This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will and Anna in VotDT?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Will and Anna in VotDT?

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 29, 2009 12:52 pm

I had heard ( I don't remember where) that William Moseley and Anna Popplewell were going to be in the very beggining of VotDT.....
does anybody else have more information on this? :-\
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Re: Will and Anna in VotDT?

Postby icarus » Nov 29, 2009 1:28 pm

If you did hear it, it was likely just wishful thinking on the part of fans or idle speculation.

There has been no indication from anyone involved in the production that they would be in the movie, and with filming now over there is no indication that they had filmed any scenes for it either. It simply wouldn't make any sense to include them at the start of the movie either.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Salem » Nov 29, 2009 5:24 pm

But when Lucy read the Magician's Book, Susan made a cameo...
- Sorry for my bad english =x -

Youtube
Orkut
Salem
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Salem: exactly! they will at least need Anna for that part..... :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby greenbird37 » Nov 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Only time will tell...but I doubt it very much! :-\
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Salem » Nov 30, 2009 10:49 am

If you want a movie more close to the book, is better wish Anna in this movie...

I want both, Anna and Will, do a cameo in VDT. They was main characters in two first films and can't be just forgotten in the third... but if they are, I will understand...

Wish the best to Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Sorry for my bad english =x -

Youtube
Orkut
Salem
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Dec 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Mark Johnson and Anna Popplewell both stated that the two eldest Pevensie actors would not be returning and they were finished with Narnia.

But...

I can't help but notice the clingyness (for lack of a better word) that the production has to characters from the previous books. So much so they seem to go out of their way to fit them into the following movie. Mr. Tumnus for example they tried, but couldn't figure out a realistic way to do it, so he ended up as a drawing on a wall (along with a mention of him and the Beavers). But they did succeed getting the White Witch in.
Come VDT script writing, both Trumpkin and Dr. Cornelius were on board the Dawn Treader, though they were both cut after the script was reworked.

I would not be the LEAST bit surprised to see Will and Anna worked into the movie. Anna especially since she's mentioned in the Magician's book.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Adeona » Dec 01, 2009 11:05 pm

icarus wrote:...and with filming now over there is no indication that they had filmed any scenes for it either. It simply wouldn't make any sense to include them at the start of the movie either.

Well, aside from the casting announcments, we've had no indication of Coriakin or Ramundu's Daughter being in any scenes. And we don't even have that for Ramundu himself!

And I think it would actually be acceptable for Peter and Susan to show up in the first scene; in England, the one which we got some set + extras photos of a while back. Maybe it would not make the most sense as far as storyline, but as Salem said, they were such main characters in LWW and PC that it would be stranger for there not to be a scene with them. Otherwise, to the non-fanatical movie audience it would seem like the elder Pevensies just dropped off the face of the earth. Sure, in the last movie we are told that they are never coming back. But what if the average movie goer does not remember this or even - horror of horrors - did not see PC!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby icarus » Dec 02, 2009 1:36 am

Adeona wrote: Well, aside from the casting announcments, we've had no indication of Coriakin or Ramundu's Daughter being in any scenes. And we don't even have that for Ramundu himself!

Well, the casting announcements in themselves are plenty enough proof that Coriakin and RD will be in the movie (plus we've seen sets for Coriakins Garden). Maybe we should be slightly worried about Ramandu himself, but the difference between him and Peter/Susan, is that we already know the actors playing them, so we can easily look for signs as to whether or not they may be involved i.e. reports/photos of them being in Australia, quotes from actors/producers hinting at their inclusion, etc.

Maybe it would not make the most sense as far as storyline, but as Salem said, they were such main characters in LWW and PC that it would be stranger for there not to be a scene with them. Otherwise, to the non-fanatical movie audience it would seem like the elder Pevensies just dropped off the face of the earth.

The fact that they were main characters in LWW and PC would be the biggest reason not to include them in my opinion :). To stick in two big characters like that and then not do anything with them for the rest of the movie would be far more confusing to the audience than not inclduing them at all. The example glumpuddle often uses is of The Scarecrow's appearence in The Dark Knight. He was the main villain in Batman Begins, but then only appears for like 2 minutes at the start of TDK. The main reaction from viewers tends to be "what was the point in that?"

Though as Fantasia Kitty said, the production don't seem particuarly averse to trying to shoe-horn in characters which arent appropriate, and they've done plenty of things in the first two films that i thought were mistakes, so there is nothing to say they won't include them. ;)

Either way though, whatever our personal views and speculation on the matter (we're all likely to have vastly different views on the issue) i don't see their being any basis to make it a "rumour". Even if we all wanted it, and even though its technically a possibility, we dont have any evidence from which to make any assumptions from at this moment.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Dec 05, 2009 11:38 pm

AS for Will and Anna appearing in Dawn Treader- I'm awaiting a reply from Ernie Malik (set 2 of questions) in which he will answer this question (It'll be posted on Aslanscountry.com once he replies.)
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Dec 05, 2009 11:45 pm

icarus wrote: Maybe we should be slightly worried about Ramandu himself, but the difference between him and Peter/Susan, is that we already know the actors playing them, so we can easily look for signs as to whether or not they may be involved...

I was hoping no one would bring that one up! :-$ ;)

The fact that they were main characters in LWW and PC would be the biggest reason not to include them in my opinion :). To stick in two big characters like that and then not do anything with them for the rest of the movie would be far more confusing to the audience than not inclduing them at all.

I think the reason that I would be fine with it is that P+S are mentioned in the book, and Susan is actually present (albeit not consciously or for long). We are told where they are and what they are doing. So seeing them in the movie would not be a stretch. I can see how it could possibly puzzle non-fanatics, but I still hold to my original argument in this respect

i don't see their being any basis to make it a "rumour". Even if we all wanted it, and even though its technically a possibility, we dont have any evidence from which to make any assumptions from at this moment.

Too true, too true. I really can't say much against that argument.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 07, 2009 10:50 am

I can imagine a beginning scene where we see Peter dropped off at Professor Kirke's place. Then we see Lucy, Edmund, Eustace, Harold, and Alberta seeing Mr. and Mrs. Pevensie and Susan off at the pier.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Will and Anna in VotDT?

Postby icarus » Dec 14, 2009 2:42 pm

icarus wrote: i don't see their being any basis to make it a "rumour".... we dont have any evidence from which to make any assumptions from at this moment.

Ok, i'll admit it, i was wrong.... we now have a rumour on our hands here! :-o

I just posted the following in the VDT Extras Casting Thread, it came from eCaster, via the EGO management website:

Zak Morcillo - Stand in for Peter
2009 / Stand in (Peter) / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=371&p=30136#p30136

Honestly took me a while to realise exactly what that was saying. At first i was just like, "oh, just another boring Body Double to report on"... followed by "wait a second, does that say Peter???"

Go take a look at his profile picture as well.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tawariell » Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm

This is quite interesting, but I'm extremely excited. :)

I'm guessing they will have something at the beginning, maybe at the train station, etc.

It will be interesting to see how they will do with having Peter (and hopefully Susan), former primary characters, who are secondary characters, in the same scene as the new primary characters that were also primary characters. (Does that make sense?) And also to see the personalities of Peter and Susan in this after PC and in preparation for LB.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
avatar by lilsis_lucy; signature by Erucenindë
Tawariell
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Reepicheep775 » Dec 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Hmm. Okay. I wouldn't mind seeing Peter at all. :)
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Dec 14, 2009 9:21 pm

I think it would be cool to see them in the movie, to tell the truth, I miss them. :p :ymblushing: ;) :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Next