This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Male

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Choose which of these lucky lads you like the most.

Edmund (LWW/PC/VDT)
38%
Peter (LWW/PC)
17%
Eustace (VDT/SC)
9%
Digory (MN/LWW)
6%
Shasta (HHB)
6%
Corin (HHB)
1%
Caspian (PC/VDT)
11%
Rillian (SC)
2%
Tirian (LB)
9%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Narnian Male

Postby georgiefan1 » Feb 06, 2011 12:40 pm

I chose Edmund- I really love him in the books!! (and movies :D )
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm

I picked Edmund. He changed so much, going from helping the White Witch to almost dying in order to defeat her. I especially loved seeing him in HHB. :D
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucy85 » Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm

I've always been a Caspian girl ;) I used to have the biggest crush on him in the books! However I'm also a big Edmund and Eustace fan too. However Caspian still wins out!
Wrong will be right when Aslan comes in sight / At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more / When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death / And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again
Lucy85
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Minty » Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I voted Eustace! (When I first read the books, I read his name as Eustance, with an 'n'. Don't ask me why; my mind just put an 'n' in there for some reason.)

Eustace is such a cool character. He goes from being snobby, annoying, and rude, to being a true hero. When he makes his turnaround, he still retains some of his classic-Eustace qualities that make him unique: intelligence, practicality, and wit. He is one of the characters that really makes me laugh. Plus, he's not brave like most heroes; he has his doubts and he's scared of fighting. That makes him more likable and easier to relate to, in my opinion, because, honestly, how many of us would jump into battles like Peter or Edmund? I'm guessing more people would be like Eustace.

But I'm wondering why the poll says "VDT/SC". What about Eustace in LB? He has a pretty major part in that.
Minty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Also picked Eustace. Pretty much for everything mentioned above, especially his relatability and his being brave and not necessarily knowing it as Minty mentioned. That's displayed even more in LB.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Conina » Feb 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Tirian - he made the best out of a bad situation and he did it with honor and dignity until the end.
"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning." -C.S. Lewis
Conina
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 16, 2011 6:40 pm

I think tirian too. He never gave up and i love it wen he threw shift in the stable. :D :D

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm

:) Gosh...its so hard to choose but i'll say Eustace because he is just so funny! and I love how he goes from a moaner to a hero...I think he has one of the best character stories!
Plus, I just found out that the female variation of Eustace, Anstace means 'one who will be reborn!' and that is so cool because Eustace is kind of reborn after the undragoning! Coincidence or not?!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Edmund_The_Just » Mar 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Edmund, of course ;) I just do love his character development (especially in LWW where he allies with the White Witch first, but is willing to sacrifice himself for his brothers and sisters later on). And Skandar did a wonderful job portraying my favourite character :)
Edmund_The_Just
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Mar 22, 2011 9:58 pm

I voted Caspian, just because he had a pretty tough life. When we first meet him he's pretty much an orphan whose uncle is out for his blood. And in his old age he loses his wife and only son, yet he continues to go on ruling Narnia and he never loses his faith in Aslan.

Tirian is great. He kept the faith through the worst crisis Narnia had ever seen, but I don't think it beats what Caspian had to go through, because Caspian had his own personal crisis which he had to deal with on his own for ten years. I'm not sure how long the events of LB lasted but I know it wasn't ten years.

Aslan didn't send help right away for Caspian. He had to wait and he didn't see his son again until he was about to die. I can't imagine having to go ten years without knowing if a loved one was even alive. Caspian not only did that, but he kept trusting Aslan even through it all. It really shows a great maturity from Caspian in VDT. Reading about his life is just cool.

My second favorite (pretty close second) is Rilian. He's an interesting character. I think his story paints an amazing picture of redemption... As does Edmund's. But I like Rilian better. :p There's also a lot of mystery surrounding him since he's only really featured in the latter part of one of the books.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

I voted Digory Kirke, both young and old he is one of my favorite characters. I like him because of his tough situation he is in with him living away from home and his mother is dying, and whatever things in his life that make things hard.

In Narnia, he finds comfort in Aslan, and gains wisdom. I also like Digory because of his wisdom in later life.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Alice_WL » Oct 02, 2011 12:18 pm

I was gonna pick Edmund, but after I thought about it a while, I chose Digory. He has so many worries and frustrations with his life, and was tempted by Jadis in some of the worst ways that a child could be, ways that he had to over come. And unlike Edmund, Digory was trying desperately to save his dying mother. He just comes off as a likable character to me.. ^_^
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wizardjna » Oct 05, 2011 8:26 am

I choose Digory he is an unafraid boy for the adventure... definitively I choose him
Make your choice, adventurous Stranger; Strike the bell and bide the danger, Or
wonder, till it drives you mad, What would have followed if you had.
wizardjna
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Gildor_Inglorion » Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Edmund has always been my favorite. He just.... changed so much. And he's so imperfect: that usually makes a character a lot more likable. ;)
Gildor_Inglorion
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Rosalia » Feb 06, 2012 11:48 am

I liked Peter, Edmund, Caspian, Rillian, Cor, and the others, but King Tirian was my favorite. He seemed so desirous of following and submitting to Aslan that he even gave himself up as a prisoner to the Calormenes. I also liked how he encouraged Eustace to be a warior for Aslan. (For Eustace, Caspian was the first authority figure that would actually back up limits, and the adventure to rescue Rillian made a man of him, but I thought that Tirian brought out the best in him.) He was very kind to Jill, ( I felt sorry for him having an untrustworthy, disobedient member of his party, as much as I really like Jill), and let her opinion of Puzzle change his mind about killing the donkey then and there. He seemed to be a good blend of flexibility and leadership, and he fought for Aslan and what was right)
Great fun to talk about Narnia with other fans!
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SilverChair » Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm

I've always been drawn to Rilian. Well, I've always been drawn to The Silver Chair - haha. Rilian's story and character arc goes from tragic to redeeming. Really interesting! While he is bewitched, he comes across as this bizarre mixture of mystery and daze. His nightly psychiotic episodes add to the atmosphere too. I always found this to be creepy and fascinating at the same time. The tension and drama that occurs before he is released from the Silver Chair is great too! I could keep going, but I'll stop - haha.
SilverChair
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext