This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Does Aslan get younger

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Does Aslan get younger

Postby Sir Edmond the just » Jan 11, 2019 7:00 am

My question was weather Aslan gets younger, for at least some time. This is why i thought this.

"She would have known that when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitors stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards. And now-"

"Oh yes. Now?" said Lucy jumping up and clapping her hand.

"Oh, children," said the Lion "I feel my strength coming back to me. Oh, children, catch me if you can!" He stood for a second, his eyes very bright, his limbs quivering, lashing his tail.

So i thought that when he said that death itself would work backwards that he would get younger. Also he seemed more lively after, which brought me to think that perhaps Aslan was getting younger.

On the other hand he said that Death would work backwards i thought that perhaps he would just come back to life.
“Awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
Sir Edmond the just
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Does Aslan get younger

Postby Col Klink » Jan 11, 2019 7:30 am

I'm pretty sure your second explanation is correct. Death working backwards means that the formerly dead Aslan returned to life.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut