This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Movie Posters

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Movie Posters

Postby Griffle » Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks! Again; I haven't spent a great deal of time doing these, and there's not a lot to work with.

Here's another one: :D

Poster removed by request of mods. ;)

Will continue this discussion in the fan art forum.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby beloved » Jun 05, 2010 4:12 pm

has any one else seen the 3D poster? It's the one with Aslan and the eye thing with Reep standing on the logo but it's 3D. It's got that funny texture and if you look at it walking by it seems to move but if you get up real close and touch it your hand looks like it goes through it because it's 3D. It's actually pretty neat.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Jun 05, 2010 7:23 pm

beloved wrote:has any one else seen the 3D poster? It's the one with Aslan and the eye thing with Reep standing on the logo but it's 3D. It's got that funny texture and if you look at it walking by it seems to move but if you get up real close and touch it your hand looks like it goes through it because it's 3D. It's actually pretty neat.
Yes, I commented on this poster earlier in the thread. I'm bidding on one on eBay right now. Have you seen it up close? If so, can you describe what parts of it is 3D, what struck you as most effective etc. ?

1 day, 22 hours...
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby beloved » Jun 05, 2010 8:29 pm

^It's not very bright (though that could be the lighting in the theater) and Reepicheep sticks out like a sore thumb. That being said Aslan's eye is vibrant and the ship inside it looks like it has real dimension, almost like if it were bigger you could step right on board. Aslan's nose looks kind of big but not too bad. Overall I think that it's an okay poster, but mostly for the eye.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Jun 06, 2010 6:10 am

beloved wrote:^It's not very bright (though that could be the lighting in the theater) and Reepicheep sticks out like a sore thumb. That being said Aslan's eye is vibrant and the ship inside it looks like it has real dimension, almost like if it were bigger you could step right on board. Aslan's nose looks kind of big but not too bad. Overall I think that it's an okay poster, but mostly for the eye.
It's too dark? Hmmm... It does appear to look pretty dark on the images I've seen of it, especially compared to the regular version of the poster. Looks like Reep is as bright as Aslan though. Did you feel that Reep stuck out in a way that you felt as though he was pasted onto the poster or was it more a feeling of him being brighter than the rest of the poster?

Ah, why does it matter? I'm already bidding on it so it's not like I can change my mind anyway. I love the simplicity and elegance of it though and I wouldn't change my mind even if I could. Need to have...
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilliandil » Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm

I've always wanted to collect movie posters but I've only ever got one. That was a Twilight movie poster *cringe* which is under my bed collecting dust.
'For when they tried to look at Aslan's face they just caught a glimpse of the golden mane and the great, royal, solemn, over-whelming eyes; and then they found they couldn't look at him and went all trembly.'
Lilliandil
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby true_narnia_forever » Jul 09, 2010 2:42 pm

I currently have all 3 movie posters...but they're not up in my room yet. :( I'm waiting to get frames for them so they'll stay safe. :) My PC and LWW ones aren't that great - they were folded up so they aren't as smooth. The VDT one is lovely and rolled up...it's gorgeous. ::sigh of happiness::
Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!
true_narnia_forever
NarniaWeb Junkie

Poster Display

Postby Snoferret » Jul 09, 2010 3:44 pm

My "Dawn Treader" advance poster and photos wall.

DSCN1807b.JPG
DSCN1807b.JPG (229.2 KiB) Viewed 22262 times
~Snoferret
"You're worse than Beaver on bath day."
Snoferret
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Poster Display

Postby true_narnia_forever » Jul 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Wow, those are awesome pictures! What are the dimensions of the movie poster? I have one like it, but it doesn't look near that big.
My Blog!
true_narnia_forever
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Snoferret » Jul 09, 2010 8:32 pm

27" X 40" which is the current standard movie poster size.
~Snoferret
"You're worse than Beaver on bath day."
Snoferret
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Griffle » Jul 10, 2010 2:02 am

Wow, it looks totally awesome in that black frame!

My 27x40 lenticular 3D version of the poster is still at the framer. It's ready though, and I've been told that it looks absolutely stunning. I used a thick gold coloured frame however. Maybe I should've gone with black? :-ss
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lion's Emblem » Jul 10, 2010 8:44 pm

The Dawn Treader poster looks great with the black frame Snoferret. I'm just wondering where you got the DT framed photos (or the ones from LWW and PC for that matter) :-\ ? They all look great displayed together.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby true_narnia_forever » Jul 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Where is a good place to buy frames for the movie posters? I have 3, but I've been waiting to put them up because I want to protect them.

Most of the ones I found online were $30 USD or over, and a couple I found were under $20 USD. Is that about as cheap as they get?
My Blog!
true_narnia_forever
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Snoferret: wow! I love your wall! very nice! the pictures are very high quality! :D :) :ymhug:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Griffle » Jul 12, 2010 5:27 am

true_narnia_forever wrote:Where is a good place to buy frames for the movie posters? I have 3, but I've been waiting to put them up because I want to protect them.

Most of the ones I found online were $30 USD or over, and a couple I found were under $20 USD. Is that about as cheap as they get?
The teaser poster is available in a couple of different sizes, make sure that it says 27x40 if you want the standard size poster. The cheapest price I've seen on eBay for the 27x40 inch poster is $15.00.

Make it a habbit to check the VDT List of Merchandise (LOM) thread for the best prices on your collectibles. ;)
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby LuvNarnia » Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I love your poster, Griffle! Great job!
LuvNarnia

God gives grace to the humble

av: Wunderkind_Lucy sig: lover of narnia

Proud member of the Skillet club, and a member of the Tenth Avenue North club!
LuvNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext