This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Villain

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the vilest of them all?

Jadis/The White Witch (LWW/MN)
28%
Maugrim (LWW)
4%
King Miraz (PC)
6%
The Lady of the Green Kirtle (SC)
22%
Tash (LB)
13%
Ginger the Cat (LB)
2%
Shift (LB)
10%
Prince Rabadash (HHB)
6%
Uncle Andrew (MN)
4%
Other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 161

Re: Favorite Narnian Villain

Postby NarnianQueen10 » Apr 01, 2010 9:31 am

My favorite Narnian villain has to be Jadis. In LWW she had such a demanding, cold, evil presence that I had to love her. The way she would stop at nothing to dominate and destroy all that dared to oppose her was facinating to me.

And then, I like Jadis because I think she's the classic villain of Narnia, the one most talked about, but in the book, I almost found some parts about her a little silly --- "Always winter and never Christmas. Why, that's so terrible!" Yes, I do like Christmas, that part just seems a bit childlike to me.

I agree with Lady Galadriel; it was a little childish. But, I suppose in a book written for young children, it couldn't really be anything darker, though, could it?

I also like alice jadis's point of view.

I love her cold, wintery themed personality in LWW and her emotionlessness and dangerous temper in MN.. she just came off as so heartless and powerful.. and her strength is intimidating.. to be able to pick a grown woman(aunt Letty, in this case) up over the top of her head as if the woman weighed no more than a doll.. or in the LWW movie, when she lifted edmund up by the shirt and just held him there, face to face with her, without strainning.. creepy..

and I love her ability to be able to lead people into trusting her fairly easily.. and of course, her magical abilities are awesome.. ♥

So true!

~Queeny! ;;)

Duracell: the power of 10,000 rabbits in one battery
Member of Edmund's Fan Club!
Ramandu's Daughter Club member!
NarnianQueen10
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Rosenquartz » Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I have to say that I like Shift as a bad guy!
he's almost comical and he is really demanding in a groveling sort of way! :p
avatar by lover of narnia - siggy by lover of narnia
NW Sibs: Liberty Hoffman and Glenstorm The Great
Aslan is on the movie
Rosenquartz
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 15, 2010 4:10 pm

I voted for Shift and I'm not posting any spoilers as to why. Non-readers need to read the books.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby The Servant » May 16, 2010 1:55 pm

From the movies, it was Miraz because Sergio Castillito (sorry, I have no idea how to spell his name) was so awesome. But from the books it was Jadis.
- The Servant.

Prayer partners for Skandar Keynes. PM Benjamin to join the group!
The Servant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Haleth » Jun 03, 2010 5:21 am

I voted for Tash. I think he makes the best villain, even better than the Witch (though she was an excellent villainess). He was just so chilling... where all the smoke is floating by, and everything is withering under his feet. He is the terrible power that Shift called on, but didn't really believe in. And I like that he ate Shift. Vengeance on those who called on a demon in which they did not believe...that was really interesting. They never though Tash was real. But he was.
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Lady of the Green Kirtle! I was really mad at her for kidnapping Prince Rilian and killing Ramandu's Daughter a.k.a Lilliandil, which really made me sad because King Caspian has lost two of his precious ones and he is suffering too much already because he too is old already. :( :-s :ymsmug:

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 07, 2010 8:32 am

The Lady of the Green Kirtle! I loved the fact of her vileness and wickedness hiding behind a veil of beauty and grace! It was just fascinating for me to read that book!
Another reason is because I've played in several small plays my sisters and I made for our parents, and I got to role of the seductive, evil antagonist twice, so I like those kind of villains. (well, I don't like like them...but you know what I mean...)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Boy Scout » Jun 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I voted for Uncle Andrew. He is so clueless that it is almost funny. I love it when the animals try to feed him! =))
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 16, 2010 12:58 am

haha! that was funny Boy Scout. :)) Poor Uncle Andrew... I really pitied him in that part but I guess he should suffer the consequences for not listening to Aslan's song. :(

sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pepper Darcy » Jun 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Boy Scout wrote:I voted for Uncle Andrew. He is so clueless that it is almost funny. I love it when the animals try to feed him! =))

Ha, ha! I put down LotGK, (looks like I'm saying 'Lord of the Rings Geek') but you're right, Boy Scout, Uncle Andrew is hilarious! I love it how they (the animals) named him 'Brandy' because that's the noise he made most often and they wanted to ask Aslan 'if they could keep their pet' ;)

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:
Pepper Darcy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby king caspian » Jun 26, 2010 3:15 am

I voted for Shift. Because of him, Narnia ended. No one can ever beat his treachery.
Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena
king caspian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am

^Ditto King Caspian. While reading the seventh book, boy from the very start Shift annoyed me for what he was doing to Puzzle! [-( .

sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Josh » Jul 12, 2010 8:56 pm

The Lady of the Green Kirtle. I think she's better then The White Witch because she's more mysterious, more deceptive, more evil, and better looking. I also think her shape shifting abilities into a serpant are cool and scary. And she seems a bit darker as a character, especially when she murdered Lilliandil.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm

I voted for Jadis. I loved her in The Magician's Nephew. There was something intimidating and yet, at the same time, humorous about her in that book. Her conceit is so clear in what she says, it makes you laugh. But then she shows her power, and your reminded again of how dangerous she really is.
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby princeshasta-the-great » Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am

It seems both the witches are quite popular.
For me it was Jadis, her chilligness, is erm, aweinspiring ( not sure that is quite the right word but nerver mind), plus she appears loads in the books, and even more in the films. :)
princeshasta-the-great
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

I choose Shift, because out of his own greed and lust for power he betrays his own people -The Narnians- to slavery and the Calormenes. He betrays his God and uses a friendly, but naive Donkey for his work. He's a real manipulator and blasphemist and doesn't feel bad about his actions. Even when Ginger and Rishda were pulling the strings, he still could have ended all the misery by telling the Narnians the truth.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext