This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

All new Production Photos

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

All new Production Photos

Postby pippovic » Oct 03, 2010 7:12 am

Hi Narniafans,

i scanned a couple of Photos from the production of VODT from a german Photo-Storybook called "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Pictures from Narnia". The Book with 48 pages and a lot of pictures was relesed a few days ago in Germany.

Most of the pictures we have seen in trailers or somewhere else so far, but there are a couple of new pics. I scanned only the important ones for all fans (I'm sorry for the not so good quality, but my scanner is very old).

Here we go:
Caspian with Lucy's gifts.

Lord Bern with a sword, he is handing it to Edmund.

Edmund with the sword from Lord Bern.

Lucy reading the book of the wizzard.

The text mentions a little clash between Edmund and Caspian at dragon cove/Goldwater.

Left page of a double-sided picture from Aslans table. I think the guys are looking up for Lilliandil.

Right page of the picture from Aslans table.

Ed, Lu, Caspian and Liliandil are looking at Dark Island in the distance from a hilltop.

Enjoy!

Greetings from germany
pippovic
pippovic
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: All new Production Photos

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 04, 2010 3:44 pm

A new view of Lucy's sleeve! Let the costumers rejoice! :D

Thank you so much!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Lady Galadriel » Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh, new pictures! Nice! Thank you! :D

Wow, Caspian and Edmund are really getting in each other's faces... ;))

Aslan's Table looks wonderful, even if Ramandu's Island gives me a creepy feeling. :-s Considering the look of Ramandu's Island in these pictures, I think the scene with Lilliandil from the first trailer (When she says "The fate of Narnia is depending on you") is on that island. What does everyone else think?
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby joy93 » Oct 04, 2010 4:36 pm

WOW!!!! Love the one of Caspian :D Man Edmund is really geting in Caspians face!!!! The table looks just like how I would have imagined it!!! Thanks alot for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Amazing finds pippovic! Love those pictures and Ramandu's Island doesn't look so bad as I thought. I wish a romantic looking picture could come out with Caspian/Lilliandil. But they might want to save for that a little later. Thank you! :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Shastafan » Oct 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you very much! I especially like getting a look of Edmund and Caspian fighting over the goldwater! And Ramandu's Island is fantastic! This has just made me even more excited for VDT! :D
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Wow great!!! And RD isn't glowing anymore #:-s !!!! Lucy looks great reading the Magician's book. Caspian kind of looks cheesy holding Lucy's gifts with a "warrior" sort of expression on his face. Lord Bern looks pretty wild; not sure how I feel about that yet...Deathwater looks good; way to get in Caspian's face, Edmund.
All in all, very interesting, pippovic! Thanks for the pictures!

Oh and welcome to Narnia Web!!! We're glad you're here! :ymhug:
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby hogglestock » Oct 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Interesting...Lord Bern's sword looks like it's been in a shipwreck, and he doesn't look too much like a well-to-do landowner. I wonder what they've done with him?
~Once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen.~
hogglestock
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Oct 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Vielen Dank!
Nice, clear pictures. Can't wait to see Caspian and Edmund face to face. Ramandu's Island is looking good as well. A bit more than 2 months, it's really getting close now.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks for tracking these down and posting these! We've had plenty of textual spoilers lately, but it's nice to finally see some new pictures.

Ben looks fantastic in all of these pictures. I can find myself believing in him being a king instead of the angsty prince from a few years ago. Amazing how much older a beard can make a guy look. ;))

I think it's a fairly safe bet that Bern's presence in the islands has been changed. I forget which report it was, but one did mention something about meeting a lord in the dungeons, so perhaps Bern has been a prisoner of Gumpas for the last twenty odd years. His sword looks grotty, definitely looks like it was under the water for a long time.

I do hope they haven't overdone Caspian's and Edmund's conflict. I'm not looking forward to a PC style catfight between the two.

Aslan's Table looks amazing. Exactly the way I pictured. The dead trees and vines are a bit odd though. Nice to see that Ramandu's Daughter has lost her radioactive glow. :D If we absolutely must have her be a full star hopping around from the land to the sky, I'd prefer her to not look like she's the number one cause of cancer in the DT crew.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Oct 04, 2010 9:41 pm

I seriously LOLed at that, Bookwyrm! Too bad Caspian doesn't get a nightlight. :p
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Movie Aristotle » Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

They've made Lord Bern look so old! He doesn't look like a guy who fell in love a few years back and decided to stay on the Island. Nor does he look like he might be a contemporary of Miraz's. I imagined him being quite a bit younger.

Why is Aslan's table is such a state of disrepair? A bench is broken in two.

It seems that the Dark Island is visable from Ramandu's Island as I expected. I can't remember why I expected it exactly... :-\ and I'm still wondering why they made this change.

Lilliandil is very toplit. I wonder why? It leaves a huge shadow across the front of her. If she's supposed to be a star, why didn't they light her from the front? -That way they'd get an even glow.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby decarus » Oct 05, 2010 5:03 am

The argument at death water looks to be in. I always liked that part in the book.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Oct 05, 2010 8:51 am

Oddly enough, i just got home from work to find the version of the book i ordered from Amazon.de had arrived in the mail today! I was just working on trying to translate the text :)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Elanor » Oct 05, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks for the awesome pictures!!! I love them all!!
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Susan's_look_a_like » Oct 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Thank you very much for the new pictures!! They help so much!!!
Like Narnia? Read Reading with the Heart: the Way into Narnia
d(^_^)b
Sig & avie: Checkers
Susan's_look_a_like
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next