This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Was The Best King?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Who Was the Best King?

Peter
41%
Edmund
14%
Caspian
14%
Rilian
No votes
Tirian
18%
Other
14%

Total votes : 22

Re: Who Was The Best King?

Postby Lilygloves » Sep 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I think that Peter is a popular king because we know the most about him. It's not like the others were bad kings aside from the expected minor flaws, but we hear the most about Peter. I would have to agree that I loved Frank before he became the king. He was sensible and took charge even before he became king. He was such an honest person and genuinely cared about being a good king. He definitely displays humbleness.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnia fan 7 » Oct 28, 2013 6:13 pm

I choose the High King Peter not saying the other Kings where bed but overall I think Peter was the best.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby jewel » Feb 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Other than Aslan, high king Peter. Rilian was a foolish prince, and Tirian, whom is one of my favorites, nevertheless, didn't keep watch of Narnia very well. That's house the false Aslan rose up.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby EmpressJadis » Jun 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, I guess I have to say Edmund. In the books, he is level and clearheaded. And then in Prince Caspian, he was a lot wiser and calmer than Peter! But he's also just my fave character!
EmpressJadis

Just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget

The Call, Prince Caspian
(Song by Regina Spektor)
EmpressJadis
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 05, 2014 10:35 am

What sort of criteria does one use to determine the best king? We're told that Peter and Edmund made good laws; Caspian is beloved by his people; and they all served Aslan.

I'm biased toward Peter since he's invested with the title High King... but then I like Edmund, Frank, Tirian, and Lune as characters. And Caspian. And Rillian.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 05, 2014 12:15 pm

For me, I think it's a toss-up between King Frank, first King of Narnia, and Tirian, last King of Narnia. The cabby is such a wonderful character; he is so humble and good-natured and he took such good care of Strawberry/Fledge. Frank was the perfect person to become the first king of Narnia. King Tirian, on the other hand, remained steadfast and faithful to Aslan even when it looked as though all hope was lost, and was a comfort to his people in a time of great distress. He is an inspiration.

I have to say, though, all of the kings (except for Miraz, of course!) that appear in the Narnia series are wonderful people and excellent monarchs. It makes it very hard to choose! ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Previous