This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia souvenirs

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia souvenirs

Postby 7chronicles » May 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Being a fan of Narnia, have you ever bought something because it reminded you of Narnia?
When I was younger my mom would go shopping at some old antique shops down town and to pass the time me and my sister went around looking to see if I could find anything that looked like it could have come out of Narnia. :p :)

Here are a few of the things I have that remind me of Narnia, I call them my Narnia souvenirs! :)

A Golden Calormen Container

Some sort of Dish from Charn

Part of the Dish set from the Lady of the Green Kirtle's table in Underland (where Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum ate with Prince Rillian).

A Dish from the White Witch's Castle

A Candle Stick from Archenland
and here is a close up of the candle's base design.

So do any of you guys have your own souvenirs from Narnia?

Feel free to post your own souvenirs! :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Narnia souvenirs

Postby wisewoman » May 15, 2011 4:06 pm

7chronicles, I love the idea and I love your items! They definitely look Narnian :)
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby CharlotteRose » May 16, 2011 10:33 am

I have a mirror from Cair paravel, some candle sticks from the underland and some jewellry from Narnia as well! Sorry, I don't have pictures :) 7chronicles, your collection is great!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fireflowerfan » May 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Pretty cool items. ;) I like this forum topic! I bought a wardrobe off Craigslist that I have used three times now in Narnia play re-inactments. It has the two big tall doors that open wide to allow my actors to walk into it. I usually remove the back so they can disappear backstage. When not in use, it adorns my living room :) I also have a very very old sewing machine that I used in a Mr and Mrs Beaver set I built and I have an antique radio that I used in a set for the Professor. I ripped the radio sound file from the LWW movie where Susan is listening to the war reports on the radio and converted it to a cd. Now my antique radio also plays the war report. :D Two other things, I also have a ship painting that really reminds me of the VDT painting and I have a six foot suit of armor that we used in my Professor's house set to re-enact the criquet accident by Edmund from LWW. Though they're not specific pics of the above mentioned items, here is the website link to my last Narnia production that does show a fair number of photos of things I have that are "very Narnian-like." http://cbckidstown.blogspot.com/2010/12/narnia.html
Pastor Josh
~from the glistening eastern sea~
fireflowerfan
NarniaWeb Newbie