This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia on Netflix?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

What is your initial reaction to the idea of Narnia on Netflix?

Positive!
78%
Negative!
22%

Total votes : 9

Re: Narnia on Netflix?

Postby Impending Doom » Sep 20, 2018 11:39 am

This is looking very likely considering Richard Rushfield's connections and reputation. I tweeted him asking what this means for The Silver Chair film adaptation which he quickly responded saying he wasn't sure and that he'd inquire.

I'm now just wondering when we'll get an official announcement...

AJAiken wrote:I don't think I can say whether I'm positive or negative about this until I know who's actually making it (if it happens). From what I've heard Netflix is fairly hands-off with regards to their original content, so though I trust that whatever they produce will be high quality it's likely down to the writer, director, and producer what the series will be. I think Netflix does a good job at letting people who have a passion for something go for it

It's an eOne/Netflix production, so I'd assume Mark Gordon (he's President and Cheif Content Officer at eOne) would remain a producer on this project. I could see Vincent Seiber and Douglas Gresham on board as well considering their positions at the Lewis Estate.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glumpuddle » Sep 24, 2018 9:42 am

For what it's worth, here's a production timeline of Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events...

Nov 2014: Netflix and Paramount announce plans to develop series
Sept 2015: Showrunner and director announced
Jan 2016: First casting announcements
May 2016: Production begins
Jan 2017: Season 1 premiere

Season 2 premiered in March 2018. The final season is in the works.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby SSBN_Dawn_Treader » Sep 28, 2018 6:57 am

Yeah, doing such kind of series does take time! But anyways, I'm quite eager to see what Netflix can do with Narnia. In the best case, we get something great, in the worst case, they butcher it and it will be bad, but you know what is bad, too? Not having more Narnia movies/series! So, if it fails, our situation will remain bad, but if it's good, it will benefit the community.

In other words, we won't lose anything if it's terrible, but we'll win if it is good, so let them do a Narnia series!
SSBN_Dawn_Treader
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnia fan 7 » Oct 03, 2018 8:29 am

Looks like it's official. eOne just posted a press release on their website.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Col Klink » Oct 03, 2018 8:40 am

The press release makes it sound like they're going to do a series of movies and not a series of episodes. ("feature length and episodic programming") I guess that's good for the people who disliked the idea of a TV series and bad for the people who were excited about it.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Oct 03, 2018 10:21 am

Going to go ahead and lock this thread as this news has been confirmed (wow! :D ), so please carry on your discussions in the GMD forum. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Previous