This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What book's storyline would you experience?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

What book's storyline would you experience?

Postby SilverSea » Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

If you were to experience one of the books storyline's from the POV of the main characters, what book would it be?

Would you like to experience the death of Charn and the creation of Narnia like Diggory and Polly? Would you sail the Dawn Treader and explore all of the islands and reach the World's End like Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace did?
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: What book's storyline would you experience?

Postby De_De » Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am

I think I would like to experience Lucy's first discovery of Narnia! I always loved that part in the book (and movie). I think it would be great to experience that awe and wonder from finding snow in the back of a wardrobe ;) And of course, seeing the lamppost, meeting Mr. Tumnus, having tea with Mr. Tumnus...ahhh it would be great :D
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby DamselJillPole » May 21, 2015 2:03 am

The time when Lucy went to find the spell book in the Magician's mansion. I like anything mysterious which is why I chose this scene from the book.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia fan 7 » Mar 05, 2016 1:14 pm

I would definitely want to experience the Voyage of the Dawn Treader sailing in too the unknown and seeing the things at the end of the world would be truely amazing.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby King_Erlian » Mar 07, 2016 6:54 am

Difficult choice. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is tempting but I have a bit of a phobia concerning boats - not quite as bad as Eustace (the Isle of Wight ferry is no problem at all) but weeks or even months on a sailing ship would be a bit much. The Magician's Nephew... I'd be fascinated with all the inter-dimensional travel, plus the creation of a world. Maybe I'd be a bit too much like Uncle Andrew for my own good. The Last Battle - experiencing travelling into ever-more-real Narnias would be mind-blowing.

But I think I'll go for The Horse And His Boy. Difficult, dangerous, but the rewards so much outweigh the hardships.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Mar 08, 2016 12:48 am

Much as I would like the VDT storyline, having actually seen that lovely boat, which was used in Walden's filming, and stood on its deck, I really would prefer the storyline of HHB.

Spending time with a horse that could talk, or even any animal that could talk, though I might not always like what I hear. Riding to Tashbaan and beyond on a mission, across the desert, to be received by King Lune as a most appropriate and worthy messenger whose message saves the day. And most of all, to meet Aslan on the mountain top in that wonderful scene where he proclaims that he was with Shasta all along. And Aravis as well.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

I notice that no one has even considered The Silver Chair. Poor Jill, Eustace and Puddleglum. ;))

I've always had difficulty with this question because a number of them tempt me for various reasons, but I think I'll go with The Horse and His Boy. Plenty of natural beauty to take in while traveling through different types of terrain, and I think the court of Archenland would suit me well. I also haven't ridden a horse in a very long time and rather miss it. Being able to talk with one would be amazing!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Either where Lucy first enters Narnia (LWW) or where Shasta meets Bree (HHB)... I have a craving for adventure and discovering new places. And if I could turn around and have a horse talk to me that would be awesome! XD (Maybe not the whole about to be sold into slavery part, but they made it out okay in the end, right? :P )
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby fledge1 » Jun 21, 2017 3:27 pm

I would love to be riding with Shasta in HHB, mainly the part where he is walking beside Aslan. That whole scene gets me every time. Or the first time he hears Bree talk to him. Oh to see his face would be perfect.
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 13, 2019 10:59 am

I think I would love to be apart of all the adventures that the Pevensies had as Kings and Queens. We only had a glimpse in HHB when they are talking about Peter battling the giants of the giants of the north and I can’t imagine all the adventures they are went on.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cleander » Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm

I would most likely want to go on the quest in the Silver Chair. The idea of journeying into bleak Northern Mountains on a mysterious mission is kind of, well, thrilling! (And getting to carry swords and bows kind of appeals to me as well. :D )
And what boy hasn't wished himself in Peter's shoes in the LWW? Being made a knight, a general and a king in the space of a few days, while fighting and winning a battle... it doesn't get much cooler than that.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sir Edmond the just » Feb 17, 2019 5:42 am

Probably when All the pevencies see the real Narnia in the last battle.
“Awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
Sir Edmond the just
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Feb 17, 2019 9:04 am

Probably seeing the creation of Narnia.
Secondly, meeting Puddleglum and travelling across the landscape with him.

These are only parts of adventures. Other parts I would like are those where a new arrival in Narnia meets several of the non-human residents for the first time (eg Caspian or Shasta),
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Col Klink » Feb 17, 2019 10:50 am

I would do The Magician's Nephew. The main characters have the least harrowing journey. They don't have to cross an ocean or a desert or a giant-inhabited moor. They don't have to fight anything physically. And they get to fly on a horse and see Narnia coming to life. The dying mother thing would be kind of a downer though...
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian78 » Feb 23, 2019 8:27 pm

The sea voyage in Voyage of the Dawn Treader was always the most interesting Narnia experience for me. I would love to live that adventure in real life. The experience was probably the best seen through through Lucy Pevensie's eyes, but if you are a man like me it would be great to be King Caspian too. Of course Eustace had a better attitude after he changed, but he missed much of what was great in the voyage by causing problems for everyone else. He did have a really good encounter with Aslan. I think for me the Dawn Treader (both the ship and the book) was like a dream come true.
Narnian78
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ryadian » Mar 03, 2019 9:29 am

I'm tempted to say HHB, mostly because it's my favorite book and, other than TLB, it's the one that the most takes place in the Narnian world. Buuut I can't stand heat and a trip through the desert would not end well for me.

Would it be cheating to say TLB just so I can go to True Narnia at the end? Of course the battle itself is the most harrowing thing in any of the books and it would be so painful to have to watch Narnia die, but... every time I meet up with NarniaWebbers in real life and then we have to leave again, I wish a little more for going to a True NarniaWeb where we can always spend time together in person, and with our families and non-Narnia friends around, with no fear of a job to go back to. Like in the book itself, I think the reward might be worth it.

Otherwise, I'd probably say The Magician's Nephew. You get to see three different worlds other than ours, if you include the Wood Between The Worlds, and two of them would be so beautiful to see.
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Next