This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Box set

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Box set

Postby Chervy » May 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Does anyone have this edition?

https://www2.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-c ... 60244880#/

I'm interested in whether there are numbers on the spines under the dust jacket. It could be a viable replacement for my pre-renumbering set.
Chervy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Box set

Postby coracle » May 30, 2018 1:36 pm

And in case you don't know it, here is our preferred reading order, Chervy!

LWW, PC, VDT, SC, HHB, MN, LB (using the standard initials for the books) is what many Narnia readers say is the best order for a first reading, being the Published Order.

It's sometimes referred to as '2456317' (using the numbers on modern editions of the books, based on the exact chronological order).

Good luck with putting them into the order you want.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Chervy » May 31, 2018 5:29 am

Yes, I know about the ordering. That's why I asked the question. No point buying them if there are also numbers on the spine under the jacket.
Chervy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby aileth » May 31, 2018 9:10 am

Don't have this edition, but most likely they have the exact same thing underneath, judging by the usual procedure for book publishing. You might get lucky, though it's doubtful. Would a discreet little sticker to cover the "error" be in order, if you really like the set?
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby coracle » May 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Chervy, I know at least one person who has put 'correction' stickers over the numbers on their copies, and written the preferred order on!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie