This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Chap-stick

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia Chap-stick

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Sep 13, 2010 5:33 am

I loved the Narnia Chap-stick that came out for LWW. Did any of them come out for PC? And does anyone think they will come out for the next movie? I hope so cause I really liked them!

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Narnia Chap-stick

Postby icarus » Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

AnnasStar2010 wrote:And does anyone think they will come out for the next movie?

Part of me is wondering whether anything will come out for this move. :(

From what i can tell, all the pre-existing licensing deals that firms had with Disney Consumer Products have been wiped out, and so far there has been no reports of any firm having acquired new licensing deals from the respective Fox Consumer Products division.

There have been reports of Fox actively pursuing licensing partners across all merchandise categories, but i would guess that after Prince Caspian most firms do not see the brand as being a solid investment on their part, as it doesn't look like Fox have had much success so far in attracting licensee's.

Clearly there will be some merchandise for the movie, its still a big blockbuster movie afterall - but i would expect the merchandise that does come out to be somewhat limited and very focused on key areas. I wouldn't expect the wide range of products that came out for the last two movies, so i would be fairly certain in saying that Chap Stick would be a notable casualty here.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Sep 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Sad day :( :( I wish Narnia were more of a big deal! I love Narnia merchandise! I especially liked going to the Christian Bookstore and looking at their books and jewelery and all that...It's too bad Narnia's not like all those Disney TV shows that have backpacks, pencils, bedding, and all that everywhere!

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Sep 15, 2010 6:21 am

My feelings exactly, icarus.

I've decided to add a new section to the VDT List of Merchandise thread concentrating on this; stuff that we won't be able to get for VDT.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Dec 30, 2010 12:35 pm

I really wish they would come out with more Narnia Chap-stick. I didn't see any when PC came out. I'm still using some of the Chapstick from LWW. ;))
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Quinlin » Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Haha! I just came upon my Narnia Chap-sticks the other day in one of my drawers. I have the Peter & Lucy ones and they smell quite yummy! :p A girl in my class actually bought them for me when LWW first came out. She knew I loved Narnia so much and decided to give it to me as a little gift. I was so excited because I didn't even know they had those! :)

icarus wrote: Part of me is wondering whether anything will come out for this movie. :(

Sadly, I've been thinking the same thing all along, icarus. It appears there is no promotional material for VDT at all since I haven't seen anything related to the film. What I really miss the most is the Official Movie Companion that came out for both LWW & PC! I absolutely loved looking through it and seeing many of the production ideas, behind the scenes photo's, and reading on the making of the film. I just really wish they had made that for VDT.

It would have been amazing if they had made more Narnia Chap-sticks. Since all of the characters had a specific flavor, it would be neat to see what they would have done. I think Eustace should be: Sour Apple! :p (or Dragon Fruit! B-) ) Lucy: Sweet Strawberry! Edmund: Noble Fruit Punch! Caspian: Royal Grape! And just for fun, Lilliandil could always be: Star Fruit! :D
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub