This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Male

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Choose which of these lucky lads you like the most.

Edmund (LWW/PC/VDT)
38%
Peter (LWW/PC)
17%
Eustace (VDT/SC)
9%
Digory (MN/LWW)
6%
Shasta (HHB)
6%
Corin (HHB)
1%
Caspian (PC/VDT)
11%
Rillian (SC)
2%
Tirian (LB)
9%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Narnian Male

Postby Lady Haleth » Jun 03, 2010 5:17 am

Very close between Edmund and Caspian, but I finally picked Caspian. His faith in the Old Narnians finally being proven true is great. But I liked him best in VDT, where he kept getting into arguments about gold and running off to the end of the world and stuff like that; so Aslan has to appear to make him stop being such a spoiled brat. It made him seem more real--sure, he's the great king, but he makes mistakes too.
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 07, 2010 6:11 pm

I voted for Peter because I like his character so much. He really cares for his siblings so much. I like the scene in LWW where he was trying to cheer up Lucy and he was sorry (to Lucy) for not believing her. *sigh* He's a very good brother, a very very good one. :)

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Leah B. » Jun 17, 2010 6:00 am

I like Edmund, because his transformation is so exciting. And then he was pretty epic in PC. :)

NW triplet to Bartholmew and ForeverFan.

NW sis to Jadisfan356 and Horse_Lover

Leah B.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Boy Scout » Jun 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Only four votes for Digory? I like him because, even though he freed Jadis, (What on Earth/Charn were you thinking?!?) he did what was possible to fix his mistakes. Way to go Dig!
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Haleth » Jun 21, 2010 6:17 am

I like him, especially when he's grown up. He has one of the best lines
What do they teach them at these schools?
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Pepper Darcy » Jun 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm not sure... I can't vote. I think Edmund, Peter, Eustace and Digory all have some great pluses. Ed and Peter are definately high up there. Ed probably is just beyond Peter. Eustace definately more a favourite than Peter, perhaps even beats Ed. I'm not sure. It's almost a draw between Ed and Eustace. And Peter's just about there. I think it would have been easier to choose, and I think I would have said 'Peter! hands down' if he had a much better attitude in the movie adaption of PC. Something about him being High King above all the rest makes him noble and glorious.

Of the Narnian born kings, I'd definately say Tirian!

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:
Pepper Darcy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Boy Scout wrote:Only four votes for Digory? I like him because, even though he freed Jadis, (What on Earth/Charn were you thinking?!?) he did what was possible to fix his mistakes. Way to go Dig!

Yeah! Way to go Digory! I like his character too, he was a gentleman too to his mother and Polly. I loved him the most when he was in the situation of temptation because of the witch in the garden in MN, good thing he still believed in Aslan, three cheers for Digory!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Josh » Jul 12, 2010 9:38 pm

In the movies, Peter is my favorite character. Yes, I like movie Peter. His character is given a bit more depth and a better character arc. I agreed with him in almost all of the decisions he made (and and furious at Caspian for screwing up the night raid). He didnt have that bad of an attitude. Yeah the train fight wasnt needed, but almost every guy gets in a fight sometime when they just could have let the problem go. Its just human. Peter also felt responsible, even though it wasnt his fault, for the trouble Narnia was in and everything he did was to try to make things right.

I also liked him in LWW (books and films) for just being a good leader and trying to be a good brother to Edmund.

In the books though, I would have to say Tirian. He's just cool.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby LuvNarnia » Jul 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Wow a lot of people did Edmund! I wish we could have one of these things for the girls too! I picked Caspian because I love his character all around, he can be pretty bad at times but at other times he is pretty good too! I can understand why a lot of people picked Edmund, how he betrayed them and then changed so much. But anyway, I like Caspian the best!
LuvNarnia

God gives grace to the humble

av: Wunderkind_Lucy sig: lover of narnia

Proud member of the Skillet club, and a member of the Tenth Avenue North club!
LuvNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm

LuvNarnia, we do have a thread for the girls. Here is a link:

Click Here
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm

My vote is for Eustace. He seems to me to be the character with the most depth in the series. He was so hilarious before he was changed, back in the beginning of Dawn Treader. Then, the experience that changed him was one of the best parts of that book. And after he was changed, he seemed to me to be the nicest of all the characters. I loved his patience with Jill Pole, and his slow change from a coward and a brat to a Christian and a hero.
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby fastblondie » Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am

Caspian b/c hes brave and puts his crew/people before hime (most of the time). Although Peter and Edmund are close seconds....
"Ah, you've come from over the water, powerful wet stuff, ain't it?" -Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
fastblondie
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Shastafan » Aug 11, 2010 11:42 am

I really like them all, but I chose Eustace, because he's an annoying little person, who changes into a better person, although he can still be a pain in the neck. It's such an emotional and spiritual scene when he lets Aslan take his scales off when he was a dragon. What a great way to show redemption! :)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby jesus_girl2016 » Aug 19, 2010 5:15 pm

I'd almost pick Peter or Edmund, because I LOVE their characters in the books and I love them in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. But I'm not impressed with their characters in PC :P . But I picked Caspian because I have ALWAYS been impressed and pleased with his character, even in the movies (dispute the whole Susan thing 8-| ). So I like Caspian best :) .
jesus_girl2016
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Sep 02, 2010 5:48 am

I said Peter but I like both Peter and Edmund :D

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Sep 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Peter and Edmund have their own characteristics so it really was hard for me to choose between them.

PS: Welcome to NW AnnaStar! I think I haven't seen you much here but anyways, feel free to message me! :)

sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext