made up of) is green. I do not think they are referencing the LOTGK in this movie, but may be preparing behind-the-scenes to make the White Witch come back with even more power as the Green Lady.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 27, 2010 1:08 am

^ I disagree with that 100%. This is Dark Island, a place where your nightmares come true, a figment of the imagination/memory, fake, not really there, bamboozling scenery. It's probably this color because it is reflecting from the lanterns and to be honest, the smoke does not look green. It looks yellow :p

Point is Edmund is being forced to have this nightmare to reflect somewhat in how he is acting on the adventure and how to overcome that. That is why he went back to Narnia, to be tested and learn and go home. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Dinode » Sep 06, 2010 8:34 pm

^It's green. I get the feeling that most of the nightmares will have that color.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnialover4 » Oct 12, 2010 12:59 pm

If they cast Tilda as LGK, it will be hard to get adjusted to because I see her as the White Witch.
"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"
narnialover4
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aragorn2 » Oct 12, 2010 6:13 pm

They had better not use Tilda Swilton as the LOTGK, it isn't even hinted at in the book, it is just so inconceivable how anyone who has read the series could even think that
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous