This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnia Era

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

What is your favorite Narnia era?

The beginning up to the long winter (The Magician's Nephew)
5%
The Golden Age (LWW and The Horse and His Boy)
69%
The Caspian Years (PC, VDT, and The Silver Chair)
21%
The final years of Narnia (The Last Battle)
5%

Total votes : 39

Favorite Narnia Era

Postby Aravis Narnia » Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

What is your favorite era of The Chronicles of Narnia? Which time period in Narnia do you like best? It may or may not have to do with your specific favorite book. Do you like the beginning years best? The Golden Age with the four Pevensie kings and queens? The Caspian years? Or the final years of Narnia?
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Favorite Narnia Era

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 09, 2010 5:28 pm

I voted for the Caspian years, but mainly what happens after the events of PC going into VDT.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pyxis » Apr 11, 2010 10:19 am

I voted for the beginning years because they set a lot of stuff up for the other ages. The Caspian age comes in second for me, mostly because of VDT and SC.
http://sixlittlecurlyfries.blogspot.com A collaborative blog written by me and my five friends.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Pyxis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian1 » Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm

I voted for the golden age because I love the winter, but of course I should state it's more once Jadis was taken care of, because it was then they had peace in the land again. Of course I love the way it came about as well.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Gwendolen » Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am

I think I have to go with the Golden Age. The description of court life and life in general sounded really appealing in HHB, more so than in VDT and SC. Narnia is also still a young world then, while it's kind of on its last legs in the Prince Caspian era.
Gwendolen
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Aravis Narnia » Apr 21, 2010 5:01 am

I do not think Narnia is on its last legs in the Caspian era. By the time Tirian came, yes. But I think of Caspian as bringing a Renaissance to Narnia.

Now I wonder if C.S. Lewis was trying to parallel the eras as well.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wild rose » Apr 26, 2010 11:03 am

I went with the Golden Age, I think it would be the funnest time to live in. It also sounds quiet peaceful and serine, at least that is the impression I got when I read 'A Horse and his Boy'
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby De_De » Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

I voted for The Golden Age. I think it is the greatest time in Narnian history. :)
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby ChristProclamer » Apr 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Golden Age. It seemed like such a happy, complete time. I love the rest of the Narnia chronicles, but it seems a shame that the peaceful days of Narnia and Archenland as depicted in HHB would have to end.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Claire-ayes » May 11, 2010 10:01 am

I went for the Golden Age. I probably read the Caspian stuff more (not just because there's more of it :) ) & that would definitely have to be my second favourite era.

It has to be the Golden Age though really, I mean, that's why it was called the 'Golden Age'. It was that amazing. Plus, if your going to be ruled by someone, might as well be the people prophesied to do the job!

Also, I really like how 'The Horse & His Boy' portrays this Narnia. The end of the world stuff is just a little disheartening, although the beginning of a world would be pretty fantastic. Tough stuff.
Claire-ayes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste » May 17, 2010 6:37 am

Without a doubt the Golden Age. This is an era where we can really let our imaginations run wild because we are told so little of it, yet what we do know makes it seem like a very peaceful, lighthearted, and just simply a period of time that was a pleasure to live in. I imagine it was a time where many beautiful balls and festivities were held at Cair Paravel, and that the four sibling lived very happily with eachother.
Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » May 18, 2010 10:24 am

That's an easy one: Post-LB ;)
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 31, 2010 10:38 am

Didn't you forget the era between the Golden Age and Caspian X's reign? It might not be such a bad time to live if you were a Telmarine.

My vote goes to the Golden Age. Second place for me would be the time between MN and LWW. It just seems like a nicer time to live.

And Reepi, that's cheating. ;)
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aravis Narnia » May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

I was mainly thinking about the eras mainly explored and developed in the books. But that can count as well- feel free to include it.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby beloved » May 31, 2010 5:06 pm

I voted for the beginning. A whole new world to explore, name, and have all sorts of adventures in places no one has ever even seen. The idea of a fresh and untouched world is so exciting and some of the stories from that time are phenomenal.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian1993 » Jun 05, 2010 1:09 pm

i voted for the LWW and HHB age, just because I love the Pevensie's and their main story. :ymhug: but the Caspian era was an extremely close second for me! :)
~You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.~ C. S. Lewis
Narnian1993
NarniaWeb Regular

Next