This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Wardrobe movie theater display

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia Wardrobe movie theater display

Postby utterReep » Dec 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey everyone, as a longtime NarniaWebber (though infrequent poster), I thought I would bring this to you all first.

Back in 2005, I did some field work for the first Narnia film, and as part of that work, manned a Narnia station at the Luis Palau festival at the National Mall that year. Part of the station was the wardrobe display that some of you may have seen in theaters that fall. My handlers didn't want it back, and the festival would have just tossed it, so I kept this theater display, and it's been a fixture in my home for the past eight years.

I currently live in Williamsburg, Virginia, but my family and I are planning a move to California next year. We have decided that the wardrobe will not be making the trip. I am looking to sell it, but I would prefer not to have to break it down all the way and ship it (otherwise, I probably would have gone straight to ebay). I would break it down though if I couldn't find someone willing to pick it up. It's not too difficult to break down the sides, but the center piece is a bit tricky. With that minimal amount of breakdown, it should fit into a minivan with all but the front seats down or out.

I have all the pieces for the display, except for the witch carvings which would have attached to the front two pillars. If you didn't know, it wouldn't be obvious that they were missing. At its full height, the wardrobe and base stand about 8.5 feet high.

If any of you might be interested in this wardrobe, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to send you pictures. (I would have attached some, but the forum has reached its attachment limit.) I would like to sell it before Christmas, but I certainly want to find a good home for it by the spring.

All the best,

utterReep
utterReep
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Narnia Wardrobe movie theater display

Postby You Will Find Me Bigger » Apr 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Did anyone ever take you up on this? Just curious.
You can call me Willow if you want to.
You Will Find Me Bigger
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Narnia Wardrobe movie theater display

Postby utterReep » Jul 16, 2014 7:19 am

Yes, I found someone who wanted it for a Christian school in the DC area, and I delivered it in April.
utterReep
NarniaWeb Newbie