This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 08, 2010 4:04 am

Due to eutace's age already, it would make more sense to do sc next then MN.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Dec 14, 2010 12:47 am

I'd rather have them do The Silver Chair just so we can have a Narnia movie without the White Witch, for once. :p To be honest, I'm getting kind of sick of her.

Edmund will be gone, so there's absolutely no reason or excuse that the filmmakers could possibly have to make her appear again.
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tirian541 » Dec 14, 2010 4:44 pm

I think the Silver Chair will be next cause of the "spoiler" name drop at the end of VDT. Plus it would be the next book that C.S.Lewis wrote/published, right?

Unless they cast the Lady of the Green Kirtle the same as the White Witch, we wouldn't be seeing the White Witch till the Magician's Nephew.
Tirian541
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby WhiteWitch » Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm

I hope the next movie is The Silver Chair. That will be a big epic movie with giants, Underground Kingdom, gnome army.

I do hope the White Witch is in it. She could be in the green mist guiding the Lady of the Green Kirtle and giving her power. It would be a nice continuation since they have been using her in the last two movies as trying to return.
WhiteWitch
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 15, 2010 8:10 am

Ok at this point the only way I can see this working is if they filmed them simultaneously. Too bad it probably won't happen due to budetary concerns. The problem is that SC is dark, in terms of both mood and content, and we're likely to lose whatever audience we have left that wasn't turned off by PC. On the other hand not filming SC now could be disatrous because Will Poulter is outgrowing his role. It would be perfect if they could do them both, we even have two directors! The only thing this plan lacks, is the budget :((
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Timo » Dec 15, 2010 10:33 am

The problem of Prince Caspian wasn't that it was too dark... It was an overal less better movie than LWW, les believable and too 'epic'.
There's enough magic in SC to make an incredible movie out of it. SC should be next, but I'll be very excited if they choose to film MN :)
Timo
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 15, 2010 11:26 am

Well the darkness/ violence was a problem, that can't be denied. Every time I mentioned it to somebody, they'd all say either "I didn't know they were making another one" or "I heard that movie was violent." And I actually thought it was very believable, but I see what you're saying...it certainly wasn't the only problem ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby WhiteWitch » Dec 19, 2010 7:54 pm

I've liked all the movies so far.... Can't wait for Silver Chair!!! It's a big epic story!!
WhiteWitch
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby WhiteWitch » Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

The books have violence and darkness in them. That makes for an exciting movie or book. So what is the problem? The Silver Chair will be an epic movie with a journey into the northland where they will have to face giants before they go deep underground to a city where the Lady in Green has a giant gnome army digging up through the ground to invade Narnia. This will make for a tense, exciting movie.
WhiteWitch
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 19, 2010 8:40 pm

SC should definitely be next as it was all set up with VDT, plus of course the actor-aging aspect. :-s

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 19, 2010 8:41 pm

WhiteWitch wrote:The books have violence and darkness in them. That makes for an exciting movie or book. So what is the problem?

That's the problem, because I believe I've read Walden's contractually abligued (sp fail) not to make any PG-13 or R rated movies, that's why they've been changing some scenes, esp. the undragoning. Secondly, there was quite a bit of uproar from parents that PC was dark and violent, and that it should have been PG-13. Inevitably SC and LB and parts of HHB and MN are kind of stuck in a trap... which could lead to major changes.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Really, Walden's bound by contract to only do PG movies? That's a bit disappointing....I thought PC was rated PG-13.

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Dec 19, 2010 9:01 pm

stateofgreen wrote:Really, Walden's bound by contract to only do PG movies? That's a bit disappointing....I thought PC was rated PG-13.

Nope, in Austrailia it was rated M which is their PG-13 equivilent, but everywhere else it was PG.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Queen Emmie » Dec 19, 2010 9:19 pm

I think we can safely expect "The Silver Chair" to be next....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1223947/

"Lucy, have you seen this ship before?"
"Yes! It's very Narnian-looking, isn't it?"
Queen Emmie
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 19, 2010 9:36 pm

It only says it's in development, not greenlit.... :(

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilygloves » Dec 20, 2010 8:15 pm

If they were to make more Narnia movies, they would have to do the Silver Chair next in order to get Will Poulter (Eustace) before he grows up. I think that after The Silver Chair and The Last Battle, if they keep making movies they should do the Horse and His Boy, because then the Pevensie actors could possibly play the older versions of themselves, as opposed to the adult actors used in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext