This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Male

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Choose which of these lucky lads you like the most.

Edmund (LWW/PC/VDT)
38%
Peter (LWW/PC)
17%
Eustace (VDT/SC)
9%
Digory (MN/LWW)
6%
Shasta (HHB)
6%
Corin (HHB)
1%
Caspian (PC/VDT)
11%
Rillian (SC)
2%
Tirian (LB)
9%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 171

Re: Favorite Narnian Male

Postby Mehinen » Oct 02, 2009 6:58 am

Peter. He has always been my favorite male character in Narnia :D . I can't say precisely why. He is most certainly not like me in any way.

Peter in a strong character, who can make decisions in difficult situations and stand by them. When he's wrong, he apologizes immediately. The meeting between Aslan and Peter in PC is a great example of that. He's also very impressive in LB, I don't think he would be my favorite character without his appearance in that book, for that somehow completes his character.
My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DOECOG » Oct 02, 2009 6:54 pm

This was a really hard decision, but I’d have to say Edmund. I have always loved seeing how he changed from being the little brat who would sell out his family for sweets to being the heroic King Edmund the Just.
DOECOG
Daughter Of Eve
Child Of God
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are... 1 John 3:1
DOECOG
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Oct 09, 2009 6:37 pm

I chose Eustace. I know he doesn't start out as the most likable character, he's rude and arrogant and sometimes even downright mean :ymdevil: . In my opinion he was ten times worse than Edmund ever was, even when he betrayed his siblings to Jadis. But he makes such a dramatic change between VDT and SC, his is a story of redemption and hope, if someone like Eustace can change for the better then anyone can.
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 09, 2009 8:39 pm

For some reason I empathized more with King Tirian than the other most worthy choices. He is flawed but at the same time he does his best to save Narnia though all his efforts are doomed.

But he does try because he is also noble and brave. His impetuousness gets him in trouble but Aslan is merciful to him in sending Jill and Eustace to free him to make the last stand for the Old Narnia.

Here is a king who knows the entire history of Narnia up to his reign and he is the end of the line. :( He did not ask for this fate but the way Professor Lewis wrote his character, he was the right one to be there at the worst of times.(IMHO) :|

And in the end he does get to interact in the New Narnia with all the characters from the past upon whom he had reflected in the Old Narnia. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Aravis Narnia » Oct 10, 2009 7:26 pm

I will have to go with Digory on this one.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 12, 2009 8:56 am

How do you decide? It was hard to decide between Peter, Shasta, Cor, Caspian, Tirian, and Rillian. I chose Peter because he's someone who's from my world who got to Narnia which is something I've wished I could do ever since I first read the books.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Oct 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Edmund, I like him in all the moies and I don'treally think he's appreciated enough. ( Although you wouldn't be able to tell from all the vote for him :-o )
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SnowAngel » Oct 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Tough choice - I like each one for a different reason. I think I'll have to go with Peter, though. I've always liked the way he protects his sisters (especially Lucy) and how he LEADS all of Narnia. And besides, Peter's the High King.

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby RevelinginWonder » Oct 30, 2009 9:00 pm

I like them all! But as of now, Edmund is my favorite. I used to like Peter, but in PC, he got kind of weird. :(

Thank you to Djaq for the marvelous signature!

NWeb siblings: pogginfan and Windsong!
RevelinginWonder
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ChristProclamer » Oct 30, 2009 9:18 pm

I originally chose Edmund becuase of his incredible character, his nobility, loyalty, and his wisdom.
Then I had to switch to Eustace. Edmund in my opinion is certainly the BEST male character, but Eustace is my favorite. Everyone can relate to Eustace in one way or another. He is so utterly hateable when he is a prig, so utterly pitiable when a dragon (though the whole time the reader is saying 'ha ha, you deserved it!'), and so utterly likeable when he comes around. He's quite a real character. And of course, he's also one of the funniest in my opinion.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MaidofArchenland » Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm

My favorite has always been Tirian. He is valaint and noble and very sweet and courteous to Jill. He is brave and does the right thing even if it means death, and he is not above saying he was in the wrong. And he is the only human in the books that is fully described physically.
The light it dawning, the lie broken.
MaidofArchenland
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PeterFan » Nov 06, 2009 1:51 pm

HIGH KING PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-) B-) B-) He showed a lot of stregnth & courage in LWW & so much power & commitment in PC. I think he should just STAY in Narnia & RULE (NOT go back to England). He is the best King EVER!!!!
PeterFan

Postby NarniaN » Nov 08, 2009 5:26 am

My favorite narnian male still is edmund ^^ he is such a good actor, especially in narnia ^^
NarniaN
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby aravistarkheena » Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm

It was a tie between Caspian and Tirian, so I just chose Caspian, strictly because of the way he reacts to situations in Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Enough Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again?!?!
aravistarkheena
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Edmund! he has always been my favorite since the first time I read the books! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby De_De » Dec 29, 2009 11:10 am

Corin
He is my favorite because he is so funny & so boyish :D
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

PreviousNext