This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Planet Narnia

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Planet Narnia

Postby Lucy the Valiant » Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Today, I had a phenomenal privilege - I was able to interview Michael Ward, author of Planet Narnia, in person!!!
The college I attend had him come speak at our chapel service today, and I was assigned by my newspaper editors to cover the speech - and boy was that exciting! I had heard only a tiny bit about Ward's idea before he came, but now that I've heard more I'm quite amazed....what do you all think of Ward's ideas?
Once a Queen of Narnia, always a Queen of Narnia!
But more importantly: 1 Peter 2:9
Lucy the Valiant
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Planet Narnia

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the idea is interesting to say the least. The theory makes sense, and I'm fairly convinced that it is true. Perhaps CS Lewis did base the atmosphere for the Chronicles of Narnia on the attributes of the planets. I am not sure that this was a conscience decision, however.

Even though Ward has done a good bit of work in discovering this tie between the books and the planets, I think he has a long way to go to prove his point. Some sort of a census is in order to count the planetary references in each book to see if it agrees with Ward's conclusions or not.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie