This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Extended Version?

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Extended Version?

Postby Impending Doom » May 10, 2014 12:00 pm

I came across this the other day on Instagram. http://i60.tinypic.com/1zzm8hj.jpg

It appears to be an Extended Version of The Voyage Of the Dawn Treader of sorts. It was released in Germany back in early 2011. Naturally I got pretty excited but there was only one problem... I couldn't find anything 'extended' about it. From what I could gather online: it has the same running time and it includes the same bonus features as the normal theatrical edition. So I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this edition. The only theory I have is that when Dawn Treader was released in Germany it was a shortened version than what the rest of the world got. Then on Bluray/DVD the normal version was released. But I can't find anything to back that up. This is all very confusing!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Extended Version?

Postby fantasia » May 10, 2014 4:19 pm

I don't know anything about it per se, but I can't help but notice that the "Extended Version" happens to be in English instead of German. That's kind of a red flag in my mind that it's not what it says it is.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Impending Doom » May 10, 2014 6:52 pm

That's what I was immediately drawn too as well. That's why I searched further and sure enough several websites had the same one for sale!
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme ... u-ray-disc
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » May 30, 2014 9:22 pm

I can answer this one:
When VDT was released here, there were some cuts made to get a lower rating ("6 and up" instead of "12 and up). The "extended" edition is just the version we all know :P
The cuts are mostly related to the battle with the sea serpent towards the end, with a few odd choices (some cuts made when the house floods).

The same thing actually happened when LWW initially came out here as well, it was also cut for cinemas to get a lower rating, but they then offered both versions when the DVDs came out.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » May 31, 2014 9:14 am

That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming that Reepi :)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » Jun 04, 2014 6:41 am

I never knew there was one. I wish there was one for PC.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » Jun 09, 2014 11:52 pm

jewel wrote:I never knew there was one. I wish there was one for PC.

There actually is an extended edition of PC, though it was only on TV and is not available on DVD or Blu-Ray, what they did was insert some of the deleted scenes that are available in the DVD extras back into the movies.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru