This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

An actual scene that they shot

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

An actual scene that they shot

Postby TashTheInexorable » Jan 30, 2010 3:55 am

*SPOILER ALERT*

I was at cleveland point at the time they shot this scene but I'm putting it in rumours bc I don't don't know if they'll use it.

The dragon comes to attack the ship from the air. According to the director he will be 'blowing fire' and flying all around the ship until he lands on the mast. Lucy and Gael are on the dop deck thingy (don't know the terminology) and drinian comes out looking very authoritarian and gives orders to the crew to shoot it. lucy is holding on to gael and says something like 'what's it doing?' or 'what are you doing/what's he doing?'- might be referring to drinian- i got the distinct sense that she wasn't happy that drinian had ordered his crew to shoot.

I also got to see them shoot a scene where eustace is sword-fighting with reep. Eustace thinks reep has fallen off of the ship and runs to the side and looks over but reep is on the ropes and sneaks up on him, eustace runs back to fight him and the crew are watching them 'laughing, clapping and enjoying the fight.'
TashTheInexorable
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: An actual scene that they shot

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 30, 2010 8:36 am

^^ thanks for sharing that!
this certainly is interesting! could the dragon be Eustace? if so, why is he attacking the ship? very interesting..... :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Adeona » Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for the report! I don't think it needs to be here in the Rumors section. It probably belongs somewhere in the General Movie Discussion forum.

One would assume that the dragon is Eustace.

It's been interesting to hear about a scene where Eustace actually duels Reepicheep. Sounds like the production couldn't walk away from that challenge as easily as Eustace did in the book!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby fantasia » Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am

Continue discussion here please. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin