This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

My new Narnia-themed e-reader case!

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

My new Narnia-themed e-reader case!

Postby PhelanVelvel » May 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Well, I've learnt the hard way that these sorts of things are extremely fragile, so cases are pretty helpful. XD I always like to design my own cases for things rather than buy something premade, usually because I want something so niche that it doesn't exist, lol. I made this on Caseable.com, which was the only site I could find which offers custom cases for many different e-readers such as the Kobo Glo HD, which is what I have. Anyway, I just thought I'd share it with you guys. I only had it made for myself, so no worries about copyright or anything. XD

On Caseable, it can be a bit difficult to really tell the exact placement of your images/text in relation to how it will print on the final product, and the interface is admittedly a bit clumsy/glitchy at times, but I knew I had to make it work if I wanted a custom case. I'm very pleased with it, even if it's not pixel-perfect with regards to the placement of the elements on the case--I'm not that picky! I omitted the quotation marks because I couldn't find any in the available fonts which weren't too distracting, lol.

Forgot to get a picture of it open and showing both front and back simultaneously, as it looks to an observer while I'm reading, but oh well, you get the idea. XD That's why I did the blue of Lucy's dress and the red of Tumnus' scarf for the two instances of "Narnia": you can see both sides when I'm reading.

I already got one of the kids in the classroom I work in to be interested in and start reading Narnia, haha! :P Not only that, but when I saw he had started reading LWW, I took it upon myself to explain publication vs. chronological order and write down the former for him to be sure he reads them "properly", LOL.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: My new Narnia-themed e-reader case!

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » May 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Wow, that's so neat, Phelan! I love the way it turned out. And you had a good idea about drawing inspiration from Lucy's dress and Tumnas's scarf for the font colors; it looks really nice. Now I'm nspired to dream up something Narnia-themed for my old Nook eReader. ;))

Very awesome to hear that it's already inspired a child to read CoN! And in chronological order, no less! You're truly doing Aslan's work. ;)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby coracle » May 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Oh what a lovely idea. I don't need a cover for mine yet, but I will come back to your thread when I do!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby fledge1 » Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am

WOW! That is so cool. As soon as i get my e-reader i am doing this!!! What a great idea.
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fledge1 » Jul 23, 2019 10:52 am

Finally got mine done. Trying to post pics but not sure how.
I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis
fledge1
NarniaWeb Nut