This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Two most powerful scenes in Narnia

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Re: Two most powerful scenes in Narnia

Postby De_De » Aug 15, 2010 9:32 am

#1 Would be Aslan coming from the dead

#2 Is when Aslan creates Narnia
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Narnian_Archer » Aug 15, 2010 10:15 am

I agree with De_De

1# Aslan rising from the dead

2#Aslan creating Narnia

In my opinion, those definately do qualify as the most outstanding scenes in the Narnia books
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shy Galadriel » Aug 16, 2010 12:30 pm

The absolute number one for me would have to be the scene where Shasta is walking alone with the horse and Aslan comes along beside him. It never fails to give me goosebumps and make me tear up. I am usually a fast reader (I read Tolstoy's Anna Karenina in one week) but whenever I read that segment I always read, re-read, and read it to myself out loud. Love love love LOVE that scene!!! So powerful! I like it as my number one scene because the three-fold "I AM" just rocks.
The second most powerful scene would be Lucy and Ed's departure from Narnia in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. That one also gives me the shivers and makes me tear up. Note something here, both of my favorites have to do with Aslan being displayed as Jesus. Interesting, n'est pas?
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Tarkheena » Aug 17, 2010 3:40 pm

#1: The part in The Magician's Nephew when Aslan sings Narnia into existence.:) I love it for two reasons.

First, C.S. Lewis wrote the scene itself to life, and it's beautiful. Second, I can imagine the beginning of our world looking something like that. After all, scientific study has proven that plants grow slightly faster if you play music around them. And the word "said" in the Bible when God speaks life into the world could also be "sang" according the original Hebrew. ;) I bet Lewis knew that when he wrote that scene.

#2: The part from Voyage of the Dawn Treader when Aslan undragons Eustace.

Eustace tries to undress himself, can't, and realizes that only Aslan can. He lays down and Aslan peels off his skin. It hurts horribly. When his skin is gone, he jumps into the water and washes away all traces of the dragon. That hurts too - at first. It feels wonderful after the initial sting.

Finally, once he's clean, Aslan dresses him in new clothes.

@-) The symbolism there is so powerful.

There's a dozen other powerful scenes throughout the series, but those two are my favorite.
avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb
Tarkheena
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous