This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aslan's powers

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Aslan's powers

Postby SnakeEyes » Jun 30, 2011 12:46 am

Do any of you think Aslan could withstand human guns and technology? I always wondered if Aslan would die just as easy as any other lion or if he would respawn like in TWW. This has to do with the integration of Narnian toys into my Joeverse (GI Joe fiction based on the 1:18 toys the collector wants to use with them in displays) I currently have HALO Covenant aliens invading as well. Would Aslan or any of the other Narnians be able to do anything to a tank or an alien warrior with shields and energy weapons? Aslan can atleast respawn video game style lol.
Proud Satanist
SnakeEyes
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Aslan's powers

Postby Shy Galadriel » Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

Yes, he could withstand guns. Unless he wanted to take the bullet. For example, in MN Jadis with all her strength could not even phase Aslan when she threw the iron bar at his head. But in LWW he willingly took the stone knife's blow and died under it. I think that his ability to take or not take blows is connected to him having created everything. Don't use Aslan too much, if he wanted to defeat the opposing team he just needs to give a blast of awesomeness. I think that's why he doesn't show up much, because he could easily solve it on his own, but then no one could learn anything.
And I don't know if I would call it "respawn"; resurrect is more like it.
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Jun 30, 2011 12:06 pm

I suggest you read The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.
Aslan did die.

But he is the picture of Jesus Christ in the stories.... so he did not remain dead.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

I think only what Aslan wants to happen to himself, happens to him. He didn't want to be hurt by Jadis's blow, so he wasn't. But he died willingly. I'm sure it applies to everything else. He is the creator of that world, after all. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby SnakeEyes » Jun 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Could Aslan aslan hurt a tank or jet? I have never heard of him being able to bite steel or fly fast enough to catch a supersonic jet like the Night Raven. I sort of want to use him as Duke's talking pet lion to assist in battles. I don't think Aslan could survive many strikes from missiles or artillery shells but I could be wrong. A last resort could be Cobra using its secret nuclear weapons stockpile on him.
Proud Satanist
SnakeEyes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 30, 2011 8:38 pm

If it takes place in Narnia, and you want to be canon, then Aslan can do anything and everything. He's Narnia's Jesus Christ. It's kind of like asking if Jesus Christ could hurt a tank or jet. If he's Jesus Christ, He can do whatever He wants.

However, if it's in some other world, in a fanfiction, then it doesn't matter. Fanfiction is fan fiction. Fanfiction isn't canon anyway. If you're writing it, you call the shots.

(As long as, of course, it's not on here, since fanfiction is banned here on NW... :P )

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby SnakeEyes » Jun 30, 2011 11:00 pm

He almost sounds as unbalanced as Unicron from Transformers. He is so powerful he is almost never used in battles. I always thought Aslan was a (mostly) normal lion that could respawn and talk. Now I know that he is a tactical grade weapon. Duke Nukem is the only one that could stop him in Narnia.

If he is in another world such as Earth or a Covenant controlled planet would he still have the power or would he be normal? I could see him having ultimate power over the things on Narnia he created but what about alien worlds he did not make?

(its not really fanfiction just a personal canon used by some GI Joe collectors to determine what exists in their GI Joe universe and how they work. It is common to see superheroes and other military toys. I use it when I make displays and set ups using the figures)
Proud Satanist
SnakeEyes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 30, 2011 11:14 pm

SnakeEyes wrote:I could see him having ultimate power over the things on Narnia he created but what about alien worlds he did not make?

There's no real answer to that question, because that sort of thing is never discussed in the books. You, therefore, are free to make up your own answer. ;)

Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jul 01, 2011 1:33 am

What a strange question. What on earth is this?
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jul 01, 2011 1:34 pm

This thread is getting a bit beyond the scope of this forum. It is delving into what NarniaWeb defines as Fan-Fiction, and has abolutely nothing to do with the world of Narnia or the books. For those reasons, I am going to close this thread for now.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod