This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Poll - Reading the books: First impressions…

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

What, if any, impression did you get after reading the Narnia books for the first time?

There was a sense of something special and magical about them.
93%
They were just nice stories, nothing special though.
5%
Didn’t like them that much the first time.
No votes
Other – Please share
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Reading the books: First impressions…

Postby Valiant » Oct 23, 2010 12:19 pm

The first time I read LWW I was so captivated by how magical Narnia was and how interesting the story was. I love reading in general but I knew at that moment I have found something very special.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Poll - Reading the books: First impressions…

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 02, 2010 6:35 am

I read the LWW first andi knew I would have to read the others, it took me several months to find them looking through the book sections of thrift stores since I had very little spending money at the time. I found them in the order LWW, PC, HHB, MN, SC, VDT and LB.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wild rose » Nov 03, 2010 11:22 am

I knew the books where special and magical from the moment we first started reading them. My brother read them to us before bed and I would dream about Narnia in the night. My brother would only read a certain amount of chapters at a time and we would beg him to read more
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Valiant » Nov 06, 2010 12:51 pm

When I read LWW, I knew it would be one of my most favorite books. :)
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Josh » Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm

The problem is I never read the books first.

I saw the animated LWW when I was 4. Though it would probably not be good for me today, I loved it when I was that age. I found the story facinating and I loved the characters and the whole world of Narnia. At the time I thought it was the only Narnia related story. Around the age of 6, my dad read to me and my little brother "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." At age 7 I saw the BBC Silver Chair and thats when I realised that Narnia was a series. About a year later I saw the BBC LWW and PC/VDT. At the age of 8 I also listened to the Focus on the Family Radio drama of the Magician's Nephew. I found that Radio drama facinating and started to listen to each of the dramas until they had made all 7.

Then after hearing the dramas in chronological order, I read the books in random order.

THEN when I was 12, I was blown away when I first saw the trailer for the movie (cause until then I had only seen a akward cartoon and cheap BBC adaptation). And then I did a project on the LWW book for school and finished it the day before the movie came out. When I saw the movie I was blown away.

I joined Narniaweb 2 years later just about a month before the trailer for PC was released in the December of 2007.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Previous