Favorite Book (and book rankings)

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: Varnafinde, DiGoRyKiRkE

Which of these awesome books is just a bit more awesome than the rest?

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (LWW)
10%
Prince Caspian (PC)
4%
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (VDT)
24%
The Silver Chair (SC)
15%
The Horse and His Boy (HHB)
20%
The Magician's Nephew (MN)
11%
The Last Battle (LB)
16%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Book (and book rankings)

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 1:01 pm

#1. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
#2. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
#3. The Magician's Nephew
#4. The Silver Chair
#5. The Horse and His Boy
#6. Prince Caspian
#7. The Last Battle

My reasoning on The Lion, The With, and the Wardrobe is for one it was the book that started it all off for me. Mr. Tumnus is my favorite character and he is an amazing part of the story. Plus the story just never gets old for me. I can read over and over and it is always like I am reading something fresh.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Valiant_Nymph » Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm

1. LWW is my favourite. It sparked my imagination and sense of adventure in a way no book really has since then. It inspired me to learn how to write (because I wanted more adventurous stories with Mr. Tumnus and the beavers, etc :ymblushing: ). It just felt the most magical out of all the books.

2. HHB. I love the sense of adventure in this book. I also identified with Shasta's belief that he was made for more than the life he was living. And Aravis is one of my favourite characters in the series!

3. SC. Very exciting story. Loved the description of Underworld. Also loved the themes in this book.

4. LB. Sad story, but also inspiring. I found it epic!

5. MN. I thought the world between the worlds concept was really cool, loved Charn and enjoyed seeing the origins of Jadis and the Wardrobe.

6/7. I'm honestly not a fan of PC of VDT, although I'm not sure which one I'd rank better. I know PC is usually ranks low on people's list. I found the structure awkward, I wish Miraz was more developed as a villain. This might be horrible to other viewers but besides some cringe worthy bits (such as Suspian), I actually enjoyed the movie structure better (please don't hurt me!) :-s

So I know many people love DT. And I like some of the themes. But I really, really dislike episodic tales. So maybe this is a good book, but it just isn't my type of book.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia_kitty » Dec 07, 2018 6:33 pm

You know it's funny... I'm reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to my kids for the first time....
I still think my favorite is The Silver Chair because there's so much in there that connects with me personally, but I think LWW is the best book and probably my second favorite. It's sooo good.
fantasia_kitty
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Previous