This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia.com Updates... Big Time

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Narnia.com Updates... Big Time

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

I don't much like the dragon game.....it's kinda cheesy :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Shastafan » Oct 01, 2010 1:30 pm

The Dragon Creator is really cool! :D I also like looking at the backgrounds, icarus! I especially like the sixth one, but I'd like to know, is that moonlight coming from the hole in the ceiling? I hope it it, because this might be where Eustace finds out he's become a dragon. That would be great if they did the scene in the book when Dragon Eustace crys when he realizes how horrible he's been. :)

I also like the descriptions when you go over things, like "this island holds no mercy for the greedy." The one that describes dragons is the best, in my opinion. It's interesting to see how they're hinting that somebody, who's a "particularly unpleasant human" with a heart full of greedy, dragonish thoughts, might get turned into a dragon. Hm, I wonder who that could be... ;)

EDIT: Here's a dragon I made! http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1285967589_8801844022236764
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Here's my dragon. I don't much care for the selection of parts. It seems like they got "dragon" and "dinosaur" confused.
icarus wrote:Could that be the Blue Star slightly obscured behind one of the diamond symbols from the game control interface?
I think it might be. If you look at the picture of my dragon, that is the background I used and the controls are gone. I really hope someone can extract the backgrounds they are amazing.

220chrisTian wrote:Is anyone else having problems playing the Reep sword game? I can't even play it anymore, let alone submit a score! It doesn't matter if I go through games or through Narrowhaven Island. This is what I see. Reep walks but that's it! What's going on? The site, my browser, something else? HELP! :-s

The only problem I'm having is that it still refuses to give me an achievement. Did you hear anything back after you sent that email? I need to email them to see if I can get my achievement.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby icarus » Oct 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Pattertwigs Pal wrote:
icarus wrote:Could that be the Blue Star slightly obscured behind one of the diamond symbols from the game control interface?
I think it might be. If you look at the picture of my dragon, that is the background I used and the controls are gone. I really hope someone can extract the backgrounds they are amazing.

Ahh! Well that's one way to get the un-obscured backgrounds.... just create a blank Dragon and click the save button! Rather than getting an image of your newly created dragon you get just the background (admittedly with a Narnia logo in the corner). Then you can do a standard Print Screen on it. EDIT: duh, or even just Right Click and Save. lol. :)

See my blank backgrounds here:

Beach at Night
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 2936798931

Valley
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 1238521338

Canyon
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 9712389708

Rock Area
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 5563149155

Cave - Light
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 7480528653

Cave - Dark
http://www.narnia.com/us/games/dragon/1 ... 6422487200
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby checkers » Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

The dragon game is EXACTLY like this game I played on an old Land Before Time computer game we used to own. :P You would design a dinosaur, and it was just like this. :P I'm a crummy dragon maker though, and it appears as though I did not save my dragon out correctly, for I can't find it. :/ Oh well.
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 01, 2010 8:12 pm

*goes to pictures and saves*
icarus, thanks for the pictures. I wondered if one could create a blank dragon but thought that probably wouldn't be allowed. I didn't have the time to try either.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 02, 2010 2:05 pm

@Pattertwig: Narnia Support emailed me yesterday asking which link I'd used to access the sword game. They said I should have received the achievement for playing, but I never did. I then explained that since this past Wednesday (I think), I hadn't been able even to play the game, although I could still access it. I sent them the image of what the game looks like when I try to play it (as I've posted it here). This situation hasn't changed. Other fans can play the sword game and I can't. What's going on? :-s

I have now have 19,300+ points and 2 sails! Today, I got the 'wealth from the waves' achievement [finding 60 treasures] for 1000 points! :D

18000 pts = 2 sails
25000 pts = new ship, 1 sail, tail [?]
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8452/captureptk.png

AJAIKEN is #8
ICARUS is #16
PATTERTWIG is #50
KELLEY / 220CT is #68
220chrisTian

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 02, 2010 4:30 pm

220chrisTian wrote:@Pattertwig: Narnia Support emailed me yesterday asking which link I'd used to access the sword game. They said I should have received the achievement for playing, but I never did. I then explained that since this past Wednesday (I think), I hadn't been able even to play the game, although I could still access it. I sent them the image of what the game looks like when I try to play it (as I've posted it here). This situation hasn't changed. Other fans can play the sword game and I can't. What's going on? :-s
I haven't a clue what is going on. I'll email them too. If everyone who is having problems getting the achievement emails them they will have to acknowledge there is a problem.
*heads off to send email*
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Dinode » Oct 03, 2010 11:49 am

I can't even get the dragon maker to start! :( I click on the dragon, click on start game, and nothing happens! :(( It's not on the games page, I checked.

All of you who have posted your dragons saying that they look terrible, I couldn't agree more. :p

EDIT: I was able to access it from the link in the Word on the Street section.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 04, 2010 12:39 pm

@ Patterwigs Pal and 220christian: I've been having problems getting the achievement too :(
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Urnus » Oct 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I haven't had any trouble accessing the game, but I can't seem to get the achievement. I sent them an email and got a reply giving me instructions on how to get the achievement, which I had difficulty not laughing at. Needless to say they didn't work (again). I replied to the e-mail. We'll see what they say.
Urnus
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Movie Aristotle » Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am

I haven't been able to get an achievement for ANY of the games on Narnia.com. I'm starting to feel left out. :(

On a totally unrelated note:
I was able to disembark on Goldwater from my ship today. The interesting thing is that I was brought to cartoonnetwork.com where Goldwater was featured in an advertisement. :-\ Hmm... interesting. Last month Narrowhaven was featured on Nick.com, now Goldwater at Cartoon Network. What's next? The Dark Island at Disney Channel?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shastafan » Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm

If you click on Games on Narnia.com, you get a glimspe of the dragon's head! Not quite what I imagined it to look like, but I think I'll learn to love it when we see more of it. :)

It does have what I suggested in a different topic, which is that some of Eustace's characteristics should be on DragonEustace. The dragon's eyes look kind of blue-greenish, although that's probably just me. And it's even the same colors as the vest Eustace was wearing and also his room. On the same topic, Trufflehunter pointed out that at the end of the Pre-Visualizing Narnia feature from PC, you actually get a quick glimspe of the dragon, and it's a goldish color. I think we can be sure that the dragon was planned to be that color a looooong time ago. ;)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Movie Aristotle wrote:I haven't been able to get an achievement for ANY of the games on Narnia.com. I'm starting to feel left out. :(
That's weird and not fair. They seem to have a lot of glitches. Personally, I think it is rigged. :p Although how I managed to get on the "favored" list for being in the top 100 I'll never know. :-?? You are welcome to join the group of "people missing achievements" and "people who are missing achievements and have emailed Narnia Support" :ymhug:
I'm still waiting to hear back for them.

Movie Aristotle wrote:On a totally unrelated note:
I was able to disembark on Goldwater from my ship today. The interesting thing is that I was brought to cartoonnetwork.com where Goldwater was featured in an advertisement. :-\ Hmm... interesting. Last month Narrowhaven was featured on Nick.com, now Goldwater at Cartoon Network. What's next? The Dark Island at Disney Channel?
I noticed that when I went to the site today. I don't understand why they are doing this. :-\ I don't like it, although I think I don't have to see everything others do because Firefox blocks it. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to keep logging in. I absolutely love your suggestion for Dark Island. =))
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Urnus » Oct 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Yipeee... I'm finally in the top 100. Not for long I suspect, but oh well.
Urnus
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby icarus » Oct 11, 2010 11:23 am

An interesting picture popped up on Flickr today from the photostream of SoapCreative, the team who created the official Narnia Website.

It's a little concept sketch for the Reepicheep Sword Training game. Don't know why, but something about it makes me laugh every time. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soapcreative/5067254909/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext