This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnian Tonner Dolls

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Narnian Tonner Dolls

Postby Griffle » Jul 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, I did the ballet thing. Thanks!

The coronation clothes are beautiful, but I don't know if I wanna keep them on. Kind of liked the combination of colours found on their normal clothes. Too much blue on these. Also, it feels as though the crowns on Pete and Ed may fall off at any time, and I don't want them to damage the glass shelf they're standing on.

I was going to buy another red display cabinet like the ones I have at IKEA the other day but it's been discontinued, so I have to take care of what I have. :((

Maybe I could display the crowns in front of the dolls with their normal clothes on? Decisions, decisions....
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm glad it worked! Do you have pictures?

I kind of like the dolls in their regular clothes at this point, and I think displaying the crowns in front of them would be really pretty. Could you display the coronation outfits on hangers behind them?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Griffle » Aug 16, 2010 6:19 am

Meltintalle wrote:I'm glad it worked! Do you have pictures?

I kind of like the dolls in their regular clothes at this point, and I think displaying the crowns in front of them would be really pretty. Could you display the coronation outfits on hangers behind them?
What kind of hangers are we talking about? It wouldn't work with the narrow space of the cabinet I have the dolls in, but it could be an option for displaying them somewhere else.

I don't have any photos, I do have video though. Thought I'd feature that clip in one of my future YouTube video's.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 16, 2010 7:25 am

I had in mind hangers like these or these, so that the hangers are more or less the correct size for the clothes.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Griffle » Aug 21, 2010 4:33 am

Meltintalle wrote:I had in mind hangers like these or these, so that the hangers are more or less the correct size for the clothes.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll definitely get a bunch of those. I found some that are hand made in wood, with steel hooks. Will probably get something like that.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Those are so cute! They would be fun to have an play with. They're really expensive though :(

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Aug 28, 2010 2:23 am

I just remembered that Tonner made a White Witch doll that was sold or given to attendees of the Tonner Doll convention in 2007. I believe that it was made in a limited edition of 250. Now I have to get that doll.

EDIT
Check that! Found it on eBay and bought it. The problem now is; where to put it?

Some photos:

Image Image
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Griffle » Sep 08, 2010 10:00 am

Got it today, and I've solved the problem of where to put it. I moved the Telmarine soldier's mask out of the cabinet it was in. Sure, she's not in scale with the Pevensies, she should be much taller than them, but she looks quite stunning in the light next to them.

Tonner Dolls must be the best company in the world making dolls. (If you count Hot Toys as a company making action figures) The attention to detail is really impressive. Far from screen accurate, but still; impressive. Just take a look at the clothes on their dolls and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a couple of thumbs of the White Witch (Tonner Dolls):

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Not totally sure about this, but I don't think the White Witch have her nails painted red in the film. ;)
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby americangirlemmie » Oct 18, 2010 1:58 pm

I have always wanted some of the Narnia and Harry Potter dolls but never got them. Though I think Peter is to tall and Edmund looks girlish... :p
Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club
americangirlemmie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Where can you actually buy the Narnia dolls? There's no buy now on the Narnia page.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous